Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Playoff Scenarios

We all know that if we win out, we'll win the division. But what about other scenarios? According to ESPN's playoff machine - if we and Dallas have identical records heading into our week 17 match-up - if we lose to them, they'll win the division as long as the Giants lose at least 1 of their remaining 2 games. Dallas would own a tie breaker over us based on best win percentage in common games and a tie breaker over the Giants based on best win percentage in division games. Record vs common opponents ranks as a higher tie-breaker than conference wins (http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=tiebreakers). However, if the Giants were to win out - assuming the same conditions ('skins and Dallas go 1-1 in final 2 weeks but Dallas beats us), the Giants would win the division.

I think the only way we can lose 1 of our remaining games and still win the division is if it's against the Eagles and the Giants also lose 1 of their remaining 2 games. So if we lose next week to the Eagles and Dallas beats NO, but then we beat Dallas the following week and the Giants go 1-1 in the final 2 weeks, we win the division.

Unless I screwed something up, that's what our division title scenarios look like. At least we're in control of our own destiny and we can win it by winning out.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I wonder if any of this will factor into whether or not RG3 plays next week if there's still any question about his health. Obviously we want to win out because it's our only way to control winning the division, but playing the percentages, the Dallas game is the most important so I wonder if there's any chance we'd sit RG3 another week to ensure having him at 100% for Dallas in light of how well Cousins played and the fact that we're facing the lowly Eagles next week.

Anyone know how we're looking on the Wild Card front just in case we don't win out?
    Last edited by SkinsFan4Life71; 12-17-2012 at 10:18 AM.

vCash
    Its such a tight race this year that i cant even think about the 100s of scenarios. Obviously we know what happens if we win out, but if we go 1-1, we still have a chance at the 2nd WC spot. but god, for once can we just win the division? i have a lot of trash talking to do.

vCash
    Too many scenarios, I can't add any value. If the Giants win out and Seattle drops the last 2 games which is entirely possible, that will really shake things up. We just need to win out.

The Cowboys are starting to look pretty sharp, I really hope RGIII is 100% when we play them. They rush with such speed, RGIII is such a great weapon against that rush.

vCash
    Heres my playoff scenario. Win out. That is all we need to do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AWH1979 View Post
    Too many scenarios, I can't add any value. If the Giants win out and Seattle drops the last 2 games which is entirely possible, that will really shake things up. We just need to win out.

The Cowboys are starting to look pretty sharp, I really hope RGIII is 100% when we play them. They rush with such speed, RGIII is such a great weapon against that rush.
    Don't have any updated stats, but I know that up to the Ravens game, RG3 had the highest QBR in the league against the blitz and has been very good against pressure in general. Through that game, against the blitz, RG3 has completed 68.2 percent of his passes for nine touchdowns and no interceptions (for a QBR of 98.4). His QBR against the four-man rush is 74.1, which is also very good.

vCash
    Gonna laugh when Dallas comes in and smashes us Week 17.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
    Just like how all these other teams smashed us the last 5 games

vCash
    We were lucky to win a lot of those games. LOL at this guy. Crazy Redskins fan talk.

vCash
    Hard to take your claims of being a die-hard fan seriously when you say you'd laugh at us losing to our most hated rival in the final game of the season when the division title could very well be on the line.

I've said this before, but I think you're just like a jilted lover. Your girlfriend - in this case the Redskins - broke your heart too many times despite trying to keep high hopes, so now your defense mechanisms won't allow you to trust what you want to believe anymore because you don't want to feel that pain ever again. If lowering your expectations works for you, that's fine and dandy, but not everyone else needs it. My guess is that you'd probably cry, not laugh.

If you want to offer some legit analysis based on actual football knowledge and insight as to why you think we'll lose to Dallas, as opposed to just continuing to be a negative Nelly without backing any of it up with anything substantive, then by all means, the floor is yours. Otherwise, just save it and keep your opinions to yourself if you're not going to say anything insightful and contribute anything good to this forum.
    Last edited by SkinsFan4Life71; 12-17-2012 at 12:43 PM.

vCash
    So in the other thread you said that this week if dallas loses and we win, and then dallas beats us, they get the tie-breaker. This is where i get confused, what would give them the advantage? The common game wins?

vCash
    I would laugh because it would be so fitting. Would it not? You wouldn't laugh? I'm not talking like, HAHA YOU BLEW IT!!!!! But a chuckle laugh because it just would make sense.

Don't lie, you would a lil bit. Then probably smash the TV or something.

Why will we lose to Dallas? Miles Austin. Had he played in the Thanksgiving game we would have lost. He kills us over the middle and that's where we've been getting beat all season.

SEASONS OVER. THE FAT LADIES STOPPED SINGING.

vCash
    you're too obvious now. all u do is come on the board any more to say dumb statements and get ppl riled up. come up with something else. you are tired and old news. blah blah blah.....you bore me. go troll somewhere else. we all hate you anyway.

vCash
    Bla bla bla. Not sure if I should buy playoff tickets or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    So in the other thread you said that this week if dallas loses and we win, and then dallas beats us, they get the tie-breaker. This is where i get confused, what would give them the advantage? The common game wins?
    Yup. Mentioned it in both places:

Quote Originally Posted by SkinsFan4Life71 View Post
    Dallas would own a tie breaker over us based on best win percentage in common games and a tie breaker over the Giants based on best win percentage in division games. Record vs common opponents ranks as a higher tie-breaker than conference wins (http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=tiebreakers).

vCash
    Reed says we win out.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast