Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Free could be cut before after june 1st

If we are able to find another RT then Doug Free possibly will be cut and save us 7 million on salary cap for next season: as of right now the 2013 cap is high for a few players
    Romo:16.8 million
    Carr: 16.3 million
    Ware: 12.2 million
    Free: 10 million
    Austin 8.3 million
    Ratliff: 7 million
    Connor: 4.4 million
    Scandrick: 3.8 million
    Sensi: 3.8 million

I personally don't see us paying Free 10 million for his play and I think he might be good as gone. We should also look into cutting Scandrick to avoid paying him more than a starter. Connor could also see the cutting block because he was just insurance for Carter and it seems Carter is here to stay
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash

vCash
    Dan Connor will definitely be released in the off season as he was basically an insurance policy on Bruce Carter. Since Carter developed into the LB the Cowboys thought he would be, Connor is too expensive to keep at a back up. next season

Connor is due $4.35 Million next season and if he is released he will save the Cowboys $3 Million on the cap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeShaunMarShawn View Post
    Dan Connor will definitely be released in the off season as he was basically an insurance policy on Bruce Carter. Since Carter developed into the LB the Cowboys thought he would be, Connor is too expensive to keep at a back up. next season

Connor is due $4.35 Million next season and if he is released he will save the Cowboys $3 Million on the cap.
    Lemon and McSurdy will go into camp with an edge to beat Connor. I also think they might try to draft another ILB late, but I would not expect Connor to be back next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    If we are able to find another RT then Doug Free possibly will be cut and save us 7 million on salary cap for next season: as of right now the 2013 cap is high for a few players
    Romo:16.8 million
    Carr: 16.3 million
    Ware: 12.2 million
    Free: 10 million
    Austin 8.3 million
    Ratliff: 7 million
    Connor: 4.4 million
    Scandrick: 3.8 million
    Sensi: 3.8 million

I personally don't see us paying Free 10 million for his play and I think he might be good as gone. We should also look into cutting Scandrick to avoid paying him more than a starter. Connor could also see the cutting block because he was just insurance for Carter and it seems Carter is here to stay
    We will carry over about 4 million into 2014.
    He is vastly overpaid and I could see him taking less to stay. Say around 3 million. Personally I can't see Free on this roster next year.

vCash
    thread should say Free should be cut because he blows
    DALLAS COWBOYS 2-1 (BIG YEAR COMING FOR DEFENSE)

Mavs 0-0
    Monta Ellis + Dirk + Calderon + Rick = Best Monta you will see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bhooks80 View Post
    We will carry over about 4 million into 2014.
    He is vastly overpaid and I could see him taking less to stay. Say around 3 million. Personally I can't see Free on this roster next year.
    Only way I see him on the roster is if he takes less money and moves inside to guard to replace Livings or play a backup role.

I think you are right about Connor being gone next year as well.

What do you think about Scandrick? I think Scandrick should be let go, especially if we can retain Jenkins.

To the guy talking about getting a ball hawk safety, I would like to see what Matt Johnson can do. I really think this guy has a lot of potential, but unfortunately he ended up kn IR.

We obviously have Spencer and Jenkins to pay or let go, but who else is in a contract year?

vCash
    Felix, butler, costa, tree, Phillips, cook, McCray, for the most part most of our backups/role players are playing for a contract.

titties

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    Felix, butler, costa, tree, Phillips, cook, McCray, for the most part most of our backups/role players are playing for a contract.
    Thanks, I had forgotten about Jones. He's made a case for himself but only if he can come back for very little money. Butler and Phillips Gould be retained reasonably.

Costa and Cook. I think one will be let go. Depending on what other pieces we add on our OL I wouldn't mind moving Bernie to C and letting one of these guys stay around for backup positions on the OL.

Bye Tree.

McCray, maybe for depth but I think it depends on the health and how some of our other guys do in the offseason.

What do you guys think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baazinakon View Post
    Thanks, I had forgotten about Jones. He's made a case for himself but only if he can come back for very little money. Butler and Phillips Gould be retained reasonably.

Costa and Cook. I think one will be let go. Depending on what other pieces we add on our OL I wouldn't mind moving Bernie to C and letting one of these guys stay around for backup positions on the OL.

Bye Tree.

McCray, maybe for depth but I think it depends on the health and how some of our other guys do in the offseason.

What do you guys think?
    i would like to keep costa. i think he is better than bernadeu. i think phillips is a nice backup, but nothing we can't replace so only if he comes very cheap. let mccray go and get a REAL BALLHAWK FS! and then i want us to either switch to a 4-3 and let ware and rat play the DE positions (which i doubt) or i want us to keep anthony spencer. i know he will cost a lot, but i think he is worth it! i like felix jones a lot so if he is cheap i say we keep him for at least another year until murray proves he can stay healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    i would like to keep costa. i think he is better than bernadeu. i think phillips is a nice backup, but nothing we can't replace so only if he comes very cheap. let mccray go and get a REAL BALLHAWK FS! and then i want us to either switch to a 4-3 and let ware and rat play the DE positions (which i doubt) or i want us to keep anthony spencer. i know he will cost a lot, but i think he is worth it! i like felix jones a lot so if he is cheap i say we keep him for at least another year until murray proves he can stay healthy.
    I agree with just about everything you said and definitely about keeping Spencer.

The only thing is Costa and Cook. I think whoever is the better, more versatile player should be retained. Depending on how Bernie plays at Center I wouldn't mind keeping him there. Bernie is a big guy and has done very well, especially considering that he is new to the center position. Romo like to climb the pocket, especially when the tackles lose their battles and having a big guy like Bernie hold the front of the pocket can really help.

I have been hard on Felix but he has been doing alright recently, all thing considered. I think he stays if the money is right but we let him walk if he asks for too much. Murray needs to do something to get better conditioned and hopefully a better OL can help him stay injury free next year.

vCash
    I personally think we should be able to let Scandrick walk he is not worth 3.8 million a season and Conner is pretty much gone. There is no reason backups should be making more than our starters. Free better take a MAJOR paycut or he is cut because we can get a rookie to put u the exact same production for a fraction of cost.
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    Cut Free and redo Connor's contract. Keep everyone else. Restructure as many contracts as possible.

vCash
    I read the article on espn and it also states that we will save $10 mil alone on restructuring Carr's deal. I say we do that and release Connor an dsave the $3 mil. I'm not for restructuring alot of contracts because all we're doing is pushing that money back. This is an unstable way to handle this financially. Cut our ties with under achievers and focus on scouting draft prospects. Contracts for Scandrick, Austin and Free should have never happened to the amounts they signed for. Scandrick is a good slot CB but you don't pay a slot CB $32 mil. Austin has been a non factor and he can't even give us a full season without an injury. WHen he is on the field he is dropping balls at crucial moments and downs. IMHO Bryant is our #1 WR and I think Beasley can do wonders for us in the slot. Free has disappointed me with his play. At this point Parnell should at least get a crack at the RT spot........

vCash
    Free should be cut now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast