Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team was more impressive?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ohio State

6 42.86%
  • Penn State

8 57.14%
    vCash

Which B1G team was more impressive this season, Ohio State or Penn State?

Simple question. I would give PSU the edge here and Bill O'Brien deserves a lot of credit. Did not think he was head coaching caliber at all and really surprised how well he did year one.

vCash
    Do you mean most impressive season considering the issues surrounding the programs? I totally agree that Penn State was more surprising, and if O'Brien sticks around I could see Penn State getting through sanctions and re-emerging as an elite program. Hackenberg is a stud QB commit, and will really help lay the foundation moving forward.

As for Ohio State, they had so much more talent than the rest of Big Ten, so I'm not shocked that they ran the table. Urban Meyer may be a douche, but he is a great coach. Off-topic, but Ohio State will likely be pre-season number one next year, but I won't be picking them to win it all.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Penn State hands down. Worst-case scenario as far as distractions along with a ton of transfers prior to the season and they still go 8-4.

You do have to give Ohio State's seniors a lot of credit though for fighting through and going undefeated despite the knowledge that they had nothing but pride to play for.

And unless someone emerges in the Big Ten next year, tOSU will run the table within their conference again next season IMO.

vCash
    penn state without a doubt
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Both teams had a tremendous season. I give Penn St. a lot of credit especially the players that stayed and played together.

Ohio State had more talent and now we have the best coach in the NCAA in Meyer, so I had a feeling we were going to have a pretty good season, but I didn't think it would be 12-0..I am pumped for next year..(needless to say)

vCash
    How many team ever go 12-0? This is a no-brainer!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Both teams had a tremendous season. I give Penn St. a lot of credit especially the players that stayed and played together.

Ohio State had more talent and now we have the best coach in the NCAA in Meyer, so I had a feeling we were going to have a pretty good season, but I didn't think it would be 12-0..I am pumped for next year..(needless to say)
    woah woah woah slow your roll there. He's top 3 maybe top 2 but he's not the top.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    woah woah woah slow your roll there. He's top 3 maybe top 2 but he's not the top.
    In my opinion he is. He has won everywhere he has been. BGSU, Utah, UF (2 Nat'l Titles) and now here @ OSU.

That's a lot accomplished and he is only 48 years old..

vCash
    I think he's easily the best coach too.

And you can't say "I think he's top 2, maybe" without saying who's #1!!

As or the poll, I think all things considered, what Penn State did, especially after that horrific two game start, is supremely impressive. Both schools impressed, slight endge to PSU tho. I wasn't sure they were even gonna get to 2 or 3 wins this year.

vCash
    I think both schools were very impressive considering the circumstances surrounding both teams. I'm an Ohio State fan so obviously I think going 12-0 wins out over Penn State's season but I can understand why some would choose Penn State because of the off the field stuff.

vCash
    Definitely Penn State. Ohio State had great talent, and no pressure. Look at 2011 USC compared to 2012 USC. I don't see Ohio State as much different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I think he's easily the best coach too.

And you can't say "I think he's top 2, maybe" without saying who's #1!!

As or the poll, I think all things considered, what Penn State did, especially after that horrific two game start, is supremely impressive. Both schools impressed, slight endge to PSU tho. I wasn't sure they were even gonna get to 2 or 3 wins this year.
    Since he's the "best" coach does that mean he's ahead of Nick Saban? I'm not trying to spark an argument with you. I'm curious to why you would put him over Saban. Please elaborate.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Impressive OSU 12-0 record, impressive season, no doubt..

vCash
    I thought Penn State might go like 3-9 or 2-10 this year when they lost their first 2 games. I've been impressed with them all season and annoyed that they beat Northwestern.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    In my opinion he is. He has won everywhere he has been. BGSU, Utah, UF (2 Nat'l Titles) and now here @ OSU.

That's a lot accomplished and he is only 48 years old..
    Meyer's walked into 2 really nice situations at UF and OSU which is sort of unusual for CFB. Florida was pretty decent when Zook was there, competitive in all their games and most importantly loaded with talent. OSU has been a top 10 team for a decade and Meyer basically took over the reigns. Not saying he couldn't build a program he just hasn't really needed to do it.

vCash
    Ohio State over Penn State for impressive
    Nick Saban over Urban Meyer for best coach

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/