Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Travis d'Arnaud's Value ...

How much is this kid worth?

He is arguably a top 10 prospect in all of baseball, and he also plays at arguably the most important position in all of baseball.

He was having a pretty great season at AAA last year and he will definately be MLB ready at some point this year.

If we can get a great package that helps us win now, are you comfortable moving forward with JPA?

Thoughts?

vCash
    He's the best catching prospect in baseball, his value is through the roof IMO. For me personally, you'd have to blow me away big time. A young all-star would be my asking price because I believe that's what D'arnaud will be in a year or two, especially at a premium position. Top catchers are extremely hard to replace, without a doubt.

As far as JPA, if TDA was dealt, then Arencibia would be okay I suppose but he's still below average. I still wouldn't be confident in him however. I'm not a JPA fan and I've made it clear for a while. Crappy defense,no OBP, no BA, no defense. A guy we can improve on.

vCash
    D'Arnaud (along with Syndergaard and Osuna) is a prospect I'd really prefer they hold on to rather than trade to increase their opportunity to win in a 2-3 year window. He seems to be a really talented catcher and I'd like to see he and Lawrie be the core of the offense for the next decade.

vCash
    At this point, TDA and Gose are the only two position player prospects that can make a dent in the bigs anytime soon. I'd move them if the deal was overwhelming, but you can't lose sight of (knock on an enormous block of wood) the possibility of this entire Marlins experiment going terribly wrong. At which point you're basically building this thing over again with 2015/16 in mind, at which point TDA and to a lesser extent Gose have a chance of being cheap, All-Star type players. Unless you're getting Felix Hernandez or something in return, I'd try to hold on to D'Arnaud.

vCash
    Keep him unless AA can include him in a package for a young elite talent.

Specs are far from a sure thing though, no matter how highly they're regarded. 2/3 of our previous specs that rated in the top 15 in baseball (Snider and Drabek) didnt work out the way we hoped.

vCash
    i never have been on board with the whole King Felix deal. However, if we can get Zunino back in the deal and get felix, i feel as if that would more than compensate for the loss of tda with zunino being ready in about 2 years. however the price we have to pay for that package is just ******** and i wouldnt even want to know what Seattle would want in return.

vCash
    I think that there's a possibility that we could see both JPA and TDA in the same line-up. Have them split catching duties and DH duties. People may think JPA's bat will never be anything special, but I think people should remember this upcoming season is only the third in his major league career. Guy shows flashes of real talent. Might also assist in keeping both players relatively healthy.

vCash
    I'd find it a lot easier to buy the JPA breakout idea if his minor league numbers didn't show that he'd be exactly the kind of player he is right now.

vCash
    I'm not saying he's ever going to be an on-base machine, but he can certainly improve and I think he will provide decent power. Right now it seems to me that he has been fairly streaky as well (I could be wrong), if he can learn to be more consistent that will also certainly help his numbers.

vCash
    I'm talking more about the contact issues, everyone should have seen those coming. Hitting anything above .240 would be absolutely shocking at this point, and for a guy who doesn't walk that really limits what kind of value he can provide offensively.

vCash
    The dude just needs to stay healthy.

I'd only include him in a deal for a no doubt top of the line pitcher (Felix, Kershaw, etc). And among all those, only Felix could potentially get dealt within the next year/ year and a half.

Keep him, and see what you have in the kid. If he rakes in AAA in buffalo, his value will only go higher.
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    Would you trade TDA for Will Myers? Not sure if it is my homerism or not but I wouldn't simply because TDA can be a middle of the order bat as a catcher even if Myers turns into a premiere offensive player with a better slashline.

vCash
    I wouldnt trade D'arnaud unless a certain Felix Hernandez was involved

vCash
    I think he's a candidate for ROTY if he starts with the club in April. Not sure about this year but for his career I see him as a .280 ish hitter with a .330-.340 OBP and around 15-20 homers a year and a slugging pct. around .430

In other words, a very good hitter, especially for a catcher. That combined with the fact that he is among the best defensive catching prospects and his upside is definitely that of an all-star. Nice floor + nice ceiling, just needs to stay healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kanersen View Post
    Would you trade TDA for Will Myers? Not sure if it is my homerism or not but I wouldn't simply because TDA can be a middle of the order bat as a catcher even if Myers turns into a premiere offensive player with a better slashline.
    Where would we even play Myers?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast