Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Yea, it's Pau's fault that Kobe averages 3.7 to's per game.

He's a cancer. The Laker's would be undefeated without him. It doesn't matter that he's played the most minutes of all Lakers the past 3 seasons by far. He sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    This is the perfect example of why people should watch basketball games instead of relying on advanced stats to show people their knowledge of basketball.
    This is the perfect example of a person blindly assuming something without any reason too.

I have watched a few Laker games this year and in general my eyes told me the same thing these stats have.

Gasol is not the weak link on this team defensively.
    His help defense is good (although probably weaker / less consistent then in previous years) and his m2m is good except VS quicker players who can put the ball on the floor because his mobility/quickness is not what it used to be.

Not Pau's fault if the coach is not smart enough to understand/see that and react appropriately.
    Also good offensive players are usually gonna score no matter who guards them... but with Pau he gets yelled at even in those situations.
    Last edited by Andrew32; 11-25-2012 at 08:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    Yes it does. Defensive numbers are often influenced by the defensive system and the 5-man units.

You claim to use stats and don't even know their implications
    Opposing TEAM Ortg is pretty telling.

vCash
    This is the perfect example of why people should watch basketball games instead of relying on advanced stats to show people their knowledge of basketball.
    LOL you say that regardless of the outcome. Remember how you ran away last time you said this.

You do know its possible to watch and analyze right.
    Last edited by Chronz; 11-25-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    All that said, these numbers are meaningless right now but I didn't get the feeling they were this solid. Hes had mixed success in isolation tho, and his help defense sucks IMO.

vCash
    the thing is.
    1Paus defense is better than what people credits hiim for

2 paus defnese is not at his best right now because he has tendinitis-.

3 " laker " fans are using him as the scapegoat and are nitpicking each and every thing he does, and every time his man goes by him they react like if germany had invaded poland again.
    you can do that for EVERY PLAYER in the league, nitpick and overact at each bad step, and even jordan woudl look like a scrub if you do that on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    LOL you say that regardless of the outcome. Remember how you ran away last time you said this.

You do know its possible to watch and analyze right.
    I watch every Laker game and Pau Gasol is terrible on defense. Your stats can never tell me otherwise.

vCash
    I watch every Laker game and Pau Gasol is terrible on defense. Your stats can never tell me otherwise.
    No doubt, like a great scholar once said, "A genius can change his mind, but you can never change the mind of an idiot". Your no idiot..... except when it comes to stats, your close mindedness and lack of perspective makes your opinion irrelevant. Thats why I brought up the last time you said it. The guy was going off what he recalled visually but the facts went against his opinion. It was the PERFECT example of how you combine analysis with stats, yet you still came out and tried to play the contrarian. Any thoughts on that?

Back to your post, heres the thing about watching the game, you have no basis for comparison unless you watch the other teams too. So its not about how many Laker games you watch, its about how much of the LEAGUE you watch. And even then your not a supercomputer so your analysis is still prone to bias and mental lapses.

I watch every Lakers game too, the difference between you and me is that I watch a **** load more games around the league and I know the value of stats.

All that said, Pau's defensive numbers as an individual arent my greatest concern, its his help defense that has me troubled. Hes not a 4-man anymore and he needs too much help IMO. So yes we can agree that Pau has been subpar defensively regardless of what the stats say. High five?
    Last edited by Chronz; 11-25-2012 at 12:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    #1. + / - numbers

Opposing teams ORTG
    ----------------------------------
    With Gasol on the court : 101
    With Gasol off the court : 118

Opposing teams eFG%
    With Gasol on the court :46%
    With Gasol off the court : 56%

#2. DRTG

Dwight : 100
    Gasol : 103
    Metta : 104
    Kobe : 106
    Morris : 110

#3. Opponents Production / Efficiency by Position

PG : 16-PER / 48%-eFG
    SG : 12-PER / 46%-eFG
    SF : 13-PER / 50%-eFG
    PF : 15-PER / 44%-eFG
    C : 16-PER / 48%-eFG

So really... Gasol is not the root of all problems for the Lakers defense.
    Infact the Lakers are better on both ends of the floor when he is playing.
    If you went by the numbers at 82games.com, you would think pau is better than dwight on D...

vCash
    Andrew is clearly the worst troll on psd and obviously doesn't watch or play basketball.
    This is all very funny.

Follow me on Twitter @KnowNameGuy

vCash
    And that's why those defensive stats are dog **** they don't tell the whole story same with almost all the other advanced stats
    Last edited by LoveMeOrHateMe; 11-25-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rsweene View Post
    If you went by the numbers at 82games.com, you would think pau is better than dwight on D...
    rly?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    #1. + / - numbers

Opposing teams ORTG
    With Gasol on the court : 101
    With Gasol off the court : 118

Opposing teams eFG%
    With Gasol on the court :46%
    With Gasol off the court : 56%

#2. DRTG

Dwight : 100
    Gasol : 103
    Metta : 104
    Kobe : 106
    Morris : 110

#3. Opponents Production / Efficiency by Position

PG : 16-PER / 48%-eFG
    SG : 12-PER / 46%-eFG
    SF : 13-PER / 50%-eFG
    PF : 15-PER / 44%-eFG
    C : 16-PER / 48%-eFG

So really... Gasol is not the root of all problems for the Lakers defense.
    Infact the Lakers are better on both ends of the floor when he is playing.
    If you just watch the game, you can tell that he's not very good. Advanced statistics are the worst ****ing thing that has happened since Vanilla Coke was discontinued. ****!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefflin View Post
    Andrew is clearly the worst troll on psd and obviously doesn't watch or play basketball.
    He's also a *****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    No doubt, like a great scholar once said, "A genius can change his mind, but you can never change the mind of an idiot". Your no idiot..... except when it comes to stats, your close mindedness and lack of perspective makes your opinion irrelevant. Thats why I brought up the last time you said it. The guy was going off what he recalled visually but the facts went against his opinion. It was the PERFECT example of how you combine analysis with stats, yet you still came out and tried to play the contrarian. Any thoughts on that?

Back to your post, heres the thing about watching the game, you have no basis for comparison unless you watch the other teams too. So its not about how many Laker games you watch, its about how much of the LEAGUE you watch. And even then your not a supercomputer so your analysis is still prone to bias and mental lapses.

I watch every Lakers game too, the difference between you and me is that I watch a **** load more games around the league and I know the value of stats.

All that said, Pau's defensive numbers as an individual arent my greatest concern, its his help defense that has me troubled. Hes not a 4-man anymore and he needs too much help IMO. So yes we can agree that Pau has been subpar defensively regardless of what the stats say. High five?
    Like I said, im WATCHING him play and my eyes tell me that he cant play defense. No number in the world can say otherwise to me.
    Last edited by nickdymez; 11-25-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast