Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It helps that simmons has above average speed. Not bourn like, but more than enough.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Upton hitting leadoff would be a disaster. He doesn't get on base nearly enough.

Not to take a shot at Fredi but I think Upton's speed would be enticing to him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Upton hitting leadoff but I think it's stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan
    Upton hitting leadoff would be a disaster. He doesn't get on base nearly enough.

Not to take a shot at Fredi but I think Upton's speed would be enticing to him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Upton hitting leadoff but I think it's stupid.
    Even if we set aside the progress the new hitting coaches made with our regulars in their first season on the job after the garbage we saw in 2011, Upton has hit for better numbers batting in the top half of the lineup.... unless you guys are comfortable paying double-digit-millions for another bottom of the order hitter to go with the two we already have.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-27-2012 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post

Yeah its not happening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Even if we set aside the progress the new hitting coaches made with our regulars in their first season on the job after the garbage we saw in 2011, Upton has hit for better numbers batting in the Top half of the lineup.... unless you guys are comfortable paying double-digit-millions for another of the order hitter to go with the two we already have.
    Doesn't have to be bottom of the order. I wouldn't mind hitting him 3rd or 5th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan
    Doesn't have to be bottom of the order. I wouldn't mind hitting him 3rd or 5th.
    Let me see your lineup. I'd assume something like... Prado, Heyward, BJ, Someone, Fred, Simba, Mac, Uggla.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-27-2012 at 02:15 PM.

vCash
    just for kicks, lets say Upton picks the braves. If we get a solid LF, depends on who it is, our lineup could look something like this

Simmons
    Prado
    Heyward
    Upton
    OR
    Freeman
    LF
    Mccann
    OR
    Uggla

either way, its multiple possibilities

vCash
    This was my thread over the summer suggesting Simba batting leadoff, btw.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...=simba+leadoff

I still think he has the tools to do it, just want to put players in the best position to succeed.

vCash
    But it all depends on Spring Training, IF Uggs can at least be what he was for the second half of 2011 and the first half of 2012, then i think Fredi tries to get him in the middle of the order, anywhere from 4-6. It all depends on who we get to play LF, and what everyone looks like in ST

vCash
    The crazy thing is, Heyward,Freeman,Simmons, and Kimbrel all wont hit their prime til at least 3 more years. Assuming they stay healthy. Im on board with andrelton leading off if we dont get someone else to do it. He is like Prado, low k's, high contact, decent obp. With him, prado, and heyward at 1-2-3, that really stets the table for our power/ Rbi guys

vCash
    Spring Training can and will deceive though, just like any other sport's preseason. Some folks in here were in favor of starting Pastornicky over Simmons after what they saw in ST. Didn't take long for them to come around to Team Simba.

vCash
    Spring Training can and will deceive though, just like any other sport's preseason. Some folks in here were in favor of starting Pastornicky over Simmons after what they saw in ST. Didn't take long for them to come around to Team Simba.
    yeah, you're right. From a managers perspective, Fredi will know more of what he wants his lineup to look like based on what he sees in ST. It can be deceiving, but that's all he has to evaluate who will hit where in the order.

vCash
    I'm going based off of who we have right now(and assuming a BJ signing)

Simmons
    Heyward
    Upton
    Freeman
    Prado
    McCann
    Uggla
    Constanza
    Pitcher

Hard to order the lineup with a ton of question marks(how will Uggla and Mac bounce back etc.). I also took into consideration handedness and tried to alternate L/R.

vCash
    i am assuming we will get a leadoff type hitter to go with upton. Id like Victorino. I think that gives you some flexibility with Upton. I think he will hit all over the order through the season. I'd like to see something like this....

Victorino S
    Heyward L
    Prado R
    Freeman L
    Upton R
    McCann L
    Uggla R
    Simmons R

vCash
    True and I made a thread about Simba batting leadoff during this past season. But some power/aggressiveness at the top of the order might be just what we need to boost the RISP woes. Get this team off to faster starts, more early leads, ya know?
    Having a good power hitter hitting first is a good strategy if you have a very good lineup, i mean if you have a middle of the order who can hit 30 or 40 bombs a year, but with this team we need him more in the middle of the order.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast