Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You are the GM

vCash

You are the GM

Ok, you are the GM. What moves, signings, trades do you make to better this team?

Ground Rules:
    1-The trade must make senses for all clubs involved
    For example, no middle reliever trade for a stud bat, no one would agree to that.
    2-Signings must fit financially.
    The Braves have roughly $10 Mill to work with.

What does your starting team look like? Have fun!

vCash
    Ok I'll bite..... And I'll go ahead and say its not likely, but i think the money would work.

#1 Sign and Trade with Michael Morse - I would extend him through 2016 (Age 34 season). I would be willing to let Delgado + something go in that deal.

#2 Acquire Emilio Bonifacio - I would be willing to give them good talent that is farther away from Major League ready. With Delgado already gone in the Morse deal, I would have to get value here. I think we have the pieces to do it.

#3 Talk Javier Vasquez out of Retirement - Because our rotation would be thinned out by the Delgado trade until Beachy comes back, Vasquez would be a great, cheap, insurance policy in the event Teheran falls on his face in ST.

#4 Trade Uggla for Salary Relief - I think Uggla has value for a team looking to contend. I would be willing to eat the majority of this years salary as well. Not really concerned about the return, because we would be able to use that money to extend some guys.

So that would leave us with......

Bonifacio 3B
    Prado 2b
    Heyward RF
    Morse LF
    Freeman 1b
    Upton CF
    McCann C
    Simmons SS

Medlen
    Minor
    Hudson
    Maholm
    Teheran/Vasquez

Gearrin
    Oflaherty
    Venters
    Walden
    Kimbrel

vCash
    Here is my idea

Only on move is really needed in my opinion.

1. I would make a trade of Delgado and Eric O'Flarity to the Boston Red Sox for Jacoby Ellsbury. Even though he is a Boras Client I would find a way to extend him out about 4-6 years. So our lineup would look like this.

1.Ellsbury-LF(hopefully limit injury possibilities)
    2.Prado-3B
    3.Heyward-RF
    4.Freeman-1B
    5.Upton-CF
    6.McCann-C(when healthy)
    7.Uggla-2B
    8.Simmons-SS

1.Medlen-SP1
    2.Hudson-SP2
    3.Minor-SP3
    4.Tehran-SP4
    5.Malhom-SP5
    Beachy (assumes a starting role when he returns from Tommy John surgery and can handle the load)

Gearrin-RP
    Avilan-LRP
    Venters-SUL
    Walden-SUR
    Kimbrel-CL

Laird-C
    Francisco-3B
    Pena-SS/2B
    Johnson-OF
    Schafer-OF

vCash
    Trade Delgado and Cunningham to the Rangers for Mike Olt. Let Olt play third and Prado left. Then trade Zeke Spruill to the Rockies for Tyler Colvin to be a fifth outfielder/backup firstbaseman.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Trade Delgado and Cunningham to the Rangers for Mike Olt. Let Olt play third and Prado left. Then trade Zeke Spruill to the Rockies for Tyler Colvin to be a fifth outfielder/backup firstbaseman.
    I like the first one, not the second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    i highly doubt the rangers would make that deal. I think they will probably use him as trade bait to acquire that big outfield bat they have been looking for.

vCash
    Personally, I'd be trying to sign Bourn to a 3 year deal to play LF. Lead off is there, and solid glove. It's a tough sign, but if Bourn can't find the deal he's looking for, them I'd push for it.

vCash
    I don't think the budget is there for Bourn, and I think he wants a 5 year deal.

vCash
    Honestly at the moment I wouldn't do much. Outside of a block buster trade to get Trumbo (which isn't going to happen) the only deal I wouldn't mind seeing Atlanta make is getting Emilio Bonifacio for some lower level prospects. I like him because if he hits like he did in 2011 then he would be a solid lead off hitter. If that doesn't happen he still makes for a pretty solid utility guy off the bench. I'd prefer to keep our big guns for now and use them for a potential trade deadline move. On paper this team looks good enough to get away with a less than stellar Johnson/Francisco platoon.

Lineup:

1. Simmons SS
    2. Prado LF
    3. Heyward RF
    4. Upton CF
    5. Freeman 1B
    6. McCann C
    7. Uggla 2B
    8. Fransico 3B

Rotation:

1. Medlen
    2. Hudson
    3. Minor
    4. Maholm
    5. Teheran/Delgado until Beachy is ready to start again

Bullpen:

Martinez
    Gearrin
    O'Flaherty
    Venters
    Walden
    Kimbrel

Bench:

Laird C
    Janish SS
    Johnson OF
    Bonifacio UT
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 12-20-2012 at 07:53 PM.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Three way trade, uggla to Toronto, Maholm and Delgado to Texas. The Braves get Olt and Bonafacio. Braves send $6 mil to Toronto. The Braves Free up 12.5 mil. Then we sign Lohse to a 4 yr 48 mil deal. We have 10.5 mil left. We use the rest of the money to lock up Heyward, Freeman, Prado, and Medlen. The blue Jays would also get a few more minor leaguers from Texas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    Three way trade, uggla to Toronto, Maholm and Delgado to Texas. The Braves get Olt and Bonafacio. Braves send $6 mil to Toronto. The Braves Free up 12.5 mil. Then we sign Lohse to a 4 yr 48 mil deal. We have 10.5 mil left. We use the rest of the money to lock up Heyward, Freeman, Prado, and Medlen. The blue Jays would also get a few more minor leaguers from Texas.
    I'm not sure about the Lohse part.... But I do like the Olt and Bonafacio part. I also have to add, if the Braves make a trade filling 3rd and 2B for the next few years, I doubt they would sign Prado to an ext..... despite my differences, good job, I really like the Olt and Bonafacio idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    so the rangers would give up olt and a few more minor leaguers for maholm and delgado? and the blue jays would get uggla, cash, and prospects for bonafacio? doesnt seem very realistic.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind seeing what it would take to bring in Corey Hart. He's another RH bat that you can throw anywhere in the lineup to break up the large number of LH bats that we have.

vCash
    Hi guys, I'm new to the board. I kinda like moving an older pitcher, like Huddy or Malholm. Huddy seems to have the most value to me. I know the Yanks don't really like dealing with the Bravos pitching but I also know they want to get below the $189M salary cap for next year. On the other side, I know we want to get younger so I would want in return for Huddy, Nova. I know he didn't have a great year last year but he's shown signs of being a solid 3/4 guy. I would make that trade straight up because Huddy's a FA at the end of next year and Nova has a couple of years of control left. Opens the door for more moves with more money to use.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pageme45 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new to the board. I kinda like moving an older pitcher, like Huddy or Malholm. Huddy seems to have the most value to me. I know the Yanks don't really like dealing with the Bravos pitching but I also know they want to get below the $189M salary cap for next year. On the other side, I know we want to get younger so I would want in return for Huddy, Nova. I know he didn't have a great year last year but he's shown signs of being a solid 3/4 guy. I would make that trade straight up because Huddy's a FA at the end of next year and Nova has a couple of years of control left. Opens the door for more moves with more money to use.
    I don't think the braves wants to get younger, we have a big young core of players, position players and in the rotation. Nova is a 4/5 starter in my opinion and Hudson will probably sign an extention with the braves after his contract ends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast