Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: cod questions

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    698
    vCash
    1500

    cod questions

    Thoughts on cod...worth buying
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4ESkVmxCzCA/TJgFFqxdhmI/AAAAAAAAACQ/yEaxqznjzxc/s1600/anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen.jpg
    Diamondbacks
    Tampa Bucs
    PHX Suns
    Coyotes
    kyle MMA record 1-0

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    I gave up on the series following MW2. Game is tailored to 12 year olds. Too many perks, too many kill streaks. I know some will agree with me, but many will not and that's perfectly okay with me.

    It's been months since I've found a shooter that held my attention. Might try getting back into CoD4.

    "King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    27,709
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozerguy47 View Post
    I gave up on the series following MW2. Game is tailored to 12 year olds. Too many perks, too many kill streaks. I know some will agree with me, but many will not and that's perfectly okay with me.

    It's been months since I've found a shooter that held my attention. Might try getting back into CoD4.
    Tried CS:GO?

    I pretty much agree on all your points and like CS:GO.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    7,562
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Tried CS:GO?

    I pretty much agree on all your points and like CS:GO.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    35,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozerguy47 View Post
    I gave up on the series following MW2. Game is tailored to 12 year olds. Too many perks, too many kill streaks. I know some will agree with me, but many will not and that's perfectly okay with me.

    It's been months since I've found a shooter that held my attention. Might try getting back into CoD4.
    CoD4 was the last one I really enjoyed. You try Battlefield 3? High learning curve but really fun

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    ^ Yeah... I played BF3 steadily for several weeks after it was released. Got burnt out on it. Always did pretty dang well in it, but the bit of lag in hit registration wore on me.

    The lag I'm talking about is when you and an enemy manage to kill each-other at the exact same time... Or you run around a corner and still get shot as if you're in the open. CoD4 was the last shooter I found that had perfect latency and balance.

    Before the first MW, I played America's Army on PC. Free, developed by the US Army. No perks. No kill streaks. Better player wins.

    "King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,647
    vCash
    1500
    Spend your money on something else.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    35,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozerguy47 View Post
    ^ Yeah... I played BF3 steadily for several weeks after it was released. Got burnt out on it. Always did pretty dang well in it, but the bit of lag in hit registration wore on me.

    The lag I'm talking about is when you and an enemy manage to kill each-other at the exact same time... Or you run around a corner and still get shot as if you're in the open. CoD4 was the last shooter I found that had perfect latency and balance.

    Before the first MW, I played America's Army on PC. Free, developed by the US Army. No perks. No kill streaks. Better player wins.
    The thing where two people kill each other still happens on occasion. The thing with the bullets bending corners has gotten fixed. From what I've seen of BO:2 multiplayer, theres still some bullet curving

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    50,954
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    The thing where two people kill each other still happens on occasion. The thing with the bullets bending corners has gotten fixed. From what I've seen of BO:2 multiplayer, theres still some bullet curving
    Most definitely. Nothing pisses me off more than that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    The thing where two people kill each other still happens on occasion. The thing with the bullets bending corners has gotten fixed. From what I've seen of BO:2 multiplayer, theres still some bullet curving
    Really? They fixed the hit registration lag relating to bullets bending corners/cover? Hmmm... Well I played last night for the first time since March. Come to think of it, maybe I didn't notice much of the whole "getting shot after running around the corner"... I guess I really only noticed the thing where two guys kill each other.

    "King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    35,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozerguy47 View Post
    Really? They fixed the hit registration lag relating to bullets bending corners/cover? Hmmm... Well I played last night for the first time since March. Come to think of it, maybe I didn't notice much of the whole "getting shot after running around the corner"... I guess I really only noticed the thing where two guys kill each other.
    Yah I havent noticed it in a while. If anything its less noticeable than it was in CoD. It was bad last time I played that

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,216
    vCash
    1500
    I've given up on CoD, BF, and MoH. They're all boring and get sucky each year.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,270
    vCash
    1461
    The game is actually solid. Anything that annoys you, there is a counter for it. I get raped often but Treyarch did a solid job. Its too early to say, but it could be the best one since cod4. I was at my wits end with this series, but i came into this with relatively low expectations and i'm well happy.

    I enjoy how scorestreaks make camping pointless. Not many people trolling for a high KDR because they won't get streaks that way.

    Between the campaign, zombies, and multiplayer the $60 asking price isn't out of order.

    That said, if i had a good PC, there are so many other, better shooters i would be playing. I burnt myself out of the 5 maps featured in PS3s CS:GO. And i played battlefield for several days..

    My opinion is, if you like COD, or want to like it but have been let down by recent entries, try out Black Ops 2. Get it on black friday or something.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    No chance they fixed the hit registration lag. I just killed a couple guys after they clearly ran around the corner. I too was at the other end of the stick, being I got shot after taking cover. BF3 has loads of potential, but the minor latency lag makes it a joke. Well... I took several months off, managed to play a couple hours in the last day or so and now I'm sick of it.

    "King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Train Train Cheechoo Train
    Posts
    547
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    The game is actually solid. Anything that annoys you, there is a counter for it. I get raped often but Treyarch did a solid job. Its too early to say, but it could be the best one since cod4. I was at my wits end with this series, but i came into this with relatively low expectations and i'm well happy.

    I enjoy how scorestreaks make camping pointless. Not many people trolling for a high KDR because they won't get streaks that way.

    Between the campaign, zombies, and multiplayer the $60 asking price isn't out of order.

    That said, if i had a good PC, there are so many other, better shooters i would be playing. I burnt myself out of the 5 maps featured in PS3s CS:GO. And i played battlefield for several days..

    My opinion is, if you like COD, or want to like it but have been let down by recent entries, try out Black Ops 2. Get it on black friday or something.

    Unfortunetly from what I've seen with the game so far is that, when I play domination almost every lobby is full of kids sitting in corners sniping and camping. The game hasn't changed because of the scorestreaks and the maps are easier to camp windows in such. Unless you enjoy the zombies part (which is awesome), then I would spend your money elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •