Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Dream trade. 3 way deal between Tex, Tor, Tampa
    Tex gets: JPA, Darren Oliver, Aaron Sanchez, + one more piece
    Tampa Gets: Profar
    Tor gets: Matt Moore

I have the plus one more piece because I don't think that's quite enough from the Jays but I think it's pretty close and it fills the needs of all the teams involved. What do you guys think.

vCash
    I think it makes more sense for the Rangers to trade Profar and keep Matt Moore for themselves

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Twins fan here. Im not sure how realistic this idea is, if it is at all...

Arencibia for Morneau and $3M?

It would make sense for us to move Mauer to first and get younger, would also free up $10M more leaving us with about $40M to spend after trading Span and Morneau on 3 free agent pitchers this offseason. It would give you guys a high risk high reward option at first base and would loosen the logjam at catcher...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trevhipp7 View Post

It would make sense for us to move Mauer to first and get younger, would also free up $10M more leaving us with about $40M to spend after trading Span and Morneau on 3 free agent pitchers this offseason. It would give you guys a high risk high reward option at first base and would loosen the logjam at catcher...
    Done. I have AA on a conference call right now going over the final details.

But yes I'd go for it. Right after we sign another SP.

vCash
    I think it would make a ton of sense for the Twins. Would allow use to give Sanchez 6 years $90M and then McCarthy on a 1 year deal with a vesting option and then another 1 year deal type of pitcher. And we move Mauer to first to prolong his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trevhipp7 View Post

I think AA may not like giving up our starting catcher for someone only under control for 1 more season.

What about JPA for Morneau and Jose Berrios ..and you keep the 3M bucks...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think AA may not like giving up our starting catcher for someone only under control for 1 more season.

What about JPA for Morneau and Jose Berrios ..and you keep the 3M bucks...
    Hows about just take Lind and Jimenez , young catcher and a DH

vCash
    I wouldn't do JP for Morneau. Cheap, (relatively) young, controllable starting catcher for an expensive platoon bat with huge question marks signed for one season? I'm far from a JP fan, but he's worth more than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyAce View Post

I have the plus one more piece because I don't think that's quite enough from the Jays but I think it's pretty close and it fills the needs of all the teams involved. What do you guys think.
    edit
    Last edited by Sanyo; 11-30-2012 at 12:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyAce View Post

TB already has Hak-Ju Lee in the minors, so I dont see why they would trade a cost efficient pitcher for a position that will be filled for them in late 2013 or 2014 at the latest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    I wouldn't do JP for Morneau. Cheap, (relatively) young, controllable starting catcher for an expensive platoon bat with huge question marks signed for one season? I'm far from a JP fan, but he's worth more than that.
    Completely agree. I only see JP going if it's for an SP that's gonna push Happ out of the rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamjar View Post
    royals are crazy if they trade myers.

i'd hang on to him if i were them. flip one of the others.

myers >
    Yep. Case closed.

If AA can get him for anything close to reasonable.... do it.

vCash
    Royals are only trading Myers if they get an established ace in return and would likely have to give up a bit more than Myers. No way they trade him for a deal involving Romero. Same goes for their other young position players, they will be looking for established pitchers in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Done. I have AA on a conference call right now going over the final details.

But yes I'd go for it. Right after we sign another SP.
    Why? JP is more of a sure thing than Morneau and he's under control, also, he might be a better player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
    Why? JP is more of a sure thing than Morneau and he's under control, also, he might be a better player.
    Seriously? JP is a sure thing for what ... a .700+ OPS?

Morneau is more of a sure thing for an .800+ OPS..especially if you take him out of Minnesota.

He is also someone who murders right handed pitching... which is far more valuable then someone who murders left handed pitching, ( because you face far more right handed starters over 162 games then you do lefties,) and is also something this team needs desperately.

(NOTE: JP didn't even "murder" lefties in 2012, he had an OPS of only .770)

I don't even care about the fact that he is Canadian (although that is a nice bonus). He has posted an OPS against right handed pitching over .900 every year since 2006 (minus 2011 when he barely played). Not sure how you can get more of a sure thing then that...Even last year he destroyed right handed pitching.

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast