Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Myers is a slightly higher rated prospect than TDA. Let's not get too carried away.

I would love to know the price for Hosmer. The kid is a stud waiting to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Myers is a slightly higher rated prospect than TDA. Let's not get too carried away.

I know since KC made it known he might be up for grabs he's suddenly a lock for the HOF.

vCash
    Royals "Calling Everyone" To Trade Hochevar & Chen
    By Mike Axisa [November 28 at 6:38pm CST]
    The Royals are "calling everyone" in an attempt to trade both Luke Hochevar and Bruce Chen, reports Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports (on Twitter). The team is accelerating its timetable to acquire rotation help and wants to free up money.

Hochevar, 29, pitched to a 5.73 ERA with 7.0 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9 in 185 1/3 innings this season. The first overall pick in the 2006 draft owns a 5.39 ERA in 771 career innings. Hochevar is arbitration-eligible for the third time this winter and is projected to earn $4.4MM by Matt Swartz. He's a candidate to be non-tendered by Friday's deadline.

Chen, 35, posted a 5.07 ERA with 6.6 K/9 and 2.2 BB/9 in 191 2/3 innings this year. He's revived his career in Kansas City, pitching to a 4.55 ERA in 549 1/3 innings since 2009. Chen will earn $4.5MM next season as part of the two-year, $9MM contract he signed last winter. The soft-tossing southpaw will become a free agent next offseason.

Earlier today team owner David Glass told Bob Dutton of The Kansas City Star that the team needs to maintain a $70MM payroll to break even, but they will "react based on what (their) opportunities are." The Royals have already acquired Ervin Santana and re-signed Jeremy Guthrie this offseason, but they continue to look for ways to upgrade a starting staff that posted to a 5.01 ERA this year.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#v1aeWelseAcS5poI.99

i'd take hochevar as a #5. when he's on, he's pretty good. he hasn't been on that often, but maybe a change of scenery and a different coaching staff could turn him around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamjar View Post
    Royals "Calling Everyone" To Trade Hochevar & Chen
    By Mike Axisa [November 28 at 6:38pm CST]
    The Royals are "calling everyone" in an attempt to trade both Luke Hochevar and Bruce Chen, reports Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports (on Twitter). The team is accelerating its timetable to acquire rotation help and wants to free up money.

Hochevar, 29, pitched to a 5.73 ERA with 7.0 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9 in 185 1/3 innings this season. The first overall pick in the 2006 draft owns a 5.39 ERA in 771 career innings. Hochevar is arbitration-eligible for the third time this winter and is projected to earn $4.4MM by Matt Swartz. He's a candidate to be non-tendered by Friday's deadline.

Chen, 35, posted a 5.07 ERA with 6.6 K/9 and 2.2 BB/9 in 191 2/3 innings this year. He's revived his career in Kansas City, pitching to a 4.55 ERA in 549 1/3 innings since 2009. Chen will earn $4.5MM next season as part of the two-year, $9MM contract he signed last winter. The soft-tossing southpaw will become a free agent next offseason.

Earlier today team owner David Glass told Bob Dutton of The Kansas City Star that the team needs to maintain a $70MM payroll to break even, but they will "react based on what (their) opportunities are." The Royals have already acquired Ervin Santana and re-signed Jeremy Guthrie this offseason, but they continue to look for ways to upgrade a starting staff that posted to a 5.01 ERA this year.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#v1aeWelseAcS5poI.99

i'd take hochevar as a #5. when he's on, he's pretty good. he hasn't been on that often, but maybe a change of scenery and a different coaching staff could turn him around.
    i'll take him if he literally costs nothing simply because he is a gurantee to throw 200 innings.. he and Happ can go at it and maybe even piggback them Lansing style

now i'm reading he's a non-tender candidate so i guess he'll cost nothing but money..

I find that 4.5 mill price tag rather steep for a 5.00 ERA pitcher.. im sure a team like the Pirates or Padres will give him a try

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    No one said farm (at least not me) but if for some reason it only took Burehle or Romero I would serious consider doing that.
    If I'm the royals and i'm really desperate for pitching, i'd be all over Myers for Romero if they believe he can regain form

they already have a good core of young hitters in Gordon, Butler, Hosmer, Moustakas, Perez, Escobar, and Colon coming up .. that is potentially 7 of your 8 right there..

I'm kind of hoping the Lester for Myers rumors aren't true
    Last edited by bomber0104; 11-28-2012 at 08:04 PM.

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    royals are crazy if they trade myers.

i'd hang on to him if i were them. flip one of the others.

myers >

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I know since KC made it known he might be up for grabs he's suddenly a lock for the HOF.
    I'm going to hazard a guess that when the Royals say they want a front line starting pitcher, that Mark Buehrle probably isn't the first name that comes to mind.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Buehrle probably isn't the first guy you'd think of, that's for sure.

But if the Jays ate enough salary, he might be a good pickup for a team like the Royals.

He is from Missouri, has had a great deal of success in the department (with the White Sox) and is the type of pitcher the Royals have lacked for a few years. That is to say he's accomplished, and not on his way out. He might even be receptive to resigning in his home state, if the Royals bats take off the way they could.

I would think that 3 years of control of a guy like Buehrle (at a reasonable price..3 years/$36M) and a prospect like Gose just might be enough to pull Myers out of KC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    I'm going to hazard a guess that when the Royals say they want a front line starting pitcher, that Mark Buehrle probably isn't the first name that comes to mind.
    Not sure why you posted my quote but yeah your probably right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post

Hosmer is a Boras client. No chance he comes here haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    Buehrle probably isn't the first guy you'd think of, that's for sure.

But if the Jays ate enough salary, he might be a good pickup for a team like the Royals.

He is from Missouri, has had a great deal of success in the department (with the White Sox) and is the type of pitcher the Royals have lacked for a few years. That is to say he's accomplished, and not on his way out. He might even be receptive to resigning in his home state, if the Royals bats take off the way they could.

I would think that 3 years of control of a guy like Buehrle (at a reasonable price..3 years/$36M) and a prospect like Gose just might be enough to pull Myers out of KC.
    We're done with these kind of trades. Now it is time to contend, not trade away top players for more prospects.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    We're done with these kind of trades. Now it is time to contend, not trade away top players for more prospects.
    If you are following Myers. You'll see he's ready for MLB. He'll be starting come Apr.

Anyone who's not excited about getting Myers needs to look at his stats...he's did nothing but hit for power, avg. and can take a walk. Specs like him don't normally bust.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    If you are following Myers. You'll see he's ready for MLB. He'll be starting come Apr.

Anyone who's not excited about getting Myers needs to look at his stats...he's did nothing but hit for power, avg. and can take a walk. Specs like him don't normally bust.
    Yeah right! Heard all that about Lawrie 2 years ago. Or 3 years ago with Drabek. Now's the time to go for it all... not deal our top players for more prospects. They take time to mature

vCash
    I went and checked out the Royals board to see what their thoughts were on this Myers speculation. All I got was tumbleweeds, their entire 2012 game thread only had 31 posts! We had a longer discussion about **** yesterday then they did about all 162 of their games last season haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Yeah right! Heard all that about Lawrie 2 years ago. Or 3 years ago with Drabek. Now's the time to go for it all... not deal our top players for more prospects. They take time to mature
    Are u implying that lawrie is a bust? He didnt have a fantastic year but its not like he dropped off the face of the earth like romero.... He had a respectable sophomore season where most rookies tend to do much worse than their rookie season. I only see improvement from lawrie from here on and think its possible he can evolve ibto a similar player like davidwright.

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast