Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    worry about that in the playoffs. right now, you just want to beat up everyone in your division, so lets worry about the 4 other teams in our division first. you never know.
    true. i still feel they are naked at dh though, maybe thats why

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    True but you wouldnt have the same long list for Detroit or Dodgers at almost every single position -- whether it be keeping the same or not worrying about injuries. Those are the two teams I worry about the most, along with Washington.
    we aren't competing with either of these teams till the playoffs.. I mentioned the Angels because they might possibly contend for the wild card .. hopefully we can lock up the division and not worry about all of that

vCash
    Detroit is a concern since we may be fighting for a WC spot against them, but the Nats and Dodgers don't worry me much at this point. We would only meet em in the WS, and if we go from a 73 win season to playing in the WS, I'll consider the season a smashing success.

Edit: Bomber beat me to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Korac View Post
    Detroit is a concern since we may be fighting for a WC spot against them, but the Nats and Dodgers don't worry me much at this point. We would only meet em in the WS, and if we go from a 73 win season to playing in the WS, I'll consider the season a smashing success.

Edit: Bomber beat me to it.
    Who do you think is going to win the American League Central if not the Detroit Tigers? That division is horribly weak after the Tigers.

vCash
    Agree, don't think we need to worry about the Tigers in the WC race. It would be a scary day in Detroit, if they don't win the division.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Who do you think is going to win the American League Central if not the Detroit Tigers? That division is horribly weak after the Tigers.
    You are probably right, but you never know. The White Sox hung with them for a surprsingly long time last season, and with injuries or under performing, you just never know for sure. Hell, they were only an 88 win team last year, tho with V-Mart coming back, I think they will improve on that.

I think the Tigers win the division handily as well, but my point was that there is the possibility of competing directly with them for a playoff spot as opposed to the other teams mentioned.

vCash
    You are probably right, but you never know. The White Sox hung with them for a surprsingly long time last season, and with injuries or under performing, you just never know for sure. Hell, they were only an 88 win team last year, tho with V-Mart coming back, I think they will improve on that.

I think the Tigers win the division handily as well, but my point was that there is the possibility of competing directly with them for a playoff spot as opposed to the other teams mentioned.
    The White Sox last year were the Orioles of the Central. They were supposed to be beginning a rebuild.

The Kansas City Royals are a mess as well.

The Twins are in the midst of a rebuild as well.

It's the Tigers division to lose.

vCash
    Division Winners and Wildcard Winner (2013): AL East: Blue Jays, AL Central: Tigers, AL West: Angels, W: Oakland. NL East: Nationals, NL Central: Cardinals, NL West: Giants, W: Braves. Braves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    The White Sox last year were the Orioles of the Central. They were supposed to be beginning a rebuild.

The Kansas City Royals are a mess as well.

The Twins are in the midst of a rebuild as well.

It's the Tigers division to lose.
    I know, that is why I said I thought they would win handily.

That being said, you just never know. Maybe the Sox build on what they did last year. Maybe the Royals, with their improved pitching staff, start to figure it out. Maybe the Twins...well, maybe not the Twins.

Adding V-Mart in to that Tigers line-up should be fun to watch tho.

vCash
    Did Marcum really only get 4 million from the Mets?Everyone thought he was going to get 10 mil and multiple years.

vCash
    Everyone also thought he was (reasonably) healthy. Doesn't seem to be the case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Everyone also thought he was (reasonably) healthy. Doesn't seem to be the case.
    did something happen to him in the off season?I recall quite a few people saying the jays should sign him in the off season before we made all those deals.I also dont recall people suggesting he would be making peanuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Division Winners and Wildcard Winner (2013): AL East: Blue Jays, AL Central: Tigers, AL West: Angels, W: Oakland. NL East: Nationals, NL Central: Cardinals, NL West: Giants, W: Braves. Braves
    I think Texas will take the WC even without Hamilton, they have a much more complete team than Oakland...

vCash
    I know, that is why I said I thought they would win handily.

That being said, you just never know. Maybe the Sox build on what they did last year. Maybe the Royals, with their improved pitching staff, start to figure it out. Maybe the Twins...well, maybe not the Twins.

Adding V-Mart in to that Tigers line-up should be fun to watch tho.
    It's probably just nitpicking to point this out, but aside from James Shields, the rest of the rotation isn't really improved. Just a revolving door of overpaid bad players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    I think Texas will take the WC even without Hamilton, they have a much more complete team than Oakland...
    I'd also put the Yankees and Rays ahead of Oakland for 2013, in addition to the Rangers.

That's just under the assumption, that everyone seems to be acting under, which is that the Angels will win the West (I don't agree).

Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast