Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    Although this trade would probably never happen it seems fair to me ... KC may want another B prospect from NYMets and/or the Jays

NYMets get D'Arnaud give up Z.Wheeler
    KC gets Wheeler give up W.Myer
    Tor gets Myer gives up D'Arnaud

Mets get the quality catcher they need KC gets the starting pitcher they are looking for and Myer is a great prospect that could play some DH and outfield especially if Rasmus was traded
    Love the idea. Mets fans will go ******* saying that Wheeler has the highest upside of the three. Royals fans may actually go for this considering their needs and Jays fans, well I guess we just read the comments to find out how everyone on here feels.

Personally I like this deal for the Jays, I would do it in a second. The injury history of Travis is something to be concerned about. If he needs to be a 1B at some point then he loses too much value. IF we could swing this deal we would have a sweet bat for years who could play OF or 1B.

Great trade idea!

vCash
    What about:

Buehrle + Sierra and CASH ($12M?) to KC for Myers .... (Buehrle would then be $36M/3 years)
    Arencibia + Stilson to NYM for Niese (5 years/25.27M)
    Sign Marcum for 3 years and $25M

The fact that Buehrle is owed $48 million by us over the next 3 seasons is somewhat daunting.. He's a great pitcher and everything, but I'd be happy to try to sell the pitching starved Royals on him. With talks of Myers for Lester or Shields, it is obvious that they are shooting high and have a valuable chip in Myers. I wonder if we could somehow sweeten the pot for them enough to let Myers go for Buehrle + some of uncle Teddy's cash.

The way it breaks down, I'd be far happier with a combination of 8 years of control of Niese and Marcum for $62 million dollars, than 3 years of Buehrle for $48 million. Then if you consider it'd be like trading Arencibia, Stilson and Sierra for Myers.. well I think it would be like winning the lottery.

We'd likely have to shell out more than Arencibia and Stilson for Niese, and I doubt that KC would really consider moving Myers for Buehrle.. but I'd certainly look into the possibility if I were AA.

Johnson
    Morrow
    Romero
    Marcum
    Niese
    ..Happ

That rotation would be just fine by me! And adding a bat like Myers' to the lineup could be HUGE over the next 6 years. (and we'd still have guys like Gose, D'Arnaud, Sanchez, Syndergaard and Osuna)

Please, make this happen somehow!

vCash
    ^ You would have to add a top prospect for the Myers deal imo. I like the Niese deal though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    What about:

Buehrle + Sierra and CASH ($12M?) to KC for Myers .... (Buehrle would then be $36M/3 years)
    Arencibia + Stilson to NYM for Niese (5 years/25.27M)
    Sign Marcum for 3 years and $25M

The fact that Buehrle is owed $48 million by us over the next 3 seasons is somewhat daunting.. He's a great pitcher and everything, but I'd be happy to try to sell the pitching starved Royals on him. With talks of Myers for Lester or Shields, it is obvious that they are shooting high and have a valuable chip in Myers. I wonder if we could somehow sweeten the pot for them enough to let Myers go for Buehrle + some of uncle Teddy's cash.

The way it breaks down, I'd be far happier with a combination of 8 years of control of Niese and Marcum for $62 million dollars, than 3 years of Buehrle for $48 million. Then if you consider it'd be like trading Arencibia, Stilson and Sierra for Myers.. well I think it would be like winning the lottery.

We'd likely have to shell out more than Arencibia and Stilson for Niese, and I doubt that KC would really consider moving Myers for Buehrle.. but I'd certainly look into the possibility if I were AA.

Johnson
    Morrow
    Romero
    Marcum
    Niese
    ..Happ

That rotation would be just fine by me! And adding a bat like Myers' to the lineup could be HUGE over the next 6 years. (and we'd still have guys like Gose, D'Arnaud, Sanchez, Syndergaard and Osuna)

Please, make this happen somehow!
    I would really like to know how much KC like Buehrle.. at 3/36.. that is a pretty good deal and he's shown he can be a 2-3 starter in the central

like you, I prefer to have a couple of pitchers at Buehrle's price simply because i dont think he'll be that good in this division

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    That's what I'm talking about!! and getting Myers out of KC would be a tremendous move. Kid has Stanton pop.

vCash
    You think we're going to get Myers for Buehrle?

Yikes....

I know Moore is a complete idiot but I think this is even past him.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    We would all like to have Myers, but I don't see why he would be a primary target for AA at this point. We have Melky/Rasmus/Bautista locked in as the starting OF, with Davis as the 4th and Gose waiting in the wings.

vCash
    If the Royals traded Myers for Buerhle they should just contract that organization...

vCash
    The only thing this team needs to be complete is a legitimate first baseman or DH...who can hit like one. We would then be scary good...our pitching is great now, don't forget we will probably see Drabek and Hutch back sometime early next season, so when your options at starter are:
    Johnson
    Buehrle
    Morrow
    Romero
    Happ
    Drabek
    Hutch

I'm pretty excited, most teams would like to have those options...heck most teams would take any combination of those five. Obviously there's no guarantees with injuries etc. but there's a reason why games are played versus being decided by statistical speculation.

That said, although I don't like Lind...isn't this a contract year? Wasn't his Silver Slugger award in a contract year?

See where I'm going with that...if he has another contract year season, don't sign him again unless its a one year deal.

vCash
    Oh, and IMHO Rasmus is the next guy out the door...he's weird, and seems a little uncoachable. Don't get me wrong he's probably the best defensive every day centre fielder we've had in I don't know how long...but I think Gose will be ready, and if I were his hitting coach i'd say "hit it on the ground and run like snot!"

vCash
    AGREED! Do people really think trades like this are possible? It looks like fantasy to me...

Hmmm...here's a trade idea let's pick an up and coming star off a mediocre team and see how little we can give...

If you want Myers, you would have to give up Buehrle, TDA and probably another guy like Rasmus...and well that would be just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Gruber View Post
    If the Royals traded Myers for Buerhle they should just contract that organization...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
    We would all like to have Myers, but I don't see why he would be a primary target for AA at this point. We have Melky/Rasmus/Bautista locked in as the starting OF, with Davis as the 4th and Gose waiting in the wings.
    Myers is better than Davis, Gose and Rasmus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Drivers View Post
    The only thing this team needs to be complete is a legitimate first baseman or DH...who can hit like one. We would then be scary good...our pitching is great now, don't forget we will probably see Drabek and Hutch back sometime early next season, so when your options at starter are:
    Johnson
    Buehrle
    Morrow
    Romero
    Happ
    Drabek
    Hutch

I'm pretty excited, most teams would like to have those options...heck most teams would take any combination of those five. Obviously there's no guarantees with injuries etc. but there's a reason why games are played versus being decided by statistical speculation.

That said, although I don't like Lind...isn't this a contract year? Wasn't his Silver Slugger award in a contract year?

See where I'm going with that...if he has another contract year season, don't sign him again unless its a one year deal.
    Drabek expect sometime in june/july, hutch sometime in august. Regardless hard to rely on them this year right after TJ surgery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Myers is better than Davis, Gose and Rasmus
    Doesn't mean we need to sell the farm to get a top notch prospect, at a position where our production and depth should be more than fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
    Doesn't mean we need to sell the farm to get a top notch prospect, at a position where our production and depth should be more than fine.
    No one said farm (at least not me) but if for some reason it only took Burehle or Romero I would serious consider doing that.

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast