Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Not that it's happening however trade value wise would TDA, Sanchez and Syndergaard be enough for Stanton of the Marlins. I'm not proposing trade just trying to understand what people think it would take to trade for Stanton. Not sure if ever a player this good and young has ever been traded???????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Not that it's happening however trade value wise would TDA, Sanchez and Syndergaard be enough for Stanton of the Marlins. I'm not proposing trade just trying to understand what people think it would take to trade for Stanton. Not sure if ever a player this good and young has ever been traded???????
    It really depends on what the Marlins would be looking for in return. To be honest though unless Stanton forces his way out he doesn't get traded until he starts making piles of money in arbitration.

Even the Marlins FO isn't stupid enough that the last 8 fans would cancel their season tickets if they traded Stanton. Nolasco and him are the only useful major leaguers they have left from last year. Nolasco they could get away with trading as long as they get something in return.

Sidenote: I do not include LoMo in that discussion until he proves otherwise.

Edit: realized I never really answered your question. I would guess that would be the type of package necessary to get Stanton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by albertajaysfan View Post
    It really depends on what the Marlins would be looking for in return. To be honest though unless Stanton forces his way out he doesn't get traded until he starts making piles of money in arbitration.

Even the Marlins FO isn't stupid enough that the last 8 fans would cancel their season tickets if they traded Stanton. Nolasco and him are the only useful major leaguers they have left from last year. Nolasco they could get away with trading as long as they get something in return.

Sidenote: I do not include LoMo in that discussion until he proves otherwise.

Edit: realized I never really answered your question. I would guess that would be the type of package necessary to get Stanton.
    Your giving Loria way too much credit here...

vCash
    ^ Agreed.

vCash
    Although this trade would probably never happen it seems fair to me ... KC may want another B prospect from NYMets and/or the Jays

NYMets get D'Arnaud give up Z.Wheeler
    KC gets Wheeler give up W.Myer
    Tor gets Myer gives up D'Arnaud

Mets get the quality catcher they need KC gets the starting pitcher they are looking for and Myer is a great prospect that could play some DH and outfield especially if Rasmus was traded

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    Although this trade would probably never happen it seems fair to me ... KC may want another B prospect from NYMets and/or the Jays

Mets get the quality catcher they need KC gets the starting pitcher they are looking for and Myer is a great prospect that could play some DH and outfield especially if Rasmus was traded
    It seems pretty fair but us and the Mets might have to add a little considering Myers is probably the best guy in the deal.

vCash
    Myer is being discussed in a deal for Lester

vCash
    Myer is good.

Myers is better.

vCash
    too bad they wouldn't take buehrle for him
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post

Why deal best catching prospect for best outfield prospect? Catcher has more intrinsic value to club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Doubtful....Stanton not the type of player Marlins be ready to move.

I'd like to do a Santos/Molina type trades again, where we deal one of our top prospects, just this time for another starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Why deal best catching prospect for best outfield prospect? Catcher has more intrinsic value to club
    You generally wouldn't but at the same time, catchers break down and are harder to project. I agree though, outfielders are generally a dime a dozen, very easy to find, very easy to replace. Every farm system in baseball seems to have 2 or 3 pretty good ones.

vCash
    Trading prospects means nothing. You never see a team trading purely prospects -- I cant even remember if a trade has ever been done with just prospects...

vCash

2012 Blue Jays Trade Idea Thread Volume IV

Brett Wallace for Anthony gose

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Brett Wallace for Anthony gose
    Touche.

That and Michael Taylor for Brett Wallace

But its still very rare...

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast