Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 Blue Jays Trade Idea Thread

Time for a new one. You would think with the Jays having such a lazy GM, we would have nothing to talk about...

Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    yeah i dont see many pitchers lining up to play in KC
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    I don't think that's too far off. 3/39 or so sounds reasonable to me. Upgrading at 1B/DH would be my first priority right now, but EJax on that kind of deal would be pretty terrific as well (assuming there is still some payroll flexibility).
    Quote Originally Posted by kanersen View Post
    I'd take Ejax at 3/39 all day if our 5th starter was Jo Jo Reyes, Brett Cecil or the list of scrubs we've been running out there every 5th start for the past decade, but it's not. It's J.A. Happ who will make pennies on the dollar compared to paying Jackson that salary and has shown (albeit in a smaller sample size) that he can pitch in the range of the same effectiveness.
    Quote Originally Posted by kanersen View Post
    basically I think with whatever payroll we have left to use (if we have any) we need to get definite difference makers. I don't think spending 13+ mill per year going from Happ to Ejax is big enough of a difference to warrant spending. Reyes/Cecil to Ejax yes, Happ to Ejax, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    I dont disagree with you, but we still need a long man who can start if an injury pops up. Villanueva has been important for us the past couple of seasons and while I understand that he wants to start now, we need to fill that roll. I don't know if a guy like Brett Myers would sign here as a long man or not as I have heard he wants to be a starter again as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    What about Dustin McGowan?
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    How is his health? I'd love to see him play a significant roll if healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Even if he is healthy, the big problem with McGowan is that, with his troubles, he needs to be on a strict and consistent schedule. As a 6th starter/swingman he wouldn't get that. It would be very limiting to have a long man who had to pitch every 4 days and that's it.

It's too bad Deck McGuire sucks. He would have been perfect for the role. Hutch would also be nice if he were healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    You mad dude?
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    That's an awesome picture of the wolf, did you Draw it?

vCash
    I thought this was a trade Idea thread...

I like the idea of going after a better 1st baseman.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    I thought this was a trade Idea thread...

I like the idea of going after a better 1st baseman.
    I wouldn't mind Matt Adams, since 1B is taken.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    I wouldn't mind Matt Adams, since 1B is taken.
    I'd love to get him as he's going to be a masher...I do think the cards want to keep him.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    I'd take Berkman as the DH for one year, making Encarnacion the everyday 1B. I'm sure that Lind will be the guy, though, and if he isn't they'll go with JPA.

vCash
    anyone have any love for Kyle Blanks as Lind's right handed partner? Could mash in a Johnny Gomes kind of way and is cheap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
    I'd take Berkman as the DH for one year, making Encarnacion the everyday 1B. I'm sure that Lind will be the guy, though, and if he isn't they'll go with JPA.
    Berkman is a free agent. JPA would be possibly the worst 1B/DH in baseball history.

vCash
    Berkman has also gone on record saying he wants to be paid like a middle of the order bat. I doubt that will happen, certainly not from us.

vCash
    Rather have younger guy at 1st . Someone who can stick with the team and grow with our other youngens like Lawrie and TDA to keep us contending for a while even after EE and Joeys contracts are done. We'd have guys entering their prime and then re-load. JMHO
    Last edited by wagnall; 11-25-2012 at 11:52 AM.

vCash
    people make it seems like going into the season with jpa is the worst thing possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    people make it seems like going into the season with jpa is the worst thing possible.
    That's not it... the problem is that D'Arnaud is basically ready to make his big league debut, but JPA is blocking him. It would lower their values if any of them were to play DH or play a back up role.

The real problem is finding a solution to DH! Although, I wouldn't find starting the season with Lind in a strict platoon role alongside Davis. If we are in contention come trade deadline, AA will probably look to upgrade.

vCash
    I'd love Berkmans bat to but the last time he played he barely could even run, now after not even playing much last year because of knee problems, I rather keep Lind at 5M than get him for that 10M+ he wants.

But I heard he wants to stay around the Texas area anyways and since they have 2 teams that are in the AL now the it's like a match made in heaven.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    That's not it... the problem is that D'Arnaud is basically ready to make his big league debut, but JPA is blocking him. It would lower their values if any of them were to play DH or play a back up role.

The real problem is finding a solution to DH! Although, I wouldn't find starting the season with Lind in a strict platoon role alongside Davis. If we are in contention come trade deadline, AA will probably look to upgrade.
    Well D'Arnaud hasnt played a full season yet in Triple A. For catchers they need a little more polish in the minors than most, so Im not surprised if the Jays keep D'Arnaud in the minors for atleast a half season, if not, the whole season and see what they really have with him.

Of course if D'Arnaud is blowing everything out of the water, he'll get up sooner, but he's definitely not starting in the Majors in April. I see him up in June or so, then you got to make a decision...

vCash

I'm one of the few that disagree. I think TDA is not ready yet. Especially coming off of a knee injury that required surgery. He may be ready next year, but I would rather him come up and earn/take the spot from JPA.

But, if a great offer was made for JPA, I would move him. I definitely don't move him just for the sake of making a trade though, it would have to be a serious upgrade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    JPA isn't the worst thing possible but we could do a lot better. He's a below-average catcher which we could improve upon. TDA is probably only 30 games in Buffalo away from being ready and had he not gotten injured late last season he'd be a shoe-in for the starting spot at the start of next season. There's not much point of holding onto JPA,TDA and Buck(who would bring nothing in return right now). Some team, you would think, would buy-in on JPA. A younger,cost-controlled catcher who can hit homeruns. You'd think a team like Texas would be interested given their ball park.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I'd love Berkmans bat to but the last time he played he barely could even run, now after not even playing much last year because of knee problems, I rather keep Lind at 5M than get him for that 10M+ he wants.

But I heard he wants to stay around the Texas area anyways and since they have 2 teams that are in the AL now the it's like a match made in heaven.
    Well I haven't seen any reports on him wanting to stay in the Texas area(haven't looked it up) but I agree, he's toast on defense now. He'd certainly be the DH and maybe, maybe play first base on occasion. I'd overpay to get him. I don't like the idea of overpaying a DH but he'd look awesome between or behind Jose and EE.

Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast