Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by americasteam88 View Post
    ok Fred, I'm not gonna argue with you... your right and I am wrong... I'm not even gonna state my opinion because if I do , you will threaten with me an infraction (or more) and say I'm taking shots at guys, so I'm gonna let it go... good day sir.
    you are entitled to your opinions and if you stick to the opinions, then debate-away...any opinion is valid because it is an opinion...just don't take so much offense when people disagree with you.

Example:
    1. watt would be successful in any scheme,
    2. so you take a chill pill and relax DUDE

both of these came from one of your posts..which one is a valid opinion and which one is irrelevant to the discussion?

2. 11-25-2012, 04:29 PM
    Reason
    admitting you were causing problems/irritating comments

3. 11-25-2012, 04:31 PM
    Reason
    Irritating comments

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by americasteam88 View Post
    watt is playing in the same exact scheme we are running right now... a 3-4,, what the heck you talking about? watt is a force, he's the best at his position right now... for you say that watt may not have been successful on our defense is laughable...our defensive line is pathetic like most of our team.
    watt's in a different division playing with different teams, players, and coaches. none of what you claim can be said with any certainty.

Example: Take the American League in Baseball, especially the AL East. You can't take a pitcher from the White Sox or the Cubs for that matter and expect him to have the same level of success in the AL east.

The same theory applies to the NFL
    Last edited by thedon01; 11-27-2012 at 04:15 PM.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    every team that wade phillips has been DC of has had a player with insane sack numbers.

i think watt is a great, great player.

but i love smith, and IMO, LT is a more premium position then 3-4 de.

Smith, although struggling, is 20 freakin 1 years old. He is a baby. and already has a wealth of experience. he will get better, and better, and probally even bigger, and stronger. Despite his struggles this year, i would draft him again if the opportunity arouse. his work ethic, character are top notch.

this year, ive been pleasantly surprised with carter. spencer has well. church did at the beginning of the year. thats probally about it.

i had high expections for dez, so he is just meeting them. not surprised really.

im dissappointed in carr. he isnt really playing bad, but based on preseason, i thought he would be better. also dissappointed in lee, for getting injured. austin is very dissappointing. seems he is always getting hurt.

claiborne is playing about how i thought. next year, i expect him to be at allpro level though...

free... im way past dissappointed with him. down right disgusted. the whole line im disgusted with. except smith, has mentioned before.

vCash
    Good point on Smith, please let me elaborate under the assumption that Smith does develop into his potential.

1. The average age of the first 10 OT's drafted between rounds 1-4 of the 2012 draft is 23 years old (Kalil, Reif, Schwartz, Glenn, Martin, Adams, Stephenson, Holmes, Massie, and Mosley).

2. Smith entered the league at 20.

3. Smith signed a rookie contract for 4 years (currently in his second year). His contract will end in 2014.

4. There's no definitive answer as to how long it takes a tackle to develop into a reliable franchise tackle for an organization, but lets take a guess at 3-4 full seasons.

So even if you give Smith 4 seasons to develop he'll only be 24 while the tackles from 2012 will be 27. We could ink Smith on a 7 year contract extension in 2014 and have the entire contract during the prime of his career. Any other tackle inking a 7 year contract at 27 years old will net their team approx. 50% of the contract during the player's prime. Smith's potential, age, and ability will be a huge asset for the Cowboys over the next 10 years. That can not be said for any other team.

All he has to do is stay healthy and continue to improve, which is the key for any player.
    Last edited by thedon01; 11-26-2012 at 06:40 PM.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Dez Bryant and Bruce Carter has made the biggest jump
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    I think Dez has made huge strides and is getting better...Free is a loaf of bread..
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    honestly, they should tell free to just lay down every play. it would buy romo more time... the defense would then have to either jump over him, or run around him. to get to romo... now, they actually get to him quicker, cause they just push him into romo or run right threw him...

thats how bad free is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12