Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    35,184
    vCash
    1500

    1 Player who made solid progress this season, 1 who hasn't matched expectations.

    Pretty simple pick 1 player whose development you've been happy with. And someone who you haven't had your expectations met with.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Tx
    Posts
    2,510
    vCash
    1500
    Bruce Bruce has exceeded my expectations for him this year. He was playing lights out after lee went down, and I'm so excited to see him and lee play together next year. I also had high hopes for Murray to become a solid back after he exploded onto the scene last year. I know a foot injury is pretty debilitating to a runngback, but after seeing Adrian Peterson kick so much *** after a career threatening injury I have to question Murray's body and toughness.

    titties

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Manhattan College
    Posts
    6,616
    vCash
    1500
    There's so many who haven't matched lol. Ogeltree disappearing after week 1, Bernardeau and Free making it impossible to run to the right side and for Romo to have a solid pocket to throw from, this secondary unable to force turnovers like the past 5 years, I could go on and on.

    I will take Carter and Spencer as making progress tied for 1st with Dez (if he continues to step up) as a close 2nd. If I have to pick one it would be Spencer since Carter is now hurt.

    For my disappointment I will take Free. He wasn't awful as a LT last year and I thought he could go back to RT and be good. I dont know if its because he plays next to Bernie and he is also bad, or maybe because he has his deal from Jerry, but I had no idea this O Line could be this bad. Its to the point where everytime Romo drops back I watch the O Line to see how much more time Romo has and its to the point where everytime we run the ball, I am shocked we get 3 yards. Its bad and disappointing. I thought we were going to have a good year but its been a **** show other than week 1. Our wins other than week 1 are squeaking by TB, a bad CAR team, edging the Eagles on some non offensive plays and we trailed a rookie QB Foles seeing his first action, and finally beating CLE in OT.

    So to sum it up I would say I am happy with- Livings has been ok, Dwayne has stepped into a role nicely, good to see Beasley out there, really upset Church got hurt because I thought he was going to be very good, Bruce and Spence, and Dez finally introducing us to Planet Dez.

    I am pissed with Carr (I just think he is capable of doing more), Scandrick not making the most of his chances (couple of dropped picks and big missed tackles), Lee not staying healthy for a full year, Demarco the same, Vickers who I thought could be a better Fiametta, Bernadeau, and if Miles' injury is significant he can be put on this list as well. Oh and I think McCray should go on here too, he has looked lost out there lately.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    104
    vCash
    1500
    dez bryant is exactly who I thought and tyron smith is good but he's not dominant, he might be one day,but he's been burned so many times this year and has had way too many penalties called him.... I always said we should've drafted watt over him, I knew JJ watt was a can't miss player I kept saying saying saying that, now look at whats happened

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    987
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by americasteam88 View Post
    dez bryant is exactly who I thought and tyron smith is good but he's not dominant, he might be one day,but he's been burned so many times this year and has had way too many penalties called him.... I always said we should've drafted watt over him, I knew JJ watt was a can't miss player I kept saying saying saying that, now look at whats happened
    You can't say we should of drafted watt over smith, you may have wanted watt over smith. Tyron had to move to a new spot so free could get comfortable, tyron is playing a new spot and is only 21years old and the future of our line. Not to mention smith has gotten mostly false start penalties because we have had 3 different centers. You take tyron off this line romo would of not made is pass week 6.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,494
    vCash
    1500
    ^not to mention that with our defensive scheme, Watt may not have been successful

    and, the award for longest title to a thread goes to (opens envelope and shows feigned surprise) EBBS!!!!!

    To answer Ebbs, I am glad that you said player, as my biggest disappointment otherwise would be either Jason Garrett or Mr Callahan (some offensive mind there)...but, I just couldn't go with one...

    HAPPY
    1.) Carter, wow, he can be impressive; we all wondered if he would pick up the torch that Lee ignited and he has done so; I am VERY excited to see both of them in the starting line-up next season; Carter gets an "A+"
    2.) Claiborne, many have said that they aren't impressed, but that's not what I see. I see a rookie that is playing like a vet; sure, he gets beat once in a while, but that is growing pains IMO. I see him being a perennial all-pro in future years; as far as development, he gets an "A" from me.
    3.) Dez, he has had the dropsies earlier this year, run the wrong routes causing interceptions and has taken a play or two off; but, the guy is showing how good he can be in the last several weeks; as far as dezvelopment goes (see what I did there? ), he gets a "B+" from me

    DISAPPOINTED
    1.) Free, he is NOT what this teams needs from a big money signee at Right tackle. I feel his correct position is one of the guard spots and I hope to see him moved there for 2013 (assuming we get a legit tackle); for being a vet, he has a lot of mistakes and now I call him free-pass for giving way to pass rushers on their way to Romo
    2.) Ogletree, a lot of people thought that we had our 3rd WR after opening night (I was leaning that way as well); but, having this flop on the team has stunted the growth of guys like Harris and Beasley; those guys ar starting to get chances now, but just imagine if they had gotten more opportunities in the beginning of the year? Ogletgree is what he is, a 4th or 5th WR, not a 3rd; time to move on from him; cut him and give the kiddies their shot
    3.) Injuries, my God, we have had the injury bug; but, I am not talking about the injuries themselves, per se; I am referring to being disapointed that this coaching staff could get a free-pass since they could say "but I didn't have the players I thought I would have"; "How can I call a running play with no running backs and no offensive line?"; I don't care about that; this coaching staff should be afraid for their jobs - afraid; they should be as afraid as any buffett when they see Rob Ryan saddling up next to it; will the coaches have fear? no, likely not since our "GM" won't admit he is wrong with his coaching decisions; thus, my disappointment will be at an all time high if Garrett is still here coaching next season
    Last edited by Fred; 11-25-2012 at 11:00 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Friendswood, TX
    Posts
    2,803
    vCash
    1500
    Happy: Hatcher
    Disappointed: Vickers

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,123
    vCash
    1500
    ^agree with you Fred.

    except one thing: i am not really disappointed in ogletree since i had no expectations at all. instead i am VERY disappointed in brandon carr. boy, does that guy SUCK!!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,494
    vCash
    1500
    I can't say the same about Carr...I had high expectations like many in here...and, when he plays press coverage, he does well...but, the defensive coaches call what type of coverage they want...I would think that they would play to his strengths, but what do I know? I am not on the sidelines with them

    ...I am OK with Carr, kinda on the fence for happy vs disappointed...bottom line is that I am happy he is a cowboy

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    104
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    ^not to mention that with our defensive scheme, Watt may not have been successful

    and, the award for longest title to a thread goes to (opens envelope and shows feigned surprise) EBBS!!!!!

    To answer Ebbs, I am glad that you said player, as my biggest disappointment otherwise would be either Jason Garrett or Mr Callahan (some offensive mind there)...but, I just couldn't go with one...

    HAPPY
    1.) Carter, wow, he can be impressive; we all wondered if he would pick up the torch that Lee ignited and he has done so; I am VERY excited to see both of them in the starting line-up next season; Carter gets an "A+"
    2.) Claiborne, many have said that they aren't impressed, but that's not what I see. I see a rookie that is playing like a vet; sure, he gets beat once in a while, but that is growing pains IMO. I see him being a perennial all-pro in future years; as far as development, he gets an "A" from me.
    3.) Dez, he has had the dropsies earlier this year, run the wrong routes causing interceptions and has taken a play or two off; but, the guy is showing how good he can be in the last several weeks; as far as dezvelopment goes (see what I did there? ), he gets a "B+" from me

    DISAPPOINTED
    1.) Free, he is NOT what this teams needs from a big money signee at Right tackle. I feel his correct position is one of the guard spots and I hope to see him moved there for 2013 (assuming we get a legit tackle); for being a vet, he has a lot of mistakes and now I call him free-pass for giving way to pass rushers on their way to Romo
    2.) Ogletree, a lot of people thought that we had our 3rd WR after opening night (I was leaning that way as well); but, having this flop on the team has stunted the growth of guys like Harris and Beasley; those guys ar starting to get chances now, but just imagine if they had gotten more opportunities in the beginning of the year? Ogletgree is what he is, a 4th or 5th WR, not a 3rd; time to move on from him; cut him and give the kiddies their shot
    3.) Injuries, my God, we have had the injury bug; but, I am not talking about the injuries themselves, per se; I am referring to being disapointed that this coaching staff could get a free-pass since they could say "but I didn't have the players I thought I would have"; "How can I call a running play with no running backs and no offensive line?"; I don't care about that; this coaching staff should be afraid for their jobs - afraid; they should be as afraid as any buffett when they see Rob Ryan saddling up next to it; will the coaches have fear? no, likely not since our "GM" won't admit he is wrong with his coaching decisions; thus, my disappointment will be at an all time high if Garrett is still here coaching next season
    watt is playing in the same exact scheme we are running right now... a 3-4,, what the heck you talking about? watt is a force, he's the best at his position right now... for you say that watt may not have been successful on our defense is laughable...our defensive line is pathetic like most of our team.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    104
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bullishsince87 View Post
    You can't say we should of drafted watt over smith, you may have wanted watt over smith. Tyron had to move to a new spot so free could get comfortable, tyron is playing a new spot and is only 21years old and the future of our line. Not to mention smith has gotten mostly false start penalties because we have had 3 different centers. You take tyron off this line romo would of not made is pass week 6.
    smith isn't no difference maker... he's part of an offensive that is the most pathetic unit in the league... enough said... ya, I'm saying the dallas cowboys should have drafted jj watt, and it's not even a question in my book.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    987
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by americasteam88 View Post
    smith isn't no difference maker... he's part of an offensive that is the most pathetic unit in the league... enough said... ya, I'm saying the dallas cowboys should have drafted jj watt, and it's not even a question in my book.


    Smith was a difference maker his rookie year when he played his natural position, you forgot he is dealing with family problems where his own mom is trying to extort money from him, and he also has a new position coach which requires him to use different technique, he is just having a sophmore slump and so is cam newton but do you hear the panthers saying they should of drafted someone else no, **********************. He plays a important position protecting the qb blindside so he is going up against teams best pass rushers..

    And fred said different scheme not the same defense rob ryan and wade phillips runs two different type of schemes. The steelers run a 3-4 do you think they run the same scheme as us no? So what the heck are you talking about.
    Last edited by Fred; 11-25-2012 at 06:45 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,494
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by americasteam88 View Post
    watt is playing in the same exact scheme we are running right now... a 3-4,, what the heck you talking about? watt is a force, he's the best at his position right now... for you say that watt may not have been successful on our defense is laughable...our defensive line is pathetic like most of our team.
    you have zero clue as to whether Watt's game would translate to the Cowboys defense - THAT's what is laughable to me...his success on a terrific team doesn't necessarily say that he would match that with our defensive schemes...and, we needed OL WAY more than DL in that draft and that is still the case. Smith was the best at his position coming out of the draft and they made the right choice in taking him

    ...looking in the past is a great way to voice your opinions...you probably predicted all kinds of fun things from in the past...

    Watt is very good, we needed OL and took the best tackle available, end of story

  14. 11-25-2012, 02:56 PM
    Reason
    personal comment towards another user

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    104
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    you have zero clue as to whether Watt's game would translate to the Cowboys defense - THAT's what is laughable to me...his success on a terrific team doesn't necessarily say that he would match that with our defensive schemes...and, we needed OL WAY more than DL in that draft and that is still the case. Smith was the best at his position coming out of the draft and they made the right choice in taking him

    ...looking in the past is a great way to voice your opinions...you probably predicted all kinds of fun things from in the past...

    Watt is very good, we needed OL and took the best tackle available, end of story
    We most certainly needed defensive line help too badly at that particular time... and it's still showing this day, we can't stop the run, we can't rush the passer

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,494
    vCash
    1500
    seriously? were you the only person that thought DL should come before OL in that draft, including every legit expert? and, Watt wasn't exactly the #1 overall pick coming out, so no one thought he would get the sack count that he is getting with Houston...but, again, if he were on the cowboys, the scheme here would likely limit his # of sacks anyway...

    ...and, let's pretend that OL and DL were of equal importance...Dallas had/has one of the best pass rushers in the league in the last several years, can't argue with that...we could not, and cannot say that about our offensive line...as a result, even if they were equal, the OL was more important to the Cowboys then and still remains more important...we already had a league leader in sacks, we did not have a top offensive lineman

    unless nostradamus made a prediction for it, no one could have said that Watt was going to be amongst the league leaders in sacks...one COULD predict, as many have doen then and since, that Tyron Smith is going to be very good and potentially a pro-bowler for many years to come...Smith was more of a sure thing, Dallas had a bigger need at OL, they took the correct player

  17. 11-25-2012, 03:45 PM
    Reason
    irritating comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •