Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Quick draft question

If we were able to resign Spencer and keep the core defense and offense together, should we spend our 1st and 2nd round picks on O-linemen? To me the only major weakness besides Garretts play calling is the o-line. I would offer a top money to Jake Long if Miami doesn't resign or tag him and move Smith back to RT. Then with my first picks I would look at Johnathan Cooper, Chance Warmack, and Barrett Jones, would prefer Cooper out of all though. I think if we address the line with the 1-3 round picks and can pick up a lineman in free agency we would be super bowl contenders
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    If we re sign spencer I don't know if we'll have enough money for a jake long or Ryan clady or any other top linemen. I also don't think it'd be wise to move Tyron smith AGAIN. I say at least the first rounder goes for an offensive linemen, because we need depth on the dline too. Maybe we can draft a good tackle to replace free, have free restructure his deal and see how he does at guard. At 6'6 325 he has great size for the inside, and being on the inside would make him less susceptible to getting beat by speed rushers. Then again, he might get overpowered on the inside. All I know is we better do something about this line, while resigning spencer.

titties

vCash
    I agree with you blacknell... our oline is decent at pass blocking but these can't run block for the life of them, I've never seen a worse Oline at run blocking than what we are looking at...we just have to hope and pray we get better,because I want to see them go on a run here...it'd be a big win to beat the skins on thanksgiving, and then the eagles to slap them around...that'd be 4 in a row, it'd be a huge, but we are used to the cowboys letting us down every year at the end, hopefully it changes this year...I LOVE THE COWBOYS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by americasteam88 View Post
    I agree with you blacknell... our oline is decent at pass blocking but these can't run block for the life of them, I've never seen a worse Oline at run blocking than what we are looking at...we just have to hope and pray we get better,because I want to see them go on a run here...it'd be a big win to beat the skins on thanksgiving, and then the eagles to slap them around...that'd be 4 in a row, it'd be a huge, but we are used to the cowboys letting us down every year at the end, hopefully it changes this year...I LOVE THE COWBOYS
    Allowing seven sacks (career high for romo) at least 3 qb hits, 50+ yards of sack yardage, yea that line is pretty decent in pass blocking.

titties

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    If we were able to resign Spencer and keep the core defense and offense together, should we spend our 1st and 2nd round picks on O-linemen? To me the only major weakness besides Garretts play calling is the o-line. I would offer a top money to Jake Long if Miami doesn't resign or tag him and move Smith back to RT. Then with my first picks I would look at Johnathan Cooper, Chance Warmack, and Barrett Jones, would prefer Cooper out of all though. I think if we address the line with the 1-3 round picks and can pick up a lineman in free agency we would be super bowl contenders
    Chance Warmack is by far the best of that bunch IMO.
    I would for sure draft him in the 1st. We would have gotten a steal if we are able to pick him in the 20's.The OG class is top heavy in the 1st but really slides after that to the 4th. We need to pull the trigger early if we expect an impact on our OL.
    I also love the DT class in the 1st, but not as major of need with Josh Brent emerging behind Rat.

In the 2nd I am not sure I would reach for an OC and we need a veteran OT to step in, but there are a few good prospects that could be had in the 2nd.

I have a short list of
    Landry Jones(QB)
    Brandon Jenkins (OLB)
    Montee Ball(RB)
    Tyler Eifert(TE)
    Kyle Long (RT)
    Kenny Vaccaro (FS)
    Desmond Trufant(CB)
    Ezekiel Ansah(DE/OLB)
    Andre Ellington(RB)
    Last edited by bhooks80; 11-20-2012 at 01:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bhooks80 View Post
    Chance Warmack is by far the best of that bunch IMO.
    I would for sure draft him in the 1st. We would have gotten a steal if we are able to pick him in the 20's.The OG class is top heavy in the 1st but really slides after that to the 4th. We need to pull the trigger early if we expect an impact on our OL.
    I also love the DT class in the 1st, but not as major of need with Josh Brent emerging behind Rat.

In the 2nd I am not sure I would reach for an OC and we need a veteran OT to step in, but there are a few good prospects that could be had in the 2nd.

I have a short list of
    Landry Jones(QB)
    Brandon Jenkins (OLB)
    Montee Ball(RB)
    Tyler Eifert(TE)
    Kyle Long (RT)
    Kenny Vaccaro (FS)
    Desmond Trufant(CB)
    Ezekiel Ansah(DE/OLB)
    Andre Ellington(RB)
    we just signed Church to a 3 year deal so i doubt we go safety any earlier than 5. Also jerry and I have seen the boy Matt Johnson play and when he is healthy will take over a starting safety spot. Sensi got a deal last season and won't be going anywhere and McCray is one of the best on special teams. We most likely won't go CB because for some reason JJ loves Scandrick. We need a RB because Murray has proved since college that he is going to miss games and that won't fail. Cooper I like more because he isn't coming from some power house school. I don't like the drafting of power house school players because they seem to be bust in the NFL and regular D1 school players seem to be better in the NFL. Kenjon Barner or Ellington would be the RB i would target because of the speed. I also wouldn't be opposed to drafting knile Davis, but i would prefer the top 2 picks to be O-line help. We all have to realize that Smith is not a LT and has never played LT thats like moving a FS to CB
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    jake long, and clady will not be free agents. at best, they will resign, and at worse, be franchised.

Tyron needs to stay at LT.

Seriously, he is only 21... he isnt even done growing physically. By draft next year, he will be 21- MAYBE 22, and have 2 years experience. Probally younger then any lineman we could draft still...

One of the reasons we took him, is because of his work ethic. i cannot stress that this guy is very young, and only improving. He will get bigger, stronger, faster over the next 2-3 years, and continue to improve.

keep tyron at LT.

I think we diff. need to use free agency, and the draft to take lineman. The best we can get. 1st round pick, take best RT or G, or C available, same thing for 2nd.

our line is vital to our success.

vCash
    I agree with the OP that the line is the priority...I have said in numerous threads that the OL is the biggest part of the 3rd year in the 3-year plan...get the best FA OL available (regardless of position) and then use the first pick on OL..granted, at 32 there may not be any studs, but you never know...

vCash
    Call me crazy but this team needs to keep improving the defense as well. We need a stud defensive lineman. Ratliff is not getting any younger and although guys like Hatcher are nice, they aren't long term solutions. I would recommend going d-line in the first and then grab a guy like Barrett Jones from Alabama in the 2nd round to replace Costa. If we want to add a new OT to replace Free we need to do so in free agency.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I agree with the OP that the line is the priority...I have said in numerous threads that the OL is the biggest part of the 3rd year in the 3-year plan...get the best FA OL available (regardless of position) and then use the first pick on OL..granted, at 32 there may not be any studs, but you never know...
    I think with so many teams need the skills positions when we draft at 32 there should be a good to very good interior linemen.

vCash
    1. Jake Long hitting free agency is a long shot. You usually don't get a top 2 LT hitting the open market at his age. These kinds of players don't come around that often.

2. Now if we're pretending that he does it's a no brainer. Give him what he wants, move Smith to RT, and Free inside to guard, and Berney to Center.

Realistically if this was me,

1. I'd try to trade Romo in the off season for maximum return (assuming I get at minimum a 2013 1st round pick).

2. Use both 1st round picks on a OT and QB.

3. From the 2nd round to 7th round I'm drafting the best DT/C/S/DE/TE available.

This changes if there are any top 10 offensive lineman available at their positions in free agency.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    1. Jake Long hitting free agency is a long shot. You usually don't get a top 2 LT hitting the open market at his age. These kinds of players don't come around that often.

2. Now if we're pretending that he does it's a no brainer. Give him what he wants, move Smith to RT, and Free inside to guard, and Berney to Center.

Realistically if this was me,

1. I'd try to trade Romo in the off season for maximum return (assuming I get at minimum a 2013 1st round pick).

2. Use both 1st round picks on a OT and QB.

3. From the 2nd round to 7th round I'm drafting the best DT/C/S/DE/TE available.

This changes if there are any top 10 offensive lineman available at their positions in free agency.
    is trading romo just something you want, or something you think is actually in the realm of possibility?

vCash
    I like Jake Long but he has some injury issues over his career. I say what we need is to in FA we either go after the top OL(Clady) or top DL (Avril, Melton). Which ever one we take we choose the opposite in the 1st rd. Then 2nd-5th rd. go after some other OL, LB and DL that can get after the QB and just maul the defensive linemen on the other team. We need some guys that have attitudes, guys that just don't care about the other teams. Guys that have a mean streak in them. Unfortunately Dallas is to soft we might have 1 or 2 people that has a fire to them.
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    I like Jake Long but he has some injury issues over his career. I say what we need is to in FA we either go after the top OL(Clady) or top DL (Avril, Melton). Which ever one we take we choose the opposite in the 1st rd. Then 2nd-5th rd. go after some other OL, LB and DL that can get after the QB and just maul the defensive linemen on the other team. We need some guys that have attitudes, guys that just don't care about the other teams. Guys that have a mean streak in them. Unfortunately Dallas is to soft we might have 1 or 2 people that has a fire to them.
    No, we just need people that will do their ****ing job

titties

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    is trading romo just something you want, or something you think is actually in the realm of possibility?
    Both

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast