Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2013 Miami Marlins

For the few Marlins fans left like myself, here's a look at the Marlins lineup so far for next season. There are 5 spots left, so what other moves are we to expect to finish off the 25 man roster???

C-Brantly/Mathis
    1B-Morrison/Dobbs
    2B-Solano
    3B-Escobar
    SS-Echavarria
    LF-Ruggiano/Petersen
    CF-Pierre/Hernandez
    RF-Stanton

SP-Nolasco
    SP-Turner
    SP-Alvarez
    SP-Eovaldi
    SP-
    LR-Wade Leblanc
    R-
    R-Mike Dunn
    R-Ryan Webb
    R-
    R-
    CL-Cishek

vCash
    There are a couple of holes...I do expect us to be a very crappy team especially if we trade Nolasco and Morrison, but I will be faithful to my team

vCash
    We might be crappy this year, but I think when we seem to look bad, we always play better. The truth is that we were going to end up overpaying, so this trade may not end up being as bad as we think. The test will come in the future when, if these players pan out, are traded like the current batch. I'm really hoping this is the end of the line on trading great talent. I can understand trading Stanton cuz it seems like he wants to be in the West Coast, but if he stays, your seeing a future team consisting of players like Brantly, Echavarria, Yelich, Marisnick, Stanton and a rotation with Fernandez, Alvarez, Turner, Eovaldi, and Nicolson. That could be pretty good for years to come. And with the right veterans around them, I think we can be exciting again soon.

vCash
    This can be a great team in years to come, but Stanton would have to stay, we would have to get some consistent young pitchers, and get some more bats to support Stanton.

vCash
    I believe Stanton is going to be gone this offseason. Don't know where to but hopefully they get a bunch of prospect and ready to go players

vCash
    Burn in HELL Loria!! You crook!

vCash
    I think if the Marlins get a good team in the next 2-3 years, then Stanton might rethink the idea of leaving Miami. But if you firmly believe he is leaving, then why not trade him now and get as many top prospects that will produce NOW rather than later. Take for example Texas, who seems to have the MOST ready-now players who can help your team. You would be able to easily get their top 4 prospect AT LEAST for Stanton. I say if you get a Teixeira like deal(and Stanton is better than him obviously), then you pull the trigger. If not, do everything possible to keep him here. Players like him come around a few times in a decade like we noticed with Miggy. The question here is: Will they start paying????

vCash
    With all these transactions in this "reset mode" the Marlins brass is in, 2013 is shaping up to be a season of tryouts. So I'd say they go all in and make a trade with the Royals centered around their 3B prospect Cheslor Cuthbert, and Nolasco. This way they can re-invest the 11M+ on 1 year deals for maybe Pavano and Liriano.

Pavano
    Liriano
    Turner
    Eovaldi
    ???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    There are a couple of holes...I do expect us to be a very crappy team especially if we trade Nolasco and Morrison, but I will be faithful to my team
    You have no idea how much this Mets fan respects your attitude towards your team. Hang in there, sorry for what happened.

vCash
    Should get scot cuzins back to make sure the Giants don't win it again ....

Still hate the Marlins for taking are Orange... If your going suck... Leave the orange jerseys at home hahaha

49ers.....:10-3-1 gotta luv the tie(last one ever.Callin it)
    SHARKS... NHL givin us some time
    GIANTS.... 2010 CHAMPS and 2012 WOW!!!
    SDSU AZTECS... Ranked #17 all day
    GS WARRIORS..Watch out lake show**updateClip show
    [x]resign Pagan/Affeldft/Marco
    []sign HAMILTON Awww
    [ ] sign G.Sizemore/T.Harfner BENCH 1y - 1 mil
    [ ] sign Mike Adams 3y - 12mil
    [ ] resign the BEARD/MVPOSEY (make it rain sabs)
    [ ] REPEAT 3 outta 4

vCash
    And just in case we get better next couple years we can always fire sale the roster and rebuild again while making Loria richer

vCash
    I don't think the Marlins "fielders" are going to be that horrible; it is just how much is the pitching going to give us?
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    This Marlins team in general will not be bad. I will still keep attending games and watching my Marlins every night on FSN Florida because no matter what, this ownership will make money. If they can sign a power type bat to complement Stanton, then we could have a better offense than last year(I mean, lets admit that we had a very bad offense last year). A lineup of Pierre-Solano-a power bat-Stanton-Morrison-Ruggiano-Brantly-Hechavarria could be good. In regards to our pitching, with Nolasco, Turner, Alvarez, and Eovaldi, and TBD(possibly Leblanc, or a signing) although no true ace yet(Turner being the potential one), could be good, and possibly very good. If our rotation is good, I think this team will surprise some.
    Last edited by marlinsfreak27; 12-09-2012 at 01:10 PM.

vCash
    what about the idea of signing Mike Nappoli if the RedSox aren't willing to commit than the fish can, so long as he is interested in making the most money and doesn't care where he plays come July.

vCash
    As a Jays fan, and watching Hech first hand, he is better served in AAA. I worry about you guys rushing him offensively, but his glove is Major League ready.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast