Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MTone8788 View Post
    Can anyone tell me why JRich only played 18 minutes?
    Sprained his ankle again. 50/50 for tomorrow's game, he said after the game.

vCash
    Ok...so...

1. Great game from Thad. Holy moly.

2. Very, very good game from ET. It'd have been great had he done anything - at all - in the entire first quarter or not turned it over - twice - late in regulation.

3. Despite NewEra's arguments to the contrary, when a team MAKES twice as many foul shots as you TAKE...that's a hard game to win.

4. You can't give up 18 offensive boards either. Come to think of it...how the hell did we hang with them?

5. Bad miss from Thad from 15 feet down the stretch...super-choke-short-arm from Lavoy from the same spot...and an open look from Wright. Hit ANY of those, we win.

6. New sprained ankle killed us too. JRich was 5 for 7 with 13 points in half his minutes. Plus his energy was missed...as was his leadership.

7. This constant relying on outside shooting is a killer. I wish we had a legit Big Man on our roster. Oh...wait...

8. Jrue played on his heels for most of the game. Looked like he was intimidated by Westbrook. Needs a break-out game against the Suns.

That is all.

vCash

Game 13 (11-24-12): Thunder (9-4) @ Sixers (7-5)

6. His defense would have made it a hard game to win.... He cant stick kd or martin.

Probably was for the best that wright got those minutes.

And with nick youngs shot falling.... And him getting 2 clutch ASSISTS in back to back posesstions, i cant imagine jrich helps us winnthat game.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 11-25-2012 at 09:46 AM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Ok...so...

1. Great game from Thad. Holy moly.

2. Very, very good game from ET. It'd have been great had he done anything - at all - in the entire first quarter or not turned it over - twice - late in regulation.

3. Despite NewEra's arguments to the contrary, when a team MAKES twice as many foul shots as you TAKE...that's a hard game to win.

4. You can't give up 18 offensive boards either. Come to think of it...how the hell did we hang with them?

5. Bad miss from Thad from 15 feet down the stretch...super-choke-short-arm from Lavoy from the same spot...and an open look from Wright. Hit ANY of those, we win.

6. New sprained ankle killed us too. JRich was 5 for 7 with 13 points in half his minutes. Plus his energy was missed...as was his leadership.

7. This constant relying on outside shooting is a killer. I wish we had a legit Big Man on our roster. Oh...wait...

8. Jrue played on his heels for most of the game. Looked like he was intimidated by Westbrook. Needs a break-out game against the Suns.

That is all.
    To the bolded part, this is where you have a blind spot with regard to ET. This is why some of us make comments about how ET is utilized. ET was the forgotten man in the half court offense for most of the entire 1st half. And it was by design. He barely played point despite a lot of success with it the past 3-4 games. He also had a grand total of two 1st quarter plays for him early in the shot clock. One of the two plays was a RIP Hamilton style run around screens for a catch and shoot shot.....which Collins has inexplicably been trying with ET for going on 3 seasons now. The other play was a post up that turned into a fumble because Kwame (who had no business being the 1st big off the bench) passed it to no one. Then Wayns plays point for the end of the 1st quarter and much of the 2nd.

If ET's half court role is to stand around and shoot a few catch and shoot jumpers for much of the game, of course he is going to be inconsistent. That is not, and never has been, his game.

Meanwhile, most of the Sixers runs were sparked at least in part by ET making plays in the only area of the game where he consistently gets a chance to do so....the slow break before the defense is set. And for some reason, you are opposed to that as well.

He was also the only player on our roster who could defend Westbrook....even a little bit.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-25-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    To the bolded part, this is where you have a blind spot with regard to ET. This is why some of us make comments about how ET is utilized. ET was the forgotten man in the half court offense for most of the entire 1st half. And it was by design. .
    It must be so easy to watch a game from your perspective. Follow the bouncy ball........

How would the "ball in Evan' hands" enabled him to REBOUND? How would Evan at PG have allowed him to put a ****ing body on someone when the ball was in the air, maybe making possible someone ELSE to grab a board (no one, not just ET did this, btw), how would his being utilized the way YOU wanted have encouraged him to go set a ****ing screen for someone ELSE?

When I say he did nothing...I mean he did NOTHING. Forget the reasons he himself didn't score points. I could give a rat's *** if he scored. He had ZERO boards in that quarter, and not much of anything else either. At either end.

So predictable that of all the points in my summary, you picked out that ONE phrase!

Shocker.

vCash

Its always something, isnt it? u cant just say that he had a great game and move on can u?

U have to find something to dog on turner about.

Its ridiculous. Where were all these nit picky posts when lou was losing us games last year in the 4th quarter?

U even went out of ur way to compliment jrich, and ill ignore his putrid defense early on, didnt even play or gave any effect on the sixers getting back into the game. Had he been in there, its safe to say we may not have even made it to overtime, the defense gets worse, the passing gets worse and all the sudden maybe the game isnt so close.

Also turner wright and young (who all played a major role in getting us back in the game) would have played less, making the comeback less likely.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 11-25-2012 at 10:40 AM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    It must be so easy to watch a game from your perspective. Follow the bouncy ball........

How would the "ball in Evan' hands" enabled him to REBOUND? How would Evan at PG have allowed him to put a ****ing body on someone when the ball was in the air, maybe making possible someone ELSE to grab a board (no one, not just ET did this, btw), how would his being utilized the way YOU wanted have encouraged him to go set a ****ing screen for someone ELSE?

When I say he did nothing...I mean he did NOTHING. Forget the reasons he himself didn't score points. I could give a rat's *** if he scored. He had ZERO boards in that quarter, and not much of anything else either. At either end.

So predictable that of all the points in my summary, you picked out that ONE phrase!

Shocker.
    So you're major beef about ET early was that he (our guard mind you) didn't get enough rebounds or set enough screens. So I guess when he played better later in the game it was all about him rebounding and setting screens, and had nothing to do with his 26 points.

The 2nd overall pick, national player of the year who mainly made plays with the ball in his hands, now suddenly inexplicably even has point duties taken away from him....despite 6 assists to less than 2 turnovers over the past 4 games. And his role should be mainly setting screens and rebounding? That's primarily what he is jugded on? He's a vital offensive cog and a building block. He is being misused.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-25-2012 at 11:08 AM.

vCash
    so close, and yet, so far....

vCash
    Hydro... why would I say he had a great game when he had a great 3 quarters of a game? he had a very very good game. take it and run with it.

also, JRich actually played good defense. I think you like to say stuff and just secretly hope that no one calls you on it. how many points did Durant have after J rich went out of the game? don't dodge the question.

vCash
    That was an awesome game last night. Fun to watch.

I enjoyed that they focused on jrues scoring and shut him down. He was great at making plays in the first half. I wish he was more aggressive early on though. He tried to turn it on in the 4th but just couldnt get it started.

Evan had a very impressive game. Can help but notice his game seems to rise with the opponent. Last good game was celtics. GM, I think he's actually got that catch and shoot off the screen working now too. Not to mention HE WAS DRIBBLING WITH A PURPOSE (is he reading these boards?) and finishing around the rim well.

Thad was the energizer bunny out there. All over the floor scoring, BOARDING, just making plays.

Our wing guys played their roles. Too bad for jrich cuz we couldn't afford to be shy any bodies last night.

Just got me thinking what could we do with a solid post big. Not to get all down about the Bynum situation. Just got me to thinking we will add to what we have without needing to give up anything. The future looks bright. Unless they pounded by the suns scorching offense.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Hydro... why would I say he had a great game when he had a great 3 quarters of a game? he had a very very good game. take it and run with it.

also, JRich actually played good defense. I think you like to say stuff and just secretly hope that no one calls you on it. how many points did Durant have after J rich went out of the game? don't dodge the question.
    cause he had a great game... played great defense on westbrook, and ur just scratching at the heels. its ridiculous.

by your standards, kevin durant only had a great half/OT and not a great game.... its silly.

also, use your eyes and brain when watching j-rich play defense please. he blatantly cant stick the better offensive players in the league.... thats why he flails his arms.... to compensate, and against durant....he got dribbled around evrey time.... he may have scored more in the 2nd half, but at least turner, wright, and thad could stay in front of him. if jrich stayed in, durant would have done even dirtier work once he got hot.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Thad defending Durant is something I cannot get behind. He kept him in front of him mainly only because it was easy as hell for Durant to shoot over him. I thought Wright and ET both did a solid job on him, though.

Collins continues to overrate Thad's defensive abilities to the detriment of the W/L column.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-25-2012 at 05:04 PM.

vCash

Thats all true, but deviates from my main point in a big way at the same time.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Thats all true, but deviates from my main point in a big way at the same time.
    I agree with your main point....sorry, I just hated seeing Thad defend Durant. Yet, at the same time I was in no way, shape, or form shocked by it. Which just goes to show how low my opinion has dropped on Collins with this topic. It's almost like hoping Andy Reid will focus on developing a legitimate ground game.

Pointless.

vCash

People like you make these forums so frustrating for everybody.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast