Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast
    vCash
    How long is Cabrera under control?

vCash
    no reason to send all that talent for a ss we dont need and who would lose value by moving to 3b

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    How long is Cabrera under control?
    Signed though 14'

Makes 6.5M this season and 10M next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    no reason to send all that talent for a ss we dont need and who would lose value by moving to 3b
    Why not? he's been a consistent 3 WAR player since 2008 and isn't a FA until 2015. He's also only 27.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    Why not? he's been a consistent 3 WAR player since 2008 and isn't a FA until 2015. He's also only 27.
    as a SS yea he's a 3 WAR player. not as a 3b tho

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Signed though 14'

Makes 6.5M this season and 10M next.
    thanks, I say why not then as long as the cost to get him is reasonable.

vCash
    At this point I think Teheran, Graham, Sims, Minor and Simmons have to be untouchable right? I hear great things about Graham. I think he will take a big step this year and really get on the map. Sims, is already touching 97MPH at 18 years of age.

But I'm really, really excited about Graham. The kid is dominant. I hope he starts in AA this year and we get to see what he can do against better competition. Some scouts have him ranked higher than Teheran already!
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    I'd offer Delgado, Ahmed and Peraza for him. Doubt that would get it done, though. We'd most likely have to throw in one of Graham, Gilmartin or Sims.
    I don't want to trade both of Peraza and Ahmed, because i like to have depth in the SS position, and adding Graham, Gilmartin or Sims is a no deal in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    At this point, I'm too jacked up to see Teheran pitch for the Braves that I wouldn't trade him for anybody.
    This, x100. If he puts it all together, he's absolutely the kind of guy that makes you bang your head against the wall for years if you trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    ajc
    Even O'Brien qualified the Braves' interest in Hairston by saying he's probably too expensive. I don't think we have to worry too much about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBraves View Post
    Word on the street is that Asdrubal Cabrera is available and was almost traded to the philthies on a deal centered around Vance Worley! I think he can play 3B beautifully and allow us to move Prado to LF. Why have we not been linked to this guy?
    Probably because giving up several prospects and $16.5 million over the next two years doesn't change the fact that his .750 OPS over the last three years falls way short of what the Braves can expect to get from The Platoon.

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    as a SS yea he's a 3 WAR player. not as a 3b tho
    Amen. And The Platoon projects to be about a 3 WAR player.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBraves View Post
    At this point I think Teheran, Graham, Sims, Minor and Simmons have to be untouchable right?
    Teheran and Simmons are untouchable in my opinion. Teheran could be an ace, and you don't trade potential aces. Simmons is a pretty ideal player too, since his glove means that at minimum he's a decent starter. If he keeps hitting as well, the sky is the limit.

Sims is protected because draftees can't be traded until June 15 of the following year. But Graham and Minor can be trade bait, if you ask me. We've been over why Minor is in for significant regression, and if they can get 3.00 ERA trade return for a 4.00 ERA pitcher, they should jump on it. And Graham, while in possession of excellent stuff, may not be able to hang in the rotation given his size, and the lack of strikeouts at the lower levels could become even given his extreme groundball tendencies. Don't get me wrong: I think Graham is going to be good, and I'd prefer not to trade him. But if a talent like Justin Upton, or another young controllable hitter like Starling Marte, is on the table...he's the type of player you move, in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    Sims is protected because draftees can't be traded until June 15 of the following year. But Graham and Minor can be trade bait, if you ask me. We've been over why Minor is in for significant regression, and if they can get 3.00 ERA trade return for a 4.00 ERA pitcher, they should jump on it. And Graham, while in possession of excellent stuff, may not be able to hang in the rotation given his size, and the lack of strikeouts at the lower levels could become even given his extreme groundball tendencies. Don't get me wrong: I think Graham is going to be good, and I'd prefer not to trade him. But if a talent like Justin Upton, or another young controllable hitter like Starling Marte, is on the table...he's the type of player you move, in my opinion.
    Well, Graham had a SO 8.1/9 in rookie league, and a SO 8.3/9 after being promote to AA so the strikeouts numbers are find, we should wait this year to see if he is for real. Size is not something i put too much weight in, there are plenty of undersized pitchers with success in the league. But as you said, if we're talking about a young outfielder with potential like Marte i think i'll do it.

vCash
    Dbacks just signed Ross, seems they need to trade a OF bat.

Buster_ESPN
    Arizona is, in fact, working to trade an outfielder, in the aftermath of the Ross deal. Kubel is regarded as the most likely guy to be dealt
    Don't want Kubel.

Adam Eaton would work for me, seems like he could be a great lead off bat.
    Last edited by Wrench; 12-22-2012 at 02:02 PM.

vCash
    A couple of people suggested Gerardo Parra to DOB. He did hit .307 with a .374 obp from leadoff, and he has a GG in LF. Only thing is he is terrible vs LHP. He can be had for cheap since the DBacks signed Cody Ross
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    @ajcbraves Parra & Kubel LH hitters, but #Braves said LH not issue if a leadoff hitter. Parra .307 w/ .374 OBP in 153 ABs at leadoff in '12. GG in '11.
    Last edited by westside; 12-22-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Havent posted alot of things on here. I like to see what everybody thinks and likes....Personally, I wouldnt mind Parra. The games Ive seen him play against us, hes pretty solid. I know alot of people are high on Delgado, but I would ship him straight up for Parra....

vCash
    Delgado for Parra? No thanks. I'd go with what we have over that deal.