Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I was still thinking of Span in CF/Leadoff. That 301/.374/.365/.739 vs lefties is nice.

Wasn't worth a top pitching spec though.

vCash
    Willingham now? Maybe?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    I think he'll almost certainly end up with the Phillies.
    They can have him. Being on the wrong side of 30 just adds more to their current aging lineup...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    Willingham now? Maybe?
    I would be ok with him as well as Swisher, Gordon or Justin Upton...

vCash
    Willingham won't cost that much i think, the only problem with him is that he is a bad fielder, but i don't mind sacrificing defense for 30+ homers and a .360+ OBP. He struck out a lot, that's another thing, i know strikeouts counts as an out like everything else but i'd rather have player with low k-rate, Heyward, Upton, Freeman, Uggla are guys who will struckout more than 100 times, add Willingham to than and 5 of our starters with 100+ strikeouts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Willingham won't cost that much i think, the only problem with him is that he is a bad fielder, but i don't mind sacrificing defense for 30+ homers and a .360+ OBP. He struck out a lot, that's another thing, i know strikeouts counts as an out like everything else but i'd rather have player with low k-rate, Heyward, Upton, Freeman, Uggla are guys who will struckout more than 100 times, add Willingham to than and 5 of our starters with 100+ strikeouts.
    I'd be fine with his poor defense, we could just shade Upton over to left field (Heyward could handle more ground well enough to make this move). Our lineup might look something like this:

Simmons
    Prado
    Heyward
    Willingham
    Freeman
    Upton
    Uggla
    McCann

And I'd love that lineup, especially if we only had to trade Hanson for Willingham.

vCash
    Lord, imagine the slumps that we are notorious in getting into. Everybody will be striking out at the same damn time....not a pretty sight.

Willingham has been coveted for a while around these parts and he's a good fit. I wouldn't bank on the 30+ homers though, he only hit that last year and Turner Field isn't exactly kind to improve that or sustain it. The age and durability has me a little concerned and he's not getting any better defensively. So while he would be playing a spot where we can sacrifice defense...we would have to be pretty darn certain he can sustain his power numbers...good thing he always knows how to get on base though.

Pretty much, it's completely dependent on the price with Willingham.

vCash
    I don't think I would give up Tommy Boy for Willingham straight up...or lets say if that was offered to me and I were the twins organization...I'd quickly take it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I was still thinking of Span in CF/Leadoff. That 301/.374/.365/.739 vs lefties is nice.

Wasn't worth a top pitching spec though.
    Except that Upton is going to play center field...

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I don't think I would give up Tommy Boy for Willingham straight up...or lets say if that was offered to me and I were the twins organization...I'd quickly take it.
    I actually think Hanson for Willingham would be pretty fair. Might even require Delgado to get the deal done. Which I would probably do, assuming all efforts for Justin Upton had been exhausted.

vCash
    So you would give up Tommy boy and Delgado for Willingham?? If so, I can't say I share your sentiments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    I actually think Hanson for Willingham would be pretty fair. Might even require Delgado to get the deal done. Which I would probably do, assuming all efforts for Justin Upton had been exhausted.
    I think you are wrong, Span was a much more valuable trade piece for the twins, and they got a very good prospect probably a 50-75 top prospect in the MLB, Willingham is a poor defender, cost more than Span and has one less year of control, willingham won't cost either Hanson or Delgado.

vCash
    The Braves and Marlins are two of a half-dozen teams interested in free agent utilityman Ryan Raburn, reports ESPN's Jayson Stark (Twitter link). The Rays and Rangers are two of the other known teams.
    m l b trade rumors

Ryan Raburn over Reed? Hope not....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Lord, imagine the slumps that we are notorious in getting into. Everybody will be striking out at the same damn time....not a pretty sight.

Lmao, i was just thinking that, It would be ugly indeed.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    I would be ok with Swisher, Cody Ross, Willingham, Gordon or Justin Upton...

vCash
    Hanson and Delgado for JW is just too much for my likimg to pull the trigger on.

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast