Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    Why do people keep bringing up bourn? He was probaly the top 3 best cf for the 1st half of last year. So to say an extension was just a farfetched idea is crazy.
    Exactly and even if he takes a one year deal to hit the market next year it will be over 15 million (which we don't have). Somewhere we have to find someone who can get on base. We need to improve our OBP

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by atl#22 View Post
    exactly and even if he takes a one year deal to hit the market next year it will be over 15 million (which we don't have). Somewhere we have to find someone who can get on base. We need to improve our obp
    +1
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    I think slotting Delgado in as a starter in 2014 beats whatever Fowler will give while he's under contract.

vCash
    Why do people keep bringing up bourn? He was probaly the top 3 best cf for the 1st half of last year. So to say an extension was just a farfetched idea is crazy.
    Again..... You are debating a point, no one else is. No one thought the Bravest offering Bourn an extra at the end of the 2011 season was CRAZY. Just that Boras wasn't going to except it. Just making the simple comparison that the criticism of Fowlers obp on the road is unwarranted, considering bourns was the same after he became a brave.

Furthermore wanting to praise Bourn for his first half's without including what he did in both second halfs for the bravest isn't any different from those that don't look at Fowler's splits.

Last he's going to be compared to Mike offensively, because that's the spot he'd be taking in the order.

vCash
    In no universe should Fowler be compared to Bourn. That's not even nice.

vCash

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Again..... You are debating a point, no one else is. No one thought the Bravest offering Bourn an extra at the end of the 2011 season was CRAZY. Just that Boras wasn't going to except it. Just making the simple comparison that the criticism of Fowlers obp on the road is unwarranted, considering bourns was the same after he became a brave.

Furthermore wanting to praise Bourn for his first half's without including what he did in both second halfs for the bravest isn't any different from those that don't look at Fowler's splits.

Last he's going to be compared to Mike offensively, because that's the spot he'd be taking in the order.
    Good points and all, but thats not what I was aguing. You made it seem as if it was biased of us braves fans to want to give mike an extension, but dnt like fowler. Im saying mike was a legit top CF when we said he should be extended. Fowler.is still a boom in Coors.and average everywhere else, nothing wowing. His numbers aren't bad, but not special. Thats my point. That Fowler is a coors field killer and a average player away. Thats why I wouldnt trade the marbles for him. But like I said I really dnt want to talk bout him anymore. So lets change subjectd
    Last edited by westside; 12-14-2012 at 10:41 PM.

vCash
    Ok guys, Trumbo was made available today and on the Braves radar according to O'Brian. Let the speculations begin! Start the Conversation with Teheran!
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBraves View Post
    Ok guys, Trumbo was made available today and on the Braves radar according to O'Brian. Let the speculations begin! Start the Conversation with Teheran!
    Never was report as "available" all they said is he could be had but highly unlikely. Better chance they move Bourjos, Morales, or even Wells over him.

vCash
    bourn was a 50+ stolen base threat and among the top defensively. fowler is neither of those...
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Good points and all, but thats not what I was aguing. You made it seem as if it was biased of us braves fans to want to give mike an extension, but dnt like fowler. Im saying mike was a legit top CF when we said he should be extended. Fowler.is still a boom in Coors.and average everywhere else, nothing wowing. His numbers aren't bad, but not special. Thats my point. That Fowler is a coors field killer and a average player away. Thats why I wouldnt trade the marbles for him. But like I said I really dnt want to talk bout him anymore. So lets change subjectd
    So you wanted extend bourn after one good half but you wont trade a PROJECTED future number 3 starter for a guy the is under control through '16, younger, a switch hitter and when you take away coors is similar to bourn......? Come on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    bourn was a 50+ stolen base threat and among the top defensively. fowler is neither of those...
    He also got thrown out more than anyone. And he threw like johnny Damon was his little league coach.

And I thought bourn was a good fit with the braves! Point is bourn wasn't perfect and fowler isn't either but they are both good fits in the leadoff spot. when you have a chance to get a guy like fowler for an unproven pitcher if which you have a surplus of, its worth the risk.
    Last edited by mgcslugger33; 12-14-2012 at 11:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    When did Bourne steal 50+ with the Braves?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    So you wanted extend bourn after one good half but you wont trade a PROJECTED future number 3 starter for a guy the is under control through '16, younger, a switch hitter and when you take away coors is similar to bourn......? Come on.
    Smh, please know the whole convo before you post your opinion. Bourn played well and was consistent through-out the 2nd half of 2011, and first half of 2012. Yhats why people thought an extension was needed. He was our first leadoff threat since Furcal, so they dnt just come around so easy for the braves. My thing was, Bourn had his home/away numbers while playing on a neutral Turner field. Coors is a hitters park. So I said I wouldnt trade delgado for someone who might underperform over a 162 game span away from coors. Never said Bourn was better or Fowler was worse. Please read everything before you form your opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SunKhan13 View Post
    When did Bourne steal 50+ with the Braves?
    He clearly said he was a 50+ steal threat. Didnt say he stole 50+ with the braves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    He also got thrown out more than anyone. And he threw like johnny Damon was his little league coach.

And I thought bourn was a good fit with the braves! Point is bourn wasn't perfect and fowler isn't either but they are both good fits in the leadoff spot. when you have a chance to get a guy like fowler for an unproven pitcher if which you have a surplus of, its worth the risk.
    Dexter Fowler SB% 66.7
    Michael Bourn SB% 81.2

It's not even close.

Bourn is arguably the best defensive CF in baseball, while Fowler is one of the worst. I'm won't be mad if we trade for Fowler but i found him a very risky move that i would like to avoid.

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast