Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't either. I don't know if a trade is in store for the Braves or not. I'm up for whatever Wren does. As long as they don't trade to many prospects

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves_Fan_RSD View Post
    Not to me considering we'd likely get similar results from a Johnson/Francisco platoon and get to keep Delgado.
    It's more than a fair trade for both teams, assuming both live up to their potential. A good leadoff hitter for a #3 starter is an even trade. And ewww at that platoon. just eww.

vCash
    I'm not sure if we are still open to trading Delgado. Either him or Teheran have to start this year and the other is pitcher #6 until Beachy comes back

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    •ESPN's Keith Law doesn't see Hamilton providing much value in the last two years of his contract, though his signing "makes more sense" if the Angels trade some roster depth to fill the holes in their rotation. Law also notes that Michael Bourn appears to be running out of suitors, and speculates that Bourn could look for a one-year deal now and then look for a big multiyear contract next winter.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#kgslxZsSroa7EOtA.99
    One year for Bourn at what we have left to spend!

vCash
    David O'Brien @ajcbraves

Angels have said they're keeping Trumbo, according to Buster. RT @adamhose: @ajcbraves Should the #Braves go try to get Trumbo now?

4 Retweets Collapse
    Well there goes that idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    One year for Bourn at what we have left to spend!
    Would be great but don't see why he would do this considering he'll be even older when he hits the free agent market again...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    It's more than a fair trade for both teams, assuming both live up to their potential. A good leadoff hitter for a #3 starter is an even trade. And ewww at that platoon. just eww.
    You may hate that platoon, so do I, and since the numbers are likely to be similar, you see why people are against fowler especially since we have to give up a valuable piece to get him.

Simmons over Harper!!!

WAR Stats:

2014 - Simmons 2.3 vs Harper 1.3
    2013 - Simmons 4.7 vs Harper 3.8
    Career - Simmons 9.9 vs Harper 9.4
    162 game average - Simmons 4.6 vs Harper 4.3

updated 11/25/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Would be great but don't see why he would do this considering he'll be even older when he hits the free agent market again...
    What Law is saying does make sense. I can understand your point, but if no one is bidding he may have to take a one year deal to build his value. I think the days of thinking ( just last month) that he was going to get this huge 15 mil+ a season deal over 5/6 years has sailed.

vCash
    I'm not really even that opposed to a platoon at this point.

vCash
    i'd take the platoon over fowler. every time.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    The Braves don't have any interest in trading for Cubs outfielder Alfonso Soriano, tweets David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The Cubs are willing to pay $26MM of Soriano's remaining $36MM salary in a trade and have shopped the veteran to the Astros and Phillies this offseason.
    mlbtraderumors

vCash
    What Law is saying does make sense. I can understand your point, but if no one is bidding he may have to take a one year deal to build his value. I think the days of thinking ( just last month) that he was going to get this huge 15 mil+ a season deal over 5/6 years has sailed.
    I completely agree...

vCash
    You make trades to improve your team or make the most of an expiring surplus. I can't be convinced that Fowler would be an improvement over what the Braves have now nor is Delgado's or Teheran's value about to expire (both could be in the rotation in 2014).

The platoon isn't a popular idea, but it might be the best one available.

vCash
    People thought the same thing with Prince Fielder last year. There are at least two teams that would potentially spend the money on Bourn. If one of those fills the vacancy without him then the possibility is more likely but even then I'd be shocked. Big free agents tend to get that money regardless of conditions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    please, 30 pts is way different from 100+ points.

fowler sucks and fw is not as big of an idiot to trade minor or any other starter for him. nothing he's done would suggest he'd make a blunder of this scale.
    Ok then how about this.

Chipper Jones Splits:
    Home: .309 .397 .534 .932
    Away: .262 .354 .366 .720

Big enough difference in BA, SLG and OPS for you?

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast