Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    vCash
    delgado for fowler is fair. fowler has hit at every level and his obp is amazing. got to take a step back as a brave's fan and analyze the trade from an objective point a view. we wouldnt have to worry about our outfield until 2016

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    He did put up a .286 .367 .415 away from coors in 2011. He can get on base, and would play great Defense. If delgado was a #2 or #3 he would be in the rotation. He is projected to be that guy and i think that is best case sceneario. Besides, you send him to colorado for a year you can get him back from constanza next year.
    He is only 22. I never said Fowler wasnt talented. But he's pedestrian away from coors. Nothing special. He isnt worth Minor or Delgado, and certainly not Julio. But all in all, I dont see why we should trade for him if the price doesnt come down. The Rox are looking for ML pitching, not prospects, so we would overpay just to get a regular player.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    I think Huddy takes a one year deal after this year with an option for the next after this season.
    I agree! If FW wants him back, I don't think Huddy is in any rush to leave Atl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    He is only 22. I never said Fowler wasnt talented. But he's pedestrian away from coors. Nothing special. He isnt worth Minor or Delgado, and certainly not Julio. But all in all, I dont see why we should trade for him if the price doesnt come down. The Rox are looking for ML pitching, not prospects, so we would overpay just to get a regular player.
    apperantly his price was minor OR delgado. and a delgado for fowler swap is fair. http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=fowler002wil

vCash
    Whoever thinks overrated fowler is worth Delgado or Minor is crazy. Not ridiculing your opinion, but he's average when not at home.

vCash
    If you just want to take his away numbers from the previous two years, his OPS is much better that Bourn. So you replace bourn in the line up and you get a the leadoff guy you need. Not to mention your OF is absolutley sick defensively. I take this line up...

Fowler
    Prado
    Heyward
    Uggla/upton
    Freeman
    Upton/Uggla
    McCann
    Simmons

vCash
    Whoever thinks overrated fowler is worth Delgado or Minor is crazy. Not ridiculing your opinion, but he's average when not at home.
    granted, he was average on the road last year. but in 2011, he batted .286 with a .367 obp on the road. he's been a great hitter at every level and he gets on base at a crazy rate. the braves have a plethora of pitching prospects and can afford to risk delgado imo.

vCash
    If you just want to take his away numbers from the previous two years, his OPS is much better that Bourn. So you replace bourn in the line up and you get a the leadoff guy you need. Not to mention your OF is absolutley sick defensively. I take this line up...

Fowler
    Prado
    Heyward
    Uggla/upton
    Freeman
    Upton/Uggla
    McCann
    Simmons
    Exactly, if u take away his away numbers. He hit .262 with a .720 ops away compared to..332 and a .984 ops at home. Drastic difference. Im not arguing for bourn so his stats are irrelevant to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    granted, he was average on the road last year. but in 2011, he batted .286 with a .367 obp on the road. he's been a great hitter at every level and he gets on base at a crazy rate. the braves have a plethora of pitching prospects and can afford to risk delgado imo.
    But you dont wanna.do that just for the sake of doing it.

vCash
    But you dont wanna.do that just for the sake of doing it.
    i'd made the trade personally, assuming it was a str8 up swap. i know you want to just focus on his away stats, but just look at any player. heck look at heyward and freeman and you'll see a big difference in their home/away splits. Fowler has been a good hitter at every level and he's gotten on base at every level. if he can put up his 2011 road stats, or even put up a .280/.350, would u not make that deal?

and for those that want hart, look at HIS home/away splits.
    Last edited by thomass; 12-13-2012 at 12:12 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    i'd made the trade personally, assuming it was a str8 up swap. i know you want to just focus on his away stats, but just look at any player. heck look at heyward and freeman and you'll see a big difference in their home/away splits. Fowler has been a good hitter at every level and he's gotten on base at every level. if he can put up his 2011 road stats, or even put up a .280/.350, would u not make that deal?

and for those that want hart, look at HIS home/away splits.
    I think you are right about Fowler's talent and I was just about to bring up he is a better bat than Bourn so that could be seen as an improvement. My question is would I be willing to part with one of those pitcher's mentioned to get him if I where FW

It seems West side just doesn't like the idea at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I think you are right about Fowler's talent and I was just about to bring up he is a better bat than Bourn so that could be seen as an improvement. My question is would I be willing to part with one of those pitcher's mentioned to get him if I where FW

something else to think about... fowler is not a free agent until 2016, which means we wouldnt have to worry about our outfield for 3 years (which is nice for a change).

vCash
    You would still have Beachy Medlen Minor Teheran. In your scenario Hudson would come off the books so you could go get a Pitcher if needed. I dont think thats a big deal as far as next year goes.
    No, you still have to go internal for pitching unless you don't want to try to extend our younger guys to keep them in braves uniforms through their primes. We don't have bats on the farm. So the money saved needs to go to bats. You develop what you can, you pay for what you can't develop.

Also, if we get Fowler I sure hope he's a better fielder in Left than he is in center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post

I dnt see the logic in trading away from our rotation. We dnt know if beachy will have a setback, or if teheran/delgado will succeed, or if someone else is injured. We cant assume a prospect will just come fill in and pitch well. Its better to get someone who is equally effective but will only cost a couple of spects or mlb relievers. Bonifacio is the best choice for me. Fowlers price tag is just too high. Talented, but not worth the handicapping(Not financially.)
    Last edited by westside; 12-13-2012 at 12:58 AM.

vCash
    I dnt see the logic in trading away from our rotation. We dnt know if beachy will have a setback, or if teheran/delgado will succeed, or if someone else is injured. We cant assume a prospect will just come fill in and pitch well. Its better to get someone who is equally effective but will only cost a couple of spects or mlb relievers. Bonifacio is the best choice for me. Fowlers price tag is just too high. Talented, but not worth the handicapping(Not financially.)
    I like Bonifacio as well.... But we don't know what the Blue Jays are asking for him either. And if the Price is the same, I'll take Fowler.

Now back to our rotation....... You are right you just can't assume all 3 are going to pitch well.... But you can't do what you are doing either and assume all 3 will have issues.

Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast