Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Delgado pitched well, but his ceiling isn't close to Teheran's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    You guys are so quick to trade away for someone you dnt even know will perform. some of you were anti-Heyward last year, now look at you. You wanted Eric mer, but we have a top 1B in Freeman. Some of you were on board with the Prado for Seth smith trade a couple years ago. Just shows you sometimes you have to let things pan out before you start drooling over others prospects. Will JT be an ace? who knows. Will Delgado? who knows. But some of these trades aren't smart at all.
    Well I trust FW and his staff to be able to determine which one of those two are going to be better. Heck they have seen more from them than the team trading for them. One of them needs to be moved. 3 years in AAA not only destroys trading value but also future production and skill level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Delgado pitched well, but his ceiling isn't close to Teheran's.
    Agree 100%!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRyback View Post
    Well I trust FW and his staff to be able to determine which one of those two are going to be better. Heck they have seen more from them than the team trading for them. One of them needs to be moved. 3 years in AAA not only destroys trading value but also future production and skill level.
    If a true answer for LF isn't available due to other teams' demands, I'd rather deal Maholm for what we could get and let Delgado and Teheran take their lumps. Assuming the Braves don't want to wait one more year on the one that doesn't win the 5th spot.

vCash
    If we can't get Justin or Alex.......Sign Ichiro to a 1 year deal and trade for Hicks. You will have your young athletic OF'er, you'll just have to wait half a seaon or a hole season.

Ichiro
    Prado
    Heyward
    Upton
    Freeman
    Uggla
    McCann..... When he returns.
    Simmons

For those that sight Ichiro's OBP last season........ Just notice how it jumped to .340 after the trade when he had somthing to play for. He has a .365 carrer obp, so I don't think he's forgotten what a ball and a strike is. There was just nothing to play for in Seatle, the team didn't want him there and he didn't want to be there, so the divorce served him well.

Choo would be okay, but trading a top end pitching prospect for a rental that's not going to set the world on fire is risky. Also for everyone that hates the Uptons for the K's, how can you love this guy?

Ell's almost the same as Choo, but he can set the baseball world on fire as he did in 2011. However the injury bug bites him often.

vCash
    The Braves will never get value out of Ichiro (not for what he wants). I think a platoon of the right players and focus on extending the youngsters would be the right route if the Braves' trade ideas fall through.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    If a true answer for LF isn't available due to other teams' demands, I'd rather deal Maholm for what we could get and let Delgado and Teheran take their lumps. Assuming the Braves don't want to wait one more year on the one that doesn't win the 5th spot.
    I don't think Maholm is worth much on the open market yet can provide good depth.

JT is worth more in trade value than Delgado. That is precisely why we will need to trade him for a top talent long term LF. His ceiling has been hyped so high, only to be disapointing every year. Lets trade him while his value is still high.

vCash
    Am I missing something here? Why didn't we try to get Revere or Span, We could of gave Minnesota better players than what the Phillies and Nationals gave up...

vCash
    I am getting ancy for a LF, but would much rather have Fransisco playing LF platooning with constanza!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ja.werd#1 View Post
    Am I missing something here? Why didn't we try to get Revere or Span, We could of gave Minnesota better players than what the Phillies and Nationals gave up...
    Beats me. I think they probaly asked for delgado or somthing.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Phills give up far too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Atl Bill View Post
    I am getting ancy for a LF, but would much rather have Fransisco playing LF platooning with constanza!
    Haha. Juan is strictly a 3B and a mediocre (at best) one at that. Prado would switch between LF and 3B in that sort of platoon. And no WS hopeful team should be starting Constanza outside of an injury

Also, Delgado for Revere is too much. Revere is being over valued by some on here because he appears to fit the lead off role. While Delgado is not projected to be better than JT, he is projected as good as Minor. That is too steep for Revere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Haha. Juan is strictly a 3B and a mediocre (at best) one at that. Prado would switch between LF and 3B in that sort of platoon. And no WS hopeful team should be starting Constanza outside of an injury

Also, Delgado for Revere is too much. Revere is being over valued by some on here because he appears to fit the lead off role. While Delgado is not projected to be better than JT, he is projected as good as Minor. That is too steep for Revere.
    Thats why Revere is in philly because they gave up a load for him. It wouldnt be idea to put a platoon in LF, not over a 162 game course. We need a proven LF starter so we can leave prado at 3rd. He deserves to stay at one position.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Give more than what either gave up? No thanks, both over paid for what they got.

vCash
    If Francisco is EVER in LF then we are in big trouble!

Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast