Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I guess Fowler would be an "okay" addition but he not nearly the impact we are looking for or need. But that price would have to come way down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Fowler looks to be the most realistic option. why would kc trade gordon? makes no sense if they are trying to win now.
    But they aren't trying to win now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    But they aren't trying to win now.
    where have you been this offseason? yes they are

vCash
    ajcbraves
    #Braves working on other plans, if don't get big LF. I could see possibility of Schierholtz in LF w/ a Reed Johnson type, Prado some 3B & LF
    Have heard zero talks about Fowler with the Braves.

vCash
    I'd be cool with signing Johnson and a Schierholz/Sweeney type as well as keeping Francisco. We could get upwards of 400 PA a piece out of those 3, but we'd have to count on Fredi using them wisely.

vCash
    The Braves would get worse for adding Fowler unless they start playing their home games in Colorado. Gattis would be better than Fowler.

vCash
    Just heard on MLB tonight from Heyman that Minnesota doesn't think they can afford a FA pitcher and will go the trade route to acquire a pitcher. They are listening to offers for Ben Revere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    The Braves would get worse for adding Fowler unless they start playing their home games in Colorado. Gattis would be better than Fowler.
    he batted .258 at AA last year. can we wait until he plays a full season against some real minor league talent before we make him our starting lf?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    he batted .258 at AA last year. can we wait until he plays a full season against some real minor league talent before we make him our starting lf?
    I don't want him as the starting LF, but he would be a better option than Fowler. Fowler isn't good at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Fowler is a proven major league hitter. Sure his numbers are inflated, but he's still a solid player if you take advantage of his defensive strength (ie put him in center). His profile away from Coors reminds me of Michael Bourn early in his career.

Gattis is what he is - a 26 year old minor leaguer. There's some promise given his history but let's not say he's better than an above average center fielder in this league.

vCash
    Fowler won't be acquired for nothing, either. His OPS is under .700 away from Coors. His range in CF hasn't been impressive at all. Maybe it is better in LF, but your plan is to put him in CF.

Couple the price of acquisition with bad numbers away from Coors and poor range in CF, and I don't see the allure.

vCash
    I'm not saying we should acquire him, just that he's easily a better ballplayer than Gattis.

vCash
    BJ Upton and Nate Schierholtz are not an improvement over Michael Bourn and Chipper Jones. At best, it's would be the same offense that let us (and themselves) down last year.

If they are serious about getting a "big LF", we would be hearing about top prospects being offered up or the Braves being rumored in multi-club deals to facilitate a big move. Starting to believe Wren has the same blind spot with evaluating positions players (specifically outfielders) that John Schuerholtz did.

vCash
    And I'd probably rather hang on to Roadrunner. Insurance for Prado adjusting to a new permanent position.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-05-2012 at 07:46 PM.

vCash
    fowler is decent. he has improved every year and he actually played much better on the road in 2011. with him continuing to improve every year, i wouldn't mind having him

Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast