Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1004
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,071
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Seriously, just click "ignore" if this is such a problem. Then not everyone has to read through posts that pertain to nothing.
    My friend, it's not the point of ignoring him. It's a,man should have enough respect for others who ask to be oft out, to actually be left out. I don't like to waist time exposing and showing others that not what I typed because the kid wants to argue his point, even when it has nothing to do with what I typed.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,071
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting UGGLA View Post
    Seeing all kinds of Nick Swisher rumors today on mlbtraderumors.com. Man this bites. I thought Wren said he was going to be getting us a steak dinner and lobster tail, not settling for taco bell. Or was it shopping at Nordstroms not the thrift shop and Ross dress for less.......whatever......
    I was going to post this b4 I got side tracked. While I'm not a big Swisher tan, Upton and Swisher would be a really good off season.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    vCash
    1500
    What about the idea of signing Stephen Drew to play 3rd, and then leaving Prado out in LF. Prado is a more than capable fielder out there and Drew would be a relatively cheap option at third with a decent bat and very good glove. We could splurge on CF if we went that route.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,071
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HickCaesar View Post
    What about the idea of signing Stephen Drew to play 3rd, and then leaving Prado out in LF. Prado is a more than capable fielder out there and Drew would be a relatively cheap option at third with a decent bat and very good glove. We could splurge on CF if we went that route.
    Drew .223/.309/.348/.657
    Francisco .234/.278/.432/.710

    Going to have to pass on Drew. If we are going to go with a guy that's LH with a low OBP and are looking for cheap, we already have that. Unless FW thinks Drew can really turn it around next season
    Last edited by SB75; 11-26-2012 at 05:05 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,291
    vCash
    1500
    This is a message board. If you don't want him to quote you, you have two options. Ignore him, or don't post.

    That being said. I agree with the pass on Drew. Left handed, better outfielders available with Prado able to play third.
    Please come join me on the Hawks forums.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,180
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I was going to post this b4 I got side tracked. While I'm not a big Swisher tan, Upton and Swisher would be a really good off season.
    Sure, BOTH would be good, but not just Nick Swisher. That's a terrible offseason. To update my previous comment: I thought Wren said we were going to Bats 5th Avenue, not Cody Ross Dress For Less.
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,924
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting UGGLA View Post
    Sure, BOTH would be good, but not just Nick Swisher. That's a terrible offseason. To update my previous comment: I thought Wren said we were going to Bats 5th Avenue, not Cody Ross Dress For Less.
    It won't be Only Swisher, but if we get him and a lesser ranked OF it won't be terrible, it won't be great but not terrible.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    4,011
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    It won't be Only Swisher, but if we get him and a lesser ranked OF it won't be terrible, it won't be great but not terrible.
    In other words, it wont be an upgrade over last year. Swisher is cool and all, but for some reason, not statistically, i question him. Its Just me though
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,331
    vCash
    1500
    no, it's not just you because i've been anti-swisher since his name first came up.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS




    "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,071
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jwn0303 View Post
    This is a message board. If you don't want him to quote you, you have two options. Ignore him, or don't post.

    That being said. I agree with the pass on Drew. Left handed, better outfielders available with Prado able to play third.

    Even with that being said, meesage boards, blogs, or anything else, have to have some kind of respect and rules. If a person has no interest in debating you and ask to be left alone and ignores you for the better part of the year, you should at some point grant those wishes. That's just a lack of respect for yourself and all others.

    Without that you have the 3 and 4 day pissing contest that looses all content of what the original post was about, that he seems to enjoy. It's needless and pointless. If you want to ramble your beliefs about what the Braves should or shouldn't do, do so. However do it without including and missrepresenting my post.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    4,011
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    no, it's not just you because i've been anti-swisher since his name first came up.
    +1
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    vCash
    1500
    Christian Bethancourt added to our 40-man. Looks like we'll get a chance to look at him for a bit in season unless he completely blows it in Spring Training.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,924
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    In other words, it wont be an upgrade over last year. Swisher is cool and all, but for some reason, not statistically, i question him. Its Just me though
    let's compare Swisher numbers to Upton.

    Swisher career numbers:

    13.3 BB% 21.3 K% .211 ISO .256 AVG .362 OBP .359 wOBA 120 wRC+

    BJ Upton career numbers:

    10.6 BB% 25.1 K% .167 ISO .255 AVG .336 OBP .333 wOBA 107 wRC+

    Both of those players are very good defensively, and Upton its a much better baserunner. Taking those two things in mind Upton produce 0.00568 WAR per PA while Swisher produce 0.00524 per PA. Statistically those player are similar, i'd rather have Upton because he is younger and can play CF but if we get a good CF, Swisher would probably give us the same amount of value for the first 2-3 years of the contract then he probably going to decline while Upton will be in his prime.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,180
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/atlanta_braves/index.html

    Sweet, we at least looked into Fowler! BTW, I think we'll get Upton this week. Maybe then we can go get Upton 2??
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    St. Simon's Island
    Posts
    6,642
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting UGGLA View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/atlanta_braves/index.html

    Sweet, we at least looked into Fowler! BTW, I think we'll get Upton this week. Maybe then we can go get Upton 2??
    Yuck.

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •