Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Red Sox got Beefareeno for 39 million, 3 years. THANK GOD!!!! Now we can put all that crappy talk to rest! Pagan is out as SF already resigned. Better options are out there to trade for anyway.
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

vCash
    My opinion on the hole in LF:

Josh Willingham: Frank Wren is smarter than a peanut, so he's obviously looking into this option, but I'm not sure if Minnesota would be looking into this. I think they really should be, but reports say they aren't. If we traded for him, we'd have a cost-controlled, all-star-level left fielder for the next two years at least. He also comes with some risks, though: he's 33 and his defense is already on a decline. I would like Josh, but the most I'd trade for him is Graham, NOT JT or Delgado.

Alex Gordon: I think Gordon is my favorite option out of all of them, but he's not without risks either. He's another left-handed hitter, and would likely cost us one of JT or Delgado with some other prospects added in. Even with those two mentioned, though, I think he's the best option. He's not a free agent until 2016, he's cheap and he's only 28. Even though he's not that fast, he could definitely be our leadoff hitter: he owns a .372 OBP over the past two years. He's great defensively and will be with us for at least the next 3 years if we do trade for him, not to mention those will be his prime years. It just makes too much sense for him to be our #1 option.

Justin Upton: Upton's probably the least likely of these 3 guys, but I don't think it would be wise to rule him out just yet. It seems Arizona is unwilling to trade Upton if they don't receive Andrelton back, but I'm glad to see that Wren is reportedly not going to trade Simba. I don't think this option is likely, but if Frank Wren can turn on his Billy Mays switch and sell Ahmed as a blue-chip SS prospect, maybe something could be worked out. Obviously I'd be ecstatic to have both Upton boys playing together in Atlanta.

vCash
    ^I agree with that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post

Josh Willingham: Frank Wren is smarter than a peanut, so he's obviously looking into this option, but I'm not sure if Minnesota would be looking into this. I think they really should be, but reports say they aren't. If we traded for him, we'd have a cost-controlled, all-star-level left fielder for the next two years at least. He also comes with some risks, though: he's 33 and his defense is already on a decline. I would like Josh, but the most I'd trade for him is Graham, NOT JT or Delgado.

Alex Gordon: I think Gordon is my favorite option out of all of them, but he's not without risks either. He's another left-handed hitter, and would likely cost us one of JT or Delgado with some other prospects added in. Even with those two mentioned, though, I think he's the best option. He's not a free agent until 2016, he's cheap and he's only 28. Even though he's not that fast, he could definitely be our leadoff hitter: he owns a .372 OBP over the past two years. He's great defensively and will be with us for at least the next 3 years if we do trade for him, not to mention those will be his prime years. It just makes too much sense for him to be our #1 option.

Justin Upton: Upton's probably the least likely of these 3 guys, but I don't think it would be wise to rule him out just yet. It seems Arizona is unwilling to trade Upton if they don't receive Andrelton back, but I'm glad to see that Wren is reportedly not going to trade Simba. I don't think this option is likely, but if Frank Wren can turn on his Billy Mays switch and sell Ahmed as a blue-chip SS prospect, maybe something could be worked out. Obviously I'd be ecstatic to have both Upton boys playing together in Atlanta.
    I think they might try Simmons at lead off over Gordon. Just my opinion though. I agree with everything else as well
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post

Sure, these are 3 good names for us, but there are still more possibilities:

Carlos Quentin
    Yoenis Cepedes
    Ryan Ludwick
    Curtis Granderson
    David Murphy
    Justin Ruggiano (Take a look at this guys stats. For just 91 games, 13 HR, a .535 SLG%, 14SBs, .374 OBP......
    Choo
    Nick Markakis (good stats too)

Convert a RF:
    Ben Zobrist
    Garrett Jones

Others I hope we don't get:
    Ross
    Crisp
    Swisher
    Ibanez

Not likely:
    Corey Hart
    Josh Reddick
    Cargo
    Hamilton
    Allen Craig

vCash
    I think we not gonna get nothing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brave/cuban View Post
    I think we not gonna get nothing
    You are right, we will get someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting UGGLA View Post
    Sure, these are 3 good names for us, but there are still more possibilities:

Carlos Quentin
    Yoenis Cepedes
    Ryan Ludwick
    Curtis Granderson
    David Murphy
    Justin Ruggiano (Take a look at this guys stats. For just 91 games, 13 HR, a .535 SLG%, 14SBs, .374 OBP......
    Choo
    Nick Markakis (good stats too)

Convert a RF:
    Ben Zobrist
    Garrett Jones

Others I hope we don't get:
    Ross
    Crisp
    Swisher
    Ibanez

Not likely:
    Corey Hart
    Josh Reddick
    Cargo
    Hamilton

Allen Craig
    All the guys in bold are either guys I don't want/guys who would cost too much.

vCash
    $13 million per year for Victorino during his age 32-34 years? Upton at $15 million for his 28-32 years sounds a heck of a lot better to me.

vCash
    I'm ready for some more deals!

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    The Red Sox should be willing to move Jacoby now. He fits the mold that FW has been describing as more athletic and is a lead-off hitter. However the fact that he's often injured and only has one year left on his deal is a bit scary. I wonder what they want?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    The Red Sox should be willing to move Jacoby now. He fits the mold that FW has been describing as more athletic and is a lead-off hitter. However the fact that he's often injured and only has one year left on his deal is a bit scary. I wonder what they want?
    I was thinking the same thing, I even started a new topic wondering what it would cost Atlanta to acquire him.

vCash
    For those that have seen Alex Gordon play and I do mean have actually seen him play not just looking at stats...... Can you answer a few questions for me:

1) How's his defense in LF? His range, Arm, speed, and read off the bat?

2) I can see he stole 17 and 10 bases the last 2 years. How is his base running? Is he being held back a little? Could he swipe more? Does he take the extra base? Is he aggressive on the base pads?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnsrq View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, I even started a new topic wondering what it would cost Atlanta to acquire him.
    Its worth it to at least ask if and what they would like in a trade for him.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnsrq View Post
    Yea.... Ell's is another one of those guys like BJ and Justin, that I have kept my eye on over the years. Please tell me he's not a Scott Boras guy?

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast