Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballislife7 View Post
    I know its mlbtraderumors but they have Dan Haren signing with the Nats for 1 year 13 million. They replace Jackson with Haren. Still a sick rotation.
    Yep. They got a strong rotation. Really hope we make a trade for either Gordon or J. Upton to improve our lineup. Don't want to stick with what we have in left field...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    As it was reported, FW has said BJ is the starting CF. Thats why they're searching for .a LF now The Braves paid him to be in CF. He hadnt even played LF since 6 years ago, and it was for 1 game. No links or anything but it has been written by DOB and Mark Bowman.
    what you just said is garbage. 'written by dob and bowman' but no links? how can we take you seriously?
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Willingham just seems like such an obvious guy to go after. He's cheap, was super productive last year, and the Twins are absolutely desperate for young arms, which is the one thing we have in spades.

vCash
    If we traded for Asdrubal, Send Simmons on over to to the Dbacks. Id take that line up any day.

Prado
    Cabrera
    J. Upton
    Heyward
    B. Upton
    Freeman
    Uggla
    McCann

We would have to cut a few million somewhere.... But that's sick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    If we traded for Asdrubal, Send Simmons on over to to the Dbacks. Id take that line up any day.

Prado
    Cabrera
    J. Upton
    Heyward
    B. Upton
    Freeman
    Uggla
    McCann

God no that lineup alone would cost the braves at least 2 if not all 3 of JT, minor, and Delgado. Nick A would certainly be gone, and more than likely another top spec and BP arm.

If we get arguably the two best players from the deal that means we are shelling out the most. I honestly might not have even scratched the surface on that deal idk.

vCash
    the janish is a brave!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    .................................................. ..................................

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HickCaesar View Post
    Willingham just seems like such an obvious guy to go after. He's cheap, was super productive last year, and the Twins are absolutely desperate for young arms, which is the one thing we have in spades.
    After trading Span, the Twins plan on keeping Willingham according to Phil Mackey of Minneapolis' ESPN 1500 :http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/M...meetings120212

Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post

Prado
    Cabrera
    J. Upton
    Heyward
    B. Upton
    Freeman
    Uggla
    McCann

We would move Asdrubal or make a 3 team trade with Arizona NOT trade Simmons. Also that is too many moving parts. If AZ is the team, Kubel starts to look more like a possibility, as we have already interacted with them and they covet Simmons, who were not moving. Kubel has good power but I'm not sure he really is the fit FW is looking for.

vCash
    ^
    I was responding to the post speculating the braves made an offer for cabrera and the prospect of them moving a SS for upton. If you are going to flip one, why not keep the more proven one is all im saying.

I dont see you having to give up more to get upton in the package with simmons than you would with Cabrera, and granted I could be totally wrong. And if its true that you would, I wouldnt do it. My thoughts were....
    2 years of control at ~7mil for Cabrera or 7 cheap years from Simmons. Id want simmons.

vCash
    If Wren was honest about that whole "getting younger and more athletic" comment at Upton's presser, that would seem to eliminate guys like Willingham, Kubel, Victorino, etc. (Even though I'm still somewhat bullish on Josh).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    what you just said is garbage. 'written by dob and bowman' but no links? how can we take you seriously?
    They have their own stories. Why would you pay a guy 75 mil just to switch him around. Are you dumb? If we were going to move him to LF, then why are we looking for a LF now. That shows they aren't thinking about moving him to left. Its common sense. You dont need a link to figure that one out, just use your head. If you want a team that lies and go through their players like its nothing, go be a Marlins fan.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post

But just for kicks...

"@ajcbraves You 100% sure on that? It doesn't make sense to put the better defender in LF.
    Expand
    10:45 AM - 29 Nov 12 Details
    29 Nov David O'Brien David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves

@ajcbraves @kingofgames3 If you sign guy for $75 million to be center fielder, and give him assurances he's CF, not good to immediately move him to LF"
    DOB. no matter what you say, unlike you guys, he is actually around the team and he actually talks to FW.
    Last edited by westside; 12-04-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    I still want Upton over any other option right now. I think Wren can find a third team to deal a SS to Arizona to make it happen. Hopefully he can do this and only give away a limited number of prospects. If we can get Justin without giving up BOTH Delgado and Tehran, I'll be happy. Then we could work on bench additions, hopefully, a much easier task. I'm anxious to see what our bench will look like once complete.
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

vCash
    Several reads and interviews have said Upton was signed to be CF....you don't establish bad credit by giving a guy $15 mill/yr....and then move his position that he signed for.

Reports say Braves and Dbacks have decided there is no fit for an Upton trade

Younger and more athletic seems to me like the move they are trying to make is Dexter Fowler. I think if I had to say we were getting anyone....it's Dexter at this point.

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#IELupyLy9jebsdv7.99

Although he cautions that the Royals aren't actively looking to move Wil Myers, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com tweets that Kansas City is "definitely" more open to the idea of moving Myers than Butler.
    Instead of trading Hanson, i would have love if we build a package around Minor for Myers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Several reads and interviews have said Upton was signed to be CF....you don't establish bad credit by giving a guy $15 mill/yr....and then move his position that he signed for.

Reports say Braves and Dbacks have decided there is no fit for an Upton trade

Younger and more athletic seems to me like the move they are trying to make is Dexter Fowler. I think if I had to say we were getting anyone....it's Dexter at this point.
    I think Fowler would be a huge mistake. Gordon would be a good fit for our lineup...

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast