Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnsrq View Post
    If the Braves can pick up Justin, I can see the Braves trying to trade Uggla to free up some money, so they can lock up some of their younger players along with looking for a 2nd or 3rd baseman and whatever position they fill first and putting Prado at the other position along with a multiyear contract extension.
    Uggla's value has never been lower. Its not prudent to trade him right now. We would have to eat a large amount of that contract. Man, if Uggla and Bmac could get healty/their act together, we would have such a dangerous lineup.

vCash
    Yep, he chose us over the Yankee's
    It might happen again

vCash
    Yeah, the Yankees wined and dined him, and that was at a time when the two biggest free agents on the markets were Maddux and Barry Bonds. Leo Mazzone said the Braves decision makers felt they had to choose between one or the other. The team had just been to the World Series back to back years and come up short, so they were really in "win now" mode and believed the bigger need was a Number 1 starter. The circumstances aren't the same now, but they are in position to get over another hump.

vCash
    WE DONT NEED GRIENKE!! Whats more important, another pitcher wgo might duplicate his previous numbers? Or locking up Medlen, Heyward, Freeman, Prado, Kimbrel. Do you know how badly that would handicap us? Giving one player 20% of our payroll isnt a smart move. He then becomes virtually untradable unless you eat a ton of money. You have to think smarter than just trying to get the best FA available
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    I'm not arguing for or against Greinke, but we can't honestly say the Braves would be WS favorites even if we got Upton or any one player. Don't get me wrong, I'd love adding either Upton or Greinke or whomever else, but my point is right now we're still chasing the Giants, Cards, and Nats. One of those moves MAYBE puts us on equal footing, but it doesn't guarantee anything. Our #2/#3 starter is still a fading Tim Hudson. That's why we (fans) are looking for creative ways to do more.

vCash
    In discussing Dexter Fowler with the Braves, the Rockies asked for Mike Minor, according to David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution (Twitter link).
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#xpWTbIC9DLWdDMGG.99
    MLBtr.com

vCash
    Creative? yes. but the money is simply not there. We would have to free up at least 16 more million just to make an offer. That then leaves us with more holes to fill and almost no money to do it.

vCash
    Wren must have laughed Dan O'Dowd off the line when he asked for 5 years of a young lefty with major league success for 3 (expensive) years of his Coors Field mirage.

vCash
    We resigned Janish.

Any chance he goes to Arizona?

vCash
    Pagan is off the board, staying in SF. Doesn't really affect us but maybe Philly has to overpay for bourn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRyback View Post
    Pagan is off the board, staying in SF. Doesn't really affect us but maybe Philly has to overpay for bourn.
    Now that the market is thinning, I can see them resigning Victorino. Bourn could end up with Texas. Thats Boras' fault that he takes so long. Now bourn has like 2 teams who legit need a CF. Wont get nearly as much as he thought he would

vCash
    I can't wait to see how much money Bourn gets. People can say he's running out of options in terms of landing spots, but I've already learned my lesson about doubting Boras in negotiations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    I can't wait to see how much money Bourn gets. People can say he's running out of options in terms of landing spots, but I've already learned my lesson about doubting Boras in negotiations.
    Yeah, I doubt he gets more than BJ though. The market has pretty much taken shape. I doubt someone will pay that much for a speed centric player. I say 4 years 52 mil. Maybe more depends on who bids for him

vCash
    Grienke is not even an option.
    Bourn will not be overpaid now in philly...if anything he is cheaper now..but, I agree you never doubt Boras...he could easily be in pinstripes for 5/85...never doubt Boras
    Fowler for Minor...maybe..prefer to give up Delegado. Fowler may be a Coors hitter, but he is young, freakishky athletic, and has only hit LH for 5 yrs of his life. He would be an ideal leadoff in ATL because of his speed and upside

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Grienke is not even an option.
    Bourn will not be overpaid now in philly...if anything he is cheaper now..but, I agree you never doubt Boras...he could easily be in pinstripes for 5/85...never doubt Boras
    Fowler for Minor...maybe..prefer to give up Delegado. Fowler may be a Coors hitter, but he is young, freakishky athletic, and has only hit LH for 5 yrs of his life. He would be an ideal leadoff in ATL because of his speed and upside
    As of today I agree with the bold. But I caution, that opinion is subject to change.....

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast