Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Looks like Ryan Sweeney is going to be non-tendered by Red Sox. If we actually snag Justin Upton we'll be in the market for a lefty outfield bench bat. He seems like a fine pickup for that.
    Rather resign Reed, who can fill in all three and PH well.

vCash
    Sweeney can spell in center as well. I like Johnson too but he's a right hander and, believe it or not, this team would be RH heavy if we got J Upton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    That would be fine by me. As Upton should provide more power and play better defense through the life of his contract.
    Agreed.. I like how we are making them scramble.

vCash
    jonmorosi
    Will be interested to see if #Braves check in with Mark Reynolds. Atlanta has LH-hitting corner infielders, he is nice bat to have.
    Super charged Uggla.... I'll pass. He was also terrible at 3rd as well.
    Last edited by Wrench; 12-01-2012 at 12:02 AM.

vCash
    Giancarlo Stanton ----> trade for him. have 14 million to play with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Atl Bill View Post
    There's no way we could trade for Stanton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    jonmorosi

Reynolds was pretty good at 3rd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderKid318 View Post
    On a perfect day? yes he was good. But dude is a mix of Francoeur and Uggla, jacked on caffeine. Swings at whatever passes him. Im good on Reynolds.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderKid318 View Post
    His -48.3 UZR/150 says otherwise, 142nd of 158.

11' was a bit better at a -30.3, 142nd of 162.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    So you would give up Tommy boy and Delgado for Willingham?? If so, I can't say I share your sentiments.
    I meant it might require Delgado instead of Hanson. Of course, the point is moot now. I don't think you'll get Willingham for anything less than Delgado.

Ryan Raburn over Reed? Hope not....
    Hard to say. Raburn isn't as good of a hitter as Johnson, but Raburn plays a lot more positions, which could be useful. Of course, cost could also be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    I would be ok with Swisher, Cody Ross, Willingham, Gordon or Justin Upton...
    One of these things is not like the others. (Hint: It rhymes with Roadie Boss.)

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Something that could temper expectations. I know the popular theory is that uniting the Uptons would unlock their potential. It would be an expensive theory to test.
    It would be an expensive theory to test, but I think the Braves have to test it. Mid-market teams in today's competitive landscape have to be willing to take risks. The Reds paid a lot to test the theory that Joey Votto is going to be worth $225 million. The Rockies paid a combined $240 million to test the theory that Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez are going to hold their value. Prospects are of low marginal value to the Braves, who are trying to win now, before their current core gets too expensive to keep. It's time to move young 'uns for more proven players, and B.J. and Justin both are still solid contributors even if they don't bust out and become ultra-superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    we can do better and cheaper than justin. his splits are bad, he's had tons of maturity issues, and he's not worth 2 starters, let alone one of them being delgado. i hope we stay away from him.
    The splits are bad, but sometimes you have to have faith in a hitter's talent, that he can adjust to a new ballpark. Even if Turner Field knocks him down somewhat, his breakout potential could easily make up for that and more. Also, can you link to his maturity issues? And share with us who you think is both better AND cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Getting UGGLA View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/
    We claim David Carpenter?
    Nothing wrong with that. Recently converted from catching, so he's still learning how to pitch, and he's got mid-90s heat and a workable breaking ball. Along with Walden, he only makes it easier for the Braves to move a reliever for an outfielder.

He pitched poorly in 2012. That's why he's a reclamation project. See: Durbin, Chad, 2010-2011.
    He's only a reclamation project for Lady Luck. He had a .422 BABIP last season, and that ain't gonna happen again. Durbin had the same issue; it wasn't the Braves' magic that brought him back to usefulness. Just luck reversal.

Moylan and Jurrjens non-tendered. No surprise there.
    Sad to see Jurrjens go this way. Should've been traded about six different times since 2009, but the Braves just let his value waste away to nothing. Big missed opportunity. Also will be sad to see Moylan in another uniform. He could re-sign on a minor-league deal, but you have to figure (now that he's healthy) that another team can give him a much better opportunity. Surprised to see Janish retained, given that he may not be ready to start the season and he can't hit even when healthy. He was non-tendered and re-signed last season, so it's interesting that the Braves felt it would be necessary to give him a raise in order to keep him.

Looks like Ryan Sweeney is going to be non-tendered by Red Sox. If we actually snag Justin Upton we'll be in the market for a lefty outfield bench bat. He seems like a fine pickup for that.
    Good observation. Can't hit lefties, but if the Braves replace Chipper and Bourn with a pair of RHBs, the Braves wouldn't really care.

Yeah, it's pretty impossible to see where Reynolds would fit. He isn't a third baseman or a left fielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Atl Bill View Post
    Even if the Marlins were willing to trade him (which they're not), the Braves wouldn't have the pieces to acquire him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    I meant it might require Delgado instead of Hanson. Of course, the point is moot now. I don't think you'll get Willingham for anything less than Delgado.

Hard to say. Raburn isn't as good of a hitter as Johnson, but Raburn plays a lot more positions, which could be useful. Of course, cost could also be a factor.

One of these things is not like the others. (Hint: It rhymes with Roadie Boss.)

It would be an expensive theory to test, but I think the Braves have to test it. Mid-market teams in today's competitive landscape have to be willing to take risks. The Reds paid a lot to test the theory that Joey Votto is going to be worth $225 million. The Rockies paid a combined $240 million to test the theory that Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez are going to hold their value. Prospects are of low marginal value to the Braves, who are trying to win now, before their current core gets too expensive to keep. It's time to move young 'uns for more proven players, and B.J. and Justin both are still solid contributors even if they don't bust out and become ultra-superstars.

The splits are bad, but sometimes you have to have faith in a hitter's talent, that he can adjust to a new ballpark. Even if Turner Field knocks him down somewhat, his breakout potential could easily make up for that and more. Also, can you link to his maturity issues? And share with us who you think is both better AND cheaper?

Nothing wrong with that. Recently converted from catching, so he's still learning how to pitch, and he's got mid-90s heat and a workable breaking ball. Along with Walden, he only makes it easier for the Braves to move a reliever for an outfielder.

He's only a reclamation project for Lady Luck. He had a .422 BABIP last season, and that ain't gonna happen again. Durbin had the same issue; it wasn't the Braves' magic that brought him back to usefulness. Just luck reversal.

Sad to see Jurrjens go this way. Should've been traded about six different times since 2009, but the Braves just let his value waste away to nothing. Big missed opportunity. Also will be sad to see Moylan in another uniform. He could re-sign on a minor-league deal, but you have to figure (now that he's healthy) that another team can give him a much better opportunity. Surprised to see Janish retained, given that he may not be ready to start the season and he can't hit even when healthy. He was non-tendered and re-signed last season, so it's interesting that the Braves felt it would be necessary to give him a raise in order to keep him.

Good observation. Can't hit lefties, but if the Braves replace Chipper and Bourn with a pair of RHBs, the Braves wouldn't really care.

Yeah, it's pretty impossible to see where Reynolds would fit. He isn't a third baseman or a left fielder.

Even if the Marlins were willing to trade him (which they're not), the Braves wouldn't have the pieces to acquire him.
    So Stanton have more value for you than JHeyward?

vCash
    What about Alfonso Soriano? Well he strikes out a lot too but if Chicago is willing to eat about 80% of his salary why not?

vCash
    no thanks for soriano. if it's between him and prado in lf, i'd pick prado.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/sta...91165157736448
    Interesting schuerholz said not to count out #braves on greinke. atl may be best locale. would still be shock due to $

vCash
    Don't have 20M to give to him. Anyone who thinks we are going for a pitcher is nuts.

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast