Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Offseason Thread #2

Last one went over 1,000; let's continue the discussion in this one!

vCash
    If we are rolling over to this one BK can we get the original locked?
    Cpl Devildog
    USMC

Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

vCash
    •Orioles Executive Vice President Dan Duquette told Jim Bowden of SiriusXM (via Twitter) that the club should not be expected to go after "high ticket" acquisitions this winter and doesn't see them doing anything as major as the Blue Jays' mega-deal. The O's have been mentioned as a player for Josh Hamilton but ESPN.com's Buster Olney recently cautioned that they're not expected to be overly aggressive in their pursuit of him.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#K3jzghavlA8eusC5.99
    Stark hears that Josh Hamilton is no longer on the Phillies' list, and Amaro said they "haven't been given a real budget. I know it's not unlimited, but that's not usually how we work."
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/josh_h...GKE6ZyH6JrP.99
    With the Philly's and O's either saying they where out or cautioning fans expectaions of the going after Josh and the Red Sox allegedly going hard after Nick swisher..... I woonder if FW would still have interest in Josh even after signing BJ Upton?

vCash
    No way the Braves have the room for Upton and Hamilton. That is $30M at bare minimum. Probably closer to $35M.

vCash
    Would be nice but no... not happening
    Cpl Devildog
    USMC

Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

vCash
    i don't want Hamilton anyway.

vCash
    hamilton is going to go to a team that is on the border of being a playoff team and they are going to pay dearly for his services! We are a playoff team, but this team lacks health and he is not your ideal signing if you lack health lol

vCash
    I think he's too risky, especially for the price he's asking for...

vCash
    Hopefully we sign someone before offseason #3

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    With the Philly's and O's either saying they where out or cautioning fans expectaions of the going after Josh and the Red Sox allegedly going hard after Nick swisher..... I woonder if FW would still have interest in Josh even after signing BJ Upton?
    I just don't see why you're so obsessed with interpreting every rumor tidbit to make the Braves look like players for Hamilton. They're not, and they're not going to be unless something ridiculous happens. Signing Upton at $15 million per year and Hamilton at $22 million per year would push the 2013 payroll close to $110 million. Unless you're planning to make a big donation, it ain't happening.

Given the Braves' budgetary constraints and the risk associated with Hamilton, it just doesn't make any sense at all.

vCash
    Dude! I've asked you in the past and now I'm telling you! Stop qouting me with your BS! You just things that others ate not typing to argue your agenda. Your weak attempt at internet bullying has gone on long enough. Grow up and leave me alone!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22
    Hopefully we sign someone before offseason #3
    Winter meetings are next Monday-Thursday, so we should have news of multiple moves by then.

vCash
    Dude! I've asked you in the past and now I'm telling you! Stop qouting me with your BS! You just things that others ate not typing to argue your agenda. Your weak attempt at internet bullying has gone on long enough. Grow up and leave me alone!
    this x infinity
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Seriously, just click "ignore" if this is such a problem. Then not everyone has to read through posts that pertain to nothing.

vCash
    Seeing all kinds of Nick Swisher rumors today on mlbtraderumors.com. Man this bites. I thought Wren said he was going to be getting us a steak dinner and lobster tail, not settling for taco bell. Or was it shopping at Nordstroms not the thrift shop and Ross dress for less.......whatever......
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros