Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I love Vargas at home, hate him on the road. Our park and defense make him look like a #2/3 when he is really a #4. His contract may not be appealing either. One year of arb, most likely around $6-7M. But who knows, they got Santana at $11M and Guthrie at like $8M.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Bringing up all these hypotheticals, i still think a lot of these GMs are too attached to their prospects to deal any of them.

Whether it's Alderson to Wheeler, Moore to Myers, or Zduriencik to Hultzen.

They are great ideas in theory, i just don't see any of them happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Yeah, I mentioned Jeremy Hellickson before. Someone like those two would be best for KC, if they're playing more for the near future and not going all out for 2013.
    Wil Myers for Jeremy Hellickson, Really?

Hellickson can't carry Myers' jock strap.

vCash
    One is proven, the other isnt.

Proven players with some potential left > prospects with more potential

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell133 View Post

If the Royals are looking to compete now (and from the 2 SP moves they made this offseason they look like they want to) Hellickson is certainly an option.

He's young (25), an effective RHP with upside, and under control till he becomes a FA in 2017.

How does a pitcher with proven major league success not able to hold the jock strap of a prospect that is all hype to this point and hasn't proven anything yet?

It's a pity people don't understand that concept.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-25-2012 at 10:07 PM.

vCash

How many homeruns has Myers hit in the majors? How about hits? Okay, at least he's played more games at the major league level, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    How many homeruns has Myers hit in the majors? How about hits? Okay, at least he's played more games at the major league level, right?
    What are you talking about MF?

Remember there are only young hyped players that end up being busts in the NFL, NBA, and NHL..

Never in baseball!!
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-25-2012 at 10:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If the Royals are looking to compete now (and from the 2 SP moves they made this offseason they look like they want to) Hellickson is certainly an option.

He's young (25), an effective RHP with upside, and under control till he becomes a FA in 2017.

How does a pitcher with proven major league success not able to hold the jock strap of a prospect that is all hype to this point and hasn't proven anything yet?

It's a pity people don't understand that concept.
    Jeremy Hellickson had a BABIP of .223 and .261 in 2011/2012 respectively.
    His FIP/xFIP have all remained above 4.40 and his WAR over the last two seasons is 2.4.

The common theme is luck and almost replacement level pitching.

He's young and controllable, but the fact that he's controlled by Boras certainly wouldn't excite the Royals as much as you think.

Wil Myers could give the Royals 2.4 WAR with his bat/defense alone next season.

vCash
    Jeremy Hellickson had a BABIP of .223 and .261 in 2011/2012 respectively.
    His FIP/xFIP have all remained above 4.40 and his WAR over the last two seasons is 2.4.

The common theme is luck and almost replacement level pitching.

He's young and controllable, but the fact that he's controlled by Boras certainly wouldn't excite the Royals as much as you think.
    They certainly would have time to worry about that till he was a FA in 2017.

It's 2013 and if the Royals are concerned with winning now, that's a move i am sure they would consider making.

Remember this is a team that just gave Jeremy Guthrie 3yrs/25 million dollars and acquired Ervin Santana for 13 million dollars hours before he was to become a FA (his option which would have been declined)

Questionable moves have been the Royals forte this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They certainly would have time to worry about that till he was a FA in 2017.

It's 2013 and if the Royals are concerned with winning now, that's a move i am sure they would consider making.

Remember this is a team that just gave Jeremy Guthrie 3yrs/25 million dollars and acquired Ervin Santana for 13 million dollars hours before he was to become a FA (his option which would have been declined)

Questionable moves have been the Royals forte this offseason.
    If you re-read my post, you'll understand why it's completely ridiculous to believe the Royals would even consider doing move. They MAY trade Myers for a controllable ace a la David Price/Chris Sale/etc, but why would that ever happen?

Wil Myers will not be traded. Expect him to be the AL ROY next year and we can laugh at the though of trading him for a 1.4 WAR pitcher (Hellickson).

vCash
    AL ROY for the Rays maybe.

vCash
    If you re-read my post, you'll understand why it's completely ridiculous to believe the Royals would even consider doing move. They MAY trade Myers for a controllable ace a la David Price/Chris Sale/etc, but why would that ever happen?

Wil Myers will not be traded. Expect him to be the AL ROY next year and we can laugh at the though of trading him for a 1.4 WAR pitcher (Hellickson).
    It might be completely ridiculous but if you read my post, the Royals have been making ridiculous a commonplace this offseason.

While i doubt Myers gets dealt, i could see if the Royals wanted to compete this year they would use their most valuable asset to acquire a SP that they believe can help them get to the playoffs.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-25-2012 at 11:11 PM.

vCash
    The Royals should hold out and see how the market develops, i am sure there will be plenty of teams that bite on Myers.

They have all the leverage and they should use it appropriately.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-26-2012 at 03:27 AM.

vCash
    while Hellickson has had some good numbers, he isn't really what I would be looking at. Hellickson already has 3 years of MLB experience. (2010 counts right?)
    Matt Moore only has 1 year of experience. (2011 does not count?)
    the longer they can control a starting pitcher for cheaper the better they will be, and I think what they should be looking at.
    but maybe we need to remember this is Kansas City Royals. if it was me I would rather be looking to trade either Butler or Gordon. wouldn't Butler be the ideal move for them? Hosmer is 1B, so Butler is the full time DH. with more interleague games next season and more games in NL parks, one of Butler or Hosmer are going to be missing games.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Myers for Shields
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast