Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    Seeing your abs is about 70% nutrition. You have to be very disciplined in your diet to reach that goal. So is it the programs that aren't getting them the results or is it there own nutrition? Also have to take into account where they started at in the process. One round of p90x or Insanity isn't a miracle cure for someone who has a rather large body fat percentage.

I think your statement is rather misleading. Being those that fail its isn't the programs fault. Also heavy bulk then cut or p90x/Insanity is going to eventually get you to the same goal of seeing your abs. They are there for everyone though may not be super defined the are there without the program you prefer. There is a **** ton of core work in both p90x and Insanity as well.
    Everyone always says the "you get abs in the kitchen" line. And it's just not true. Obviously you have to eat right for any bodybuilding goal but you also have to train right - so to say one is more important than the other for a goal isn't accurate. You can't do one or the other and achieve more than modest goals.

For those that don't have the top genetics (we've all seen guys who don't know the first thing about nutrition and don't train at all with 6 packs) you generally need to build muscle and lose body fat. The most efficient way generally (I keep saying generally because everyone is different) is to do a slow bulk (6 months +) and a slow cut and just hammer the compound lifts along with your core work.

I don't agree with everything leangains and don't actually IF myself but this is a great article and I agree with this parts especially:

For someone interested in aesthetics, which I assume most my readers are, relative strength is the single best measure of progress and the quality of your physique. Before seeing a picture of a client, I can easily get a very good idea of his or hers body composition by simply knowing three stats: weight, height and strength. Relative strength is therefore the parameter that will be used to determine reasonable rates of progress, which will then tell you whether you might be suffering of ****arounditis or not.
    Want to look like Tyler Durden? Then you need to build up some modest amount of muscle and then you need to lose fat, period. The muscle is best built with heavy weight training, not 15-25-rep set flyes followed by an hour in the pec deck machine. Your gut is best lost with a good diet, not "fat burning workouts"/tons of cardio/pump'n'tone crapola. All those will do is leave you under-muscled, weak and with a severe case of ****arounditis.
    http://www.leangains.com/2011/09/****arounditis.html

It's a solid article. I disagree with his outlook on training core but for different reasons. I think training the core is a tool to increase the compound lifts and there is no reason to ignore it.

Also to your last point about failing isn't the programs fault. I agree to an extent. You will get results with any program if you eat right and put the work in. However some programs are less efficient than others. I can't agree that a program that ignores heavy deadlifts and squats is an efficient program for a variety of goals.

*Not bashing p90x or Insanity I hate people who do that, there is nothing wrong with either bust your *** and get results*

vCash
    If your stuck with eating the yogurt are you adding anything into it? Adding a good granola and either fresh or frozen fruit would help beef up your breakfast. Just don't think your eating enough calories for breakfast.

And as far as the time goes. Are you just not waking up early enough to eat or are you already busy before breakfast? If its the former why not get up 30 minutes earlier and actually have time to sit down and have a decent breakfast?
    Sleep is important to me. Lol. 30 mins is a huge difference. But I'll probably jus stick with the yogurt and add some bulk to it. Stil easy and quick enough for me.

And...here...we...go...

vCash

Another Insanity Workout Journal

My husband got me started on the Insanity workouts which so far I'm feeling and seeing awesome results from. For Christmas I'm asking him for the Insanity Asylum Volume 2 -- which is a bit more intense but I think it'll be a great challenge for the both of us. Has anyone done this program yet??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walter01 View Post
    My husband got me started on the Insanity workouts which so far I'm feeling and seeing awesome results from. For Christmas I'm asking him for the Insanity Asylum Volume 2 -- which is a bit more intense but I think it'll be a great challenge for the both of us. Has anyone done this program yet??
    Best to do a round or three of Insanity before you tackle Asylum. Asylum is a masters level Insanity workout. Also if this is your first round of Insanity wait until you get to the second month before thinking about trying to tackle Asylum. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Best to do a round or three of Insanity before you tackle Asylum. Asylum is a masters level Insanity workout. Also if this is your first round of Insanity wait until you get to the second month before thinking about trying to tackle Asylum. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
    I was thinking I should probably do the Insanity at least another time before the Asylum so after seeing your post I'm definitely going to do so. Thanks for your advice!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walter01 View Post
    I was thinking I should probably do the Insanity at least another time before the Asylum so after seeing your post I'm definitely going to do so. Thanks for your advice!
    Though on the flip side if you do get it for Christmas it wouldn't hurt giving it a shot. Give it a try and see how you match up against the workout so you can get a good handle on exactly were you are and how far you need to go to be able to complete it.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash

Another Insanity Workout Journal

Since I'm going to be home for break, I'm going to do 5 weeks of insanity instead of buying a month membership.
    Since I did insanity before, I'm going to do the last week of month 1 to kinda get some cardio back/warmup, then jump into the 4 weeks of month 2

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Been awhile since I've updated you all.

Down about 20-25 pounds. Definitely noticeable at this point.

Month 2 is a *****. The hour long thing is what really gets me. Hard making time for it now. The intensity is much higher now too.

I've got about two more weeks left. Looking to drop another 10 or so.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Gave up yet?
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    Gave up yet?
    Not really. Haven't been getting to it every day I will admit. I've just been doing workouts that fit with the amount of time I have. If I only have 30 mins, I just do the pure cardio workout. If I've got an hour or so, I do one of the month 2 workouts.

I'm not really following the schedule anymore, but I'm still getting a workout on a daily basis.

And...here...we...go...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123