Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    Your diet is terrible and thats what is going to make your abs show.
    What's so terrible about it? Elaborate. Be constructive at least.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    It might take a while, but if you're constantly operating in a calorie deficit, you'll eventually see abs. Eating right is the key to losing fat. Some people prefer to cut out carbs, others fats, experiment with it and see what gives you the best results.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Abs are definitely built in the kitchen. I completed 2 rounds of P90x about 2 years ago and never saw my abs pop through. It was my own fault though. I thought I was eating clean and good but I wasn't and was not taking in enough protein by any means. I was in much better athletic shape, etc. but saw no abs. Lowering your body percentage is definitely the way to go and you need to be religous about your diet if you want your abs to show through.

It is definitely a good thing to work your abs though as they will get more defined and will have less distance to actually work their way before they pop out. Insanity came with a diet I'd recommend following it to a T in order to get the best results.

vCash
    Well I'm doing something right. Already lost 10 pounds!

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    What's so terrible about it? Elaborate. Be constructive at least.
    I will elaborate and also think your diet is horrible.

I am not following the nutrition guide, but I am following a pretty strict diet. I cut out all soda, white bread, potatoes, sweets, etc. I am also making sure my portion sizes are smaller than usual. I think I am doing pretty well with my own diet. A typical day is as follows:
    Breakfast - Cup of light yogurt
    Lunch - Whatever the cafeteria is serving, usually pretty good portion size
    Snack - A mix of raisins, almonds, sunflower seeds, and pretzels
    Supper - Usually centered around some type of meat with sides of some kind of vegetables

Usually I mix in my 8 cups of water and about 2 cups of milk per day.
    This is what you said you are eating. I went to the Beachbody site and plugged your stats into their caloric calculator. This is what it came up with (i put in lose a little weight)

The figures below are estimates of the number of calories you should eat every day in order to maintain your current weight or to reach your goal.

To Reach Your Goal: 2876 Maintain weight: 3126
    Not really knowing what your lunch or dinner is really makes nailing down your diet difficult. But guesstimating you are probably under eating for doing a program like Insanity. You need to start keeping a calorie count for a few days to see what you are actually consuming so you can make adjustments. Your breakfast is horrible in the fact that its not near enough. You are going to run the risk of hitting the wall when you get to the second month of Insanity. The first month is a cake walk compared to the second.

If you have a smart phone download myfitnesspal. It will help you keep a count of what you are consuming. Also may want to consider taking your lunch instead of the cafeteria so that you can have control on how many calories you are eating. If you want to see your abs you have to put the work in in the kitchen. It is all about eating whole/real foods and running a slight calorie deficit.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash

I am not following the nutrition guide, but I am following a pretty strict diet.

A question for the veterans of Insanity...
    When did you start to notice REAL results in the abs area? That is the main reason I am doing this after all.

Any thoughts and suggestions from anyone would be MUCH appreciated!
    Well, I'm not an insanity vet, I'm not even a vet period compared to most people on here. But one thing I will say about insanity (I did it for a month when I had no gym access), the meal plan and the journal are HUGE. They are really underrated. When I looked at the program, those two things really jumped out at me, because honestly if you're doing almost any type of decent workout for 45-90 min a day, 4 days a week, if you eat like that meal plan suggests, and you keep a journal, you will get very good results GUARANTEED. To me, the actual workouts itself were the least impressive thing about the program (don't get me wrong, it was still a very good, very solid workout, but it was nothing special, whereas the meal plan and journal was special).

And as everybody already said, diet will have way bigger effect on your abs than workout. It will be worth your time to somewhat follow the meal plan, even if not exactly at least close. I think it will play a much bigger part in your abs than the workout.

Hard to say WHEN your abs will start coming out, but lets say you're in shape but zero abs, maybe a bit of lovehandle, i'd say about 2 - 2.5 months and you'll start seeing some lines, mostly upper/outer area, with light lines on the side depending on the lighting

vCash
    Like I said, I've lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I like to think I've been doing something right. Maybe it's just the calorie deficit.

I did accidently do a month 2 workout about a week or 2 ago, and damn. Not fun. Lol.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Like I said, I've lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I like to think I've been doing something right. Maybe it's just the calorie deficit.

I did accidently do a month 2 workout about a week or 2 ago, and damn. Not fun. Lol.
    yea, definitely. And if along with the weight loss ur strength is increasing, then ur definitely on the right track.

vCash

There are lots of variables that can go into this outside of starting Insanity. What was your diet like prior to starting to watch what you ate? If you ate pretty much whatever you wanted its possible you had been over eating and that as much as anything could help explain the 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I still think in the diet you listed you are severely under eating. But I guess if your seeing results and are happy then stick with it.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    There are lots of variables that can go into this outside of starting Insanity. What was your diet like prior to starting to watch what you ate? If you ate pretty much whatever you wanted its possible you had been over eating and that as much as anything could help explain the 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I still think in the diet you listed you are severely under eating. But I guess if your seeing results and are happy then stick with it.
    Any suggestions for a better breakfast? The only reason I only eat yogurt, is because that's all I have time for. I've got like 5 minutes to eat a breakfast. Any type of suggestion would be great.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Any suggestions for a better breakfast? The only reason I only eat yogurt, is because that's all I have time for. I've got like 5 minutes to eat a breakfast. Any type of suggestion would be great.
    I would say have hard boiled eggs prepared the night before so you can just grab it and go

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Also, the Insanity abs workout was not enough for me. It just didn't work out my abs enough to reach the goal I wanted. I would even do the ab workout after other workouts instead of just pure cardio days.

Substitute this ab workout instead of insanity abs:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...45638519938565
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...04099147633519

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Not everyone can cut down and see abs. Best way to get abs is go on a long bulk and hammer compound lifts and strengthen the core as much as possible then slowly cutting down.

I made the mistake of wasting about 6 months initially by cutting down when there was nothing to cut down to. I look better today at 194 than I did with no muscle at 175.

I recommend getting on a strength based program and going on a long bulk before you ever think about cutting. Most people don't want to go this route but it's the most efficient for most people.

How many people attempt to do insanity or p90x with a goal of abs? Like 99%. How many reach that goal realistically? Like 2%.

Just saying what I've seen.

vCash
    If your stuck with eating the yogurt are you adding anything into it? Adding a good granola and either fresh or frozen fruit would help beef up your breakfast. Just don't think your eating enough calories for breakfast.

And as far as the time goes. Are you just not waking up early enough to eat or are you already busy before breakfast? If its the former why not get up 30 minutes earlier and actually have time to sit down and have a decent breakfast?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DLeeicious View Post
    Not everyone can cut down and see abs. Best way to get abs is go on a long bulk and hammer compound lifts and strengthen the core as much as possible then slowly cutting down.

I made the mistake of wasting about 6 months initially by cutting down when there was nothing to cut down to. I look better today at 194 than I did with no muscle at 175.

I recommend getting on a strength based program and going on a long bulk before you ever think about cutting. Most people don't want to go this route but it's the most efficient for most people.

How many people attempt to do insanity or p90x with a goal of abs? Like 99%. How many reach that goal realistically? Like 2%.

Just saying what I've seen.
    Seeing your abs is about 70% nutrition. You have to be very disciplined in your diet to reach that goal. So is it the programs that aren't getting them the results or is it there own nutrition? Also have to take into account where they started at in the process. One round of p90x or Insanity isn't a miracle cure for someone who has a rather large body fat percentage.

I think your statement is rather misleading. Being those that fail its isn't the programs fault. Also heavy bulk then cut or p90x/Insanity is going to eventually get you to the same goal of seeing your abs. They are there for everyone though may not be super defined the are there without the program you prefer. There is a **** ton of core work in both p90x and Insanity as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast