Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Did the Bulls make a mistake in not trading for Carmelo Anthony back in 2011?

Now in hindsight, did the Bulls make a mistake in not trading for Carmelo Anthony back in 2011?

At the time many felt it was just not worth it for the Bulls to trade both Luol Deng and Joakim Noah for Carmelo Anthony.

But that is for people who were just looking at the short term picture which was a year or two. Now it is quite obvious that had the Bulls done that deal and kept someone like Asik around who is playing well in Houston that when Rose did come back the Bulls would be a legit contender once again.

Had the Bulls traded Noah/Deng for Melo and kept Asik the lineup would be this with no Rose.

PG Hinrich
    SG Rip
    SF Melo
    PF Boozer
    C Asik

That would certainly be a top 3-4 seed in the East.

And with Rose back

Rose
    Rip
    Melo
    Boozer/Taj
    Asik

And that is certainly a championship team right there.

So I ask you the audience, did the Bulls make a mistake in not trading for Carmelo Anthony?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash

vCash
    JB, how many times do you have ask this question? I know I've seen this thread probably 10 times already...

Anyway, I don't buy that Melo's changed that much. His 3PT% isn't sustainable and he's never been a great defender. The all around game you get from Noah is more valuable than what you get from Asik IMO and Deng's still pretty good.