Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joba's value

vCash
    A poster on the Cubs' board with some possible contacts has mentioned that the Cubs are looking for reliever to starter type arms, and possibly listed Joba (can't remember) amongst the candidates. Also said the Cubs and Yankees seem to match up well as the Yankees are looking for a short term solution to losing Swisher, a late inning pen arm, and a 3B/utility player.

Was considering about a Alfonso Soriano, Carlos Marmol, and Josh Vitters swap for Joba, JR Murphy, Angelo Gumbs, and Brett Marshall?

vCash
    Soriano definitely proved he can still hit but there's no shot the yankees are going to take on that money. Marmol might be the worst closer in the history of baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    A poster on the Cubs' board with some possible contacts has mentioned that the Cubs are looking for reliever to starter type arms, and possibly listed Joba (can't remember) amongst the candidates. Also said the Cubs and Yankees seem to match up well as the Yankees are looking for a short term solution to losing Swisher, a late inning pen arm, and a 3B/utility player.

Was considering about a Alfonso Soriano, Carlos Marmol, and Josh Vitters swap for Joba, JR Murphy, Angelo Gumbs, and Brett Marshall?
    Soriano has 2yrs left at huge money which the Cubs are rumored to be willing to pick up alot of, Marmol is terrible and Vitters isn't much of a prospect anymore

Were going to need Joba with Soriano gone, the only way he's expendable is if they sign someone like Soria which i would do in a heart beat or maybe Madson. Murphy is a very solid catching prospect especially defensively. With the uncertainty with Romines back and Sanchez still a few yrs away we might need him to fill the gap. I love Gunbs and all he brings to the table, he has legit AS talent in the future. I'm expecting a huge yr out of him next yr, on thing to remember about him is just turned 20 and has already shown a great deal of talent. Marshall won't ever be a star but he;s going to be a solid back end of the rotation starter

i wouldn't want to trade anyone of our guys for anyone from that package. If they wanted to build a package around Joesph and Warren i'd be interested in taking Vitters off their hands but i really have no interest in the others

vCash
    joba for trout!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    joba for trout!
    I wish. But not going to happen.
    I say give one more year or atleast to the trade deadline. Somebody will take him and watch him dominate. If the yanks just left him alone and let him pitch.

vCash
    Never trade Joba. He's the best reliever ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Joba still resonates highly with the Yankee fan base and most, if not all, of us pull extra hard for him since he's been screwed up a bit by the team itself.

Personally, I'd rather keep him and give him a shot at Mo's replacement in 14.
    I also want to keep Joba and root really hard for him, but whether it's his fault or not, he seems like a bit of a headcase. I would be scared of him as the closer. That's aside from him losing his velocity.

But go Joba!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORT FAN View Post
    I wish. But not going to happen.
    I say give one more year or atleast to the trade deadline. Somebody will take him and watch him dominate. If the yanks just left him alone and let him pitch.
    yea you're right, we aren't getting enough back in return in that deal
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    agreed, if their was ever a what not to do development plan its Joba's. How they take a guy with a mid -high 90's fb as a starter, a decsent 2 seam and 3 above average to plus plus off speed pitches and make him a 6th-7th inning guy is beyond me. I know his injuries played a part in it but he had more talent and way better stuff than any pitching prospect we ve had and was only really given one chance to be a starter where they gave Hughes tons of chances to be pretty average.
    IMO he's gone after next yr to a team that will give him a chance to be a starter again and now his injuries are fixed i think he could still end up a front of the rotation kind of guy. The whole thing still makes me sick
    he should but they never do it because it would be admitting a huge error on his part for not giving him more chances a couple yrs ago. Also unless they get another quality reliever like Soria they will need another back up closer option just in case Mo doesn't workout as well as we hope or gets injured again

well said... we could all pray that they come to their senses and give Joba another chance to start but i think theirs probably a better chance we see Swisher back than that happening. IMO if they had Joba stretch out and get prepared to be a starter this winter and ST he could be easily better than Nova Phelps and probably Hughes
    As far as his trade value i don't see the Yanks trading him unless its for something really good, they passed on the Haren deal a couple yrs ago because they wouldn't include Joba and any other time his name has been brought up they wouldn't include him. So unless its for something better than a couple of B type prospects i think theyll keep him
    I'm still trying to understand why Hughes has been given unlimited chances no matter what he does the previous season.

If they did stretch him out I expect him to struggle but it wouldn't be any worse than what we have seen over the past few seasons. Their reluctance to trade him is even more upsetting than him not starting.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    I'm still trying to understand why Hughes has been given unlimited chances no matter what he does the previous season.

If they did stretch him out I expect him to struggle but it wouldn't be any worse than what we have seen over the past few seasons. Their reluctance to trade him is even more upsetting than him not starting.
    Cashman is waiting for the right deal to come along. I'm sure if the Angels offered up Mike Trout Cashman would trade Joba then.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Cashman is waiting for the right deal to come along. I'm sure if the Angels offered up Mike Trout Cashman would trade Joba then.
    lol it would probably take Trout since he didn't want to move him for Haren.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Wait, Joba still has value?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    lol it would probably take Trout since he didn't want to move him for Haren.
    Cashman has the same mindset as alot of yankee fans when it comes to trades, that's why fans love him.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Wait, Joba still has value?
    He does believe it or not but it's not as high as the FO thinks.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Cashman has the same mindset as alot of yankee fans when it comes to trades, that's why fans love him.
    lol hilarious

What do you think about the team this upcoming season?

-Heat fan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast