Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Should Spurs go for Gasol?

The trade pieces would be Jacksons Expiring ( opens minutes to Leonard), Splitter or Blair, Diaw and a pick.

What do you think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    The trade pieces would be Jacksons Expiring ( opens minutes to Leonard), Splitter or Blair, Diaw and a pick.

What do you think?
    Defiantly but don't think LAL would bite on that
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Kawhi is nothing but a average player on a good system.

vCash
    I don't think Jackson is taking any minutes from Leonard. I'm actually conflicted with that trade, as we'd be giving up our depth. We're low on bigs as it is let alone give up splitter, Blair, and Diaw for gasol. Yes gasol is hands down better, but I'm not sure the trade would work out as we count on our depth. Maybe Jackson, Blair, Diaw or our many guards. Diaw has played for d'antoni before, I also think bonner in the trade would be wonders. He spreads the floor and a jump shooter, exactly what d'antoni runs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

I couldn't choose Diaw so he may have a trade clause or something idk.
    It all on how comfortable the FO feels about giving up on our depth though
    Quote of the playoffs "Penetration always leads to something good"

vCash
    I also don't see the lakers trading with us
    Quote of the playoffs "Penetration always leads to something good"

vCash
    Yeah after that we could trade Neal, and De Colo for Lamarcus Aldridge. Hell why stop there when we could trade Bonner and Mills for Dirk....

LA is usually the team that gets players for free, no way they take our scrubs....

vCash
    Gasol + Duncan + Parker + Manu = wow
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    Jackson is friends with Howard.

vCash
    Doesn't fit what we need IMO. When TD goes to the bench our interior defense really struggles. And this team needs Jack. His physicality and toughness would be severely missed. Pau would likely flourish in this system, but I don't think he solves our core issues.

Jack/Leonard minutes are split pretty good and playing small with them is beneficial on some nights too. (Would be interesting to see Jack and MWP again lol. He's probably not Jacks favorite person)

Aside from my personal opinion, I can't see LA making a trade with the Spurs that could benefit them in any way.

vCash
    Doubt this happens but its fun to think about. Could you imagine post duo of Duncan-Gasol along with Parker-Manu and full of 3pointers.... wow.
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Kanye West 8. Logic 9. Drake 10. Wale

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Doesn't fit what we need IMO. When TD goes to the bench our interior defense really struggles. And this team needs Jack. His physicality and toughness would be severely missed. Pau would likely flourish in this system, but I don't think he solves our core issues.

Jack/Leonard minutes are split pretty good and playing small with them is beneficial on some nights too. (Would be interesting to see Jack and MWP again lol. He's probably not Jacks favorite person)

Aside from my personal opinion, I can't see LA making a trade with the Spurs that could benefit them in any way.
    Doesn't fit what we need. I think that's the farthest thing from the truth. Honestly, at this point the Spurs are more likely just looking at a mix power forward realistically to take Blairs minutes. Again going back to guys like Patric Patterson, Marcus or Markieff Morris, and guys of that ilk. At this point I'd just love to get in a guy with height like JuJuan Johnson to add some height at a younger energy level.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    Doesn't fit what we need. I think that's the farthest thing from the truth. Honestly, at this point the Spurs are more likely just looking at a mix power forward realistically to take Blairs minutes. Again going back to guys like Patric Patterson, Marcus or Markieff Morris, and guys of that ilk. At this point I'd just love to get in a guy with height like JuJuan Johnson to add some height at a younger energy level.
    Trading for a star with a big contract isn't what the Spurs need. Gasol would kill the Spurs depth and make them older. While he would be a good fit next to Duncan, I don't think it makes the team better as a whole.

I like Ekpe Udoh myself. The Bucks have too many bigs, so it's possible the Spurs might be able to work something out for him. Seriously, they have 8 PF/C on roster, granted one is out and one is Drew Gooden, but they have pieces to move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giraffes Rule View Post
    Trading for a star with a big contract isn't what the Spurs need. Gasol would kill the Spurs depth and make them older. While he would be a good fit next to Duncan, I don't think it makes the team better as a whole.

I like Ekpe Udoh myself. The Bucks have too many bigs, so it's possible the Spurs might be able to work something out for him. Seriously, they have 8 PF/C on roster, granted one is out and one is Drew Gooden, but they have pieces to move.
    Another interesting name. Though I will say that Udoh reminds me a lot of Ian Mahinmi. He came around in Dallas, but I think there are better options out there.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    If we got Gasol now it would be vetod for basketball reasons
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Kawhi is nothing but a average player on a good system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giraffes Rule View Post

I think your numbers are a little off. They only have 7 bigs from what i see. And right away I pass on Gooden, Ilyasova, and Przybilla. Dalembert's contract makes him highly doubtful. Henson isn't going anywhere anytime soon. So that seems to leave, Moute, Udoh, and Sanders.

Moute still seems a bit of a tweener to me and I am still not sure how I feel about his contract and injury. So to trade multiple pieces of our bench for him seems like a bit of a stretch.

Udoh is an enigma.He is having some what of a rough year. Nice contract though an potential on D, but overall I am not sure. He is definitely not your offense so the question would be can an interior of Udoh and Splitter work? Maybe worth it.

Finally, Sanders is my ideal. Still on a great contract. Great size. Has shown improvement each year. And seems to bring an energy. I just not sure if they would be willing to trade him. Blair/Neal/and 1st? Doubt it and I am not sure if I want to give up much more for him.