Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How good of a team is this?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Realistic, Long and Short Term Contender

1 4.76%
  • Realistic, Long Term Contender

1 4.76%
  • Realistic, Short Term Contender

0 0%
  • Realistic, Not a Contender

4 19.05%
  • Not Realistic

15 71.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Garza trade is solid. I would like to get another prospect out of it though.

I don't think Joba is a starter. Overall though I like most of the stuff you did.

vCash

vCash
    Sorry I was sending updates to Ron!n after some of the trades went down so I took out Josh Johnson and replaced with Helickson and never updated the team. And Joba was supposed to be Haren. If you get my drift so that stuff never got updated...agreed Ron!n ? So looking at it as is I agree with some of the arguments but before the trades I likes.

Payroll: 108.39 MM

Traded to Kansas City (Alfonso Soriano-Bryan Lahair) 19.5 for Parker Markel and Alex Colome cubs pay Sorianos 36M entire salary.

Traded to BOS - (Matt Garza and steve clevenger)- 10 Million* Matt Barnes P,Blake Swihart C and Drake Britton LHP

Traded to LAA - (Carlos Marmol) 9.8 Million Dan Haren 1.6 million

Traded to Kansas City (Tony Campana and James Russell) for Joakim Soria 3 years 12 million CL

Trade to Tampa (Josh Vitters Jay Jackson and Trey McNutt) for Jeremy Hellickson

FA Ryan Ludwick 3 year 18.5 Million
    FA Melky Crabrea 2 year 8 Million
    FA Palcido Palanco 2 Yr 10 Million
    FA Ryan Dempster 3 Year 28 Million
    FA Geral Laird 2 year 5 Million

1.David DeJesus- 4.250 Million RF
    2.Starlin Castro- 5.8 Million SS
    3.Anthony Rizzo- 500k 1b
    4.Ryan Ludwick 3 yr 6.16 annual salary RF
    5.Melky 2 yr 4 mill annual salary CF
    6.Ian Stewart- 2.5 Million 3B
    7.Wellington Castillo- 500k C
    8.Darwin Barney- .750k 2B

SP:
    1.Dan Haren 1yr 9.8 million aquired from LAA (Marmol)
    2.Jeremy Hellickson 1 yr 500k Million aquired from Tampa (Josh Vitters Jay Jackson and Chris Rusin)
    3.Jeff Samardzija- 2.9 Million* 5 years 32.275 Million 6.5 annual salary
    4.Brandon McCarthy Free Agent Pick up 3 years 18 million 6 Mill annual salary
    5.Travis Wood 450K

BP:
    Rafael Dolis- 500k
    Lendy Castillo- 500k
    Jeff Beliveau- 500k
    Casey Coleman -500K
    Shawn Camp - 550K
    Blake Parker- 500k
    Rafael Dolis- 500k
    Joakim Soria 3 years 12 million CL

Bench:
    Gerald Laird- 5mill 2 year fa pick up Bench
    Luis Valbuena- 900k* Bench
    Dave Sappelt -500K
    Placido Palanco 2 yr 10 million
    Last edited by ABE32; 11-24-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    The KC one at the top should also be Tampa.

vCash
    With Polanco and Valbuena, the team has two better 3Bs on the bench than the starter.

vCash
    Gato: I specifically said Garza. No, the Red Sox probably have no issue with making a trade with us. Lucchino basically said as much at the GM Meetings. My comment specifically relates to Garza. As he's coming off elbow issues and I seriously doubt they'd take THAT chance, since they have had issue with the Carpenter elbow problem and wanted to re-address everything once he went down. Anyone else on the roster? Garza? No, moreso than most other teams even, due to the circumstances prior.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    Gato: I specifically said Garza. No, the Red Sox probably have no issue with making a trade with us. Lucchino basically said as much at the GM Meetings. My comment specifically relates to Garza. As he's coming off elbow issues and I seriously doubt they'd take THAT chance, since they have had issue with the Carpenter elbow problem and wanted to re-address everything once he went down. Anyone else on the roster? Garza? No, moreso than most other teams even, due to the circumstances prior.
    Also how does it make sense for a team that is actually rebuilding to trade away 3 of their better prospects for one pitcher with one year control?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Not every team looks at "rebuilding" the way the Cubs do. Some teams think that you can rebuild while also putting a competitive team on the field and not just putting prospects on a pedestal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Not every team looks at "rebuilding" the way the Cubs do. Some teams think that you can rebuild while also putting a competitive team on the field and not just putting prospects on a pedestal.
    How does adding an injured, 28 year old pitcher, with 1 year of team control help a rebuild?
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    How does adding an injured, 28 year old pitcher, with 1 year of team control help a rebuild?
    It helps the team win baseball games.

vCash
    It helps the team win baseball games.
    If he's healthy...and for 1 year. Short sighted and perhaps naive?
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Teams that rebuild by trading away their #1 pitching prospect and 2 other top prospects for one year of broken pitcher, are not going to be very successful in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    You flip for better prospects at the deadline kind the prospects I propose trading are older and have not panned out or are blocked at their position.

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Teams that rebuild by trading away their #1 pitching prospect and 2 other top prospects for one year of broken pitcher, are not going to be very successful in the long run.
    What number 1 pitching prospect is this you speak of?

vCash
    Matt Barnes. They can find another #1 pitching prospect - Barnes wasn't exactly the way, the truth, and the light coming out of college.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast