Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Post-Game Interview with Casey

So it's kind of been a habit of mine to watch the post-game interviews with Casey to get an understanding of his coaching decisions and the context in which he makes them in.

Usually, he'll say something about positive about Andrea Bargnani or Demar but there was no mention of them last night despite Andrea's strong offensive performance.

Instead he was being cryptic and closed the interview by saying, "We got good things from Terrence Ross & Jonas Valanciunas, we need 7 or 8 more players to join in, and we will find 7 or 8 guys to join the party."

Is that a subtle shot at Bryan Colangelo and the players?

vCash
    I hope so.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    I hope so.
    Me too. But I suspect it is far more a message to the players than to Colangelo.

There are only 5 players on this team I'm pleased with (Lowry, DeRozan, Ross, Davis, Val)
    There is one I loathe.
    The rest I remain indifferent towards.

vCash
    I still like Casey, don't kill me but it reminds me of the Doc Rivers situation. In that brief period where Boston was losing ( prior to the big three), people were calling for Rivers head. Then they started winning and now he has coached a championship team. Sure Casey's rotations suck, but maybe if we had better players it would be a lot easier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Me too. But I suspect it is far more a message to the players than to Colangelo.

There are only 5 players on this team I'm pleased with (Lowry, DeRozan, Ross, Davis, Val)
    There is one I loathe.
    Yeah I think they should just keep those 5 and Alan Anderson and trade everybody else out.

vCash

There is one I loathe.
    you loathe someone? you've been very restrained in your criticism then because i have no idea who. who is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    i am sensing a disconnect between our coach and GM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash

There is one I loathe.
    This should be our starting line every night until we get other players that want to go out there and get after it on both sides of the ball.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i am sensing a disconnect between our coach and GM.
    mgmt is giving Dwane too many suggestions.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    When a team plays as poorly as they did last night you simplify and go to the players that are working. This is supposed to be Casey's strong suit. I would be happy to see fundamentals and defence for as long as it takes. And I don't think anyone's immune to a benching.

Problem is, Casey is part of the problem. lol. His offence looks brutal out there. Either he can't run it or the players can't. That's why making it dead simple needs to happen. Intensity over complexity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    This should be our starting line every night until we get other players that want to go out there and get after it on both sides of the ball.
    Absolutely.

vCash
    One trend that I've noticed is that he is always defending Andrea in one way or another. It's pretty evident if you watch the PG interviews. Triano's PG interviews were also similar in that regard.

Is Andrea's ego really that fragile, that team personnel need to tip toe around him in order to spur growth and development from him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Yeah I think they should just keep those 5 and Alan Anderson and trade everybody else out.
    Actually I forgot Alan Anderson. He really impressed me. I'm not sure he has any more upside than what he is now given his age, but his tiny contract and resilient nature make him a guy I'd prefer to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    you loathe someone? you've been very restrained in your criticism then because i have no idea who. who is it?
    I'm usually very restrained. But the magician has "magically" elicited strong feelings from me...

vCash
    I'm usually very restrained. But the magician has "magically" elicited strong feelings from me...
    I like magicians who can do more than disappear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AntwanN21 View Post
    I still like Casey, don't kill me but it reminds me of the Doc Rivers situation. In that brief period where Boston was losing ( prior to the big three), people were calling for Rivers head. Then they started winning and now he has coached a championship team. Sure Casey's rotations suck, but maybe if we had better players it would be a lot easier.
    He learned it from Rick Carlisle. Carlisle rides out his main players regardless of their performance. Mavs fans were asking for his head and this was the season they won a championship.
    Last edited by Freakazoid; 11-28-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast