Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Long time PSD lurker, finally made an account. What's your biggest surprise so far?

Biggest surprise so far in this early part of the season?

And a bold prediction for something to happen after the all-star break.

vCash
    Batum. Mayo. Knicks. Grizzlies.

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    So far my biggest surprise is a tie between Memphis and Charlotte.

And my bold prediction is that Dwight will continue to wear the headband

vCash
    Kobe's efficiency. Shooting almost 8% above his career FG%, shooting 8% above his career 3pt% all in his 17th season. Very close to a Nash-like 50-40-90% shooting start while leading the league in scoring in the early-going.

And the Lakers have 3 different head coaches (Clown, Bickerstaff, D'Antoni) in the first 11-12 games of the season.

Both surprising and anomalies.

Surprise: Clippers finish with the Best Record in the NBA (not a surprise is CP3 winning the League MVP).

vCash
    Welcome to the site and may your stay with PSD be a long, insightful one.

The biggest surprise has to be the Charlotte Bobcats and I'm not sure there is a close second answer. I expected the Lakers to be mediocre to start the year, so that's not a shocker. Although the entire Eastern Conference right now is a bit of a surprise, so I suppose you could say that.

As for bold predictions, I'm going to make one very easy one and big homer prediction. 1. The NBA Finals will be........ the Heat and Thunder again. I know it's boring, but both teams are clearly still in perfect places to make a return trip to the Finals, and they're only going to be better once the postseason rolls around. 2. The Houston Rockets will pull it together in the second half of the season and make the playoffs a 6-8 seed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Welcome to the site and may your stay with PSD be a long, insightful one.

The biggest surprise has to be the Charlotte Bobcats and I'm not sure there is a close second answer. I expected the Lakers to be mediocre to start the year, so that's not a shocker. Although the entire Eastern Conference right now is a bit of a surprise, so I suppose you could say that.

As for bold predictions, I'm going to make one very easy one and big homer prediction. 1. The NBA Finals will be........ the Heat and Thunder again. I know it's boring, but both teams are clearly still in perfect places to make a return trip to the Finals, and they're only going to be better once the postseason rolls around. 2. The Houston Rockets will pull it together in the second half of the season and make the playoffs a 6-8 seed.
    Thank you, sir. I as well think the Bobcats have surprised a lot of people. Over the years I have lurked on and off I always saw MJ take a lot of well deserved heat for his ownership decisions. However, I think he might have finally made a good call with the hire of Dunlap. Honestly that's the only thing I can think of that has been the key to turning this Bobcats team around.

vCash
    Well since it's only so far:

Kobe being efficient.
    Mayo and Batum, and Lillard playing THIS well.
    The amount of injuries to start the season off.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    Well since it's only so far:

Kobe being efficient.
    Mayo and Batum, and Lillard playing THIS well.
    The amount of injuries to start the season off.
    Do you think Kobe's efficiency is based purely off the number of games played so far? Or is it possible that he will be this efficient throughout the season?

I just can't see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluntz View Post
    Do you think Kobe's efficiency is based purely off the number of games played so far? Or is it possible that he will be this efficient throughout the season?

I just can't see it.
    It'll go down, but it won't go as down as his current career shooting % of 45.5%.

His current career high FG% is 46.9%. Surely he can shoot 47-48% at the worst by season's end?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluntz View Post

I just can't see it.
    He's just picking his spots well this season from what I've gathered and hasn't really felt the effects of all the wear and tear on his body yet. He also started off hot last season as well but then fizzled out. I think he'll probably still have a career year efficiency wise but he won't keep up his current scoring pace imo.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Surprised at the Cats of course, I think Dunlap fits well with that squad. I am also surprised at the Lakers rough start, OJ Mayo's brilliance and the Knicks overall.

vCash
    That the Magic aren't undefeated ... SHOCKER.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Dantoni coaching the Lakers

vCash
    Welcome to PSD. My name is douglas. This forum is really cool because here, you are able to discuss pro sports, daily.

As for your questions, I have been surprised by how well Damian Lillard has been playing. He seems to play really good.

My bold prediction is that at least one player gets traded after the All-Star break.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Welcome to PSD. My name is douglas. This forum is really cool because here, you are able to discuss pro sports, daily.

As for your questions, I have been surprised by how well Damian Lillard has been playing. He seems to play really good.

My bold prediction is that at least one player gets traded after the All-Star break.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast