Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Reed will be out for a while.

Injuries are beginning to mount for the Texans, as outside linebacker Brooks Reed appears set to miss a month with a groin injury suffered yesterday at Detroit.

Albert Breer of the NFL Network reported Reed would miss three to four weeks, but would not need surgery.

Tania Ganguli of the Houston Chronicle added that she was told it would “be at least that long.”

While Reed hasn’t progressed the way they had hoped (2.5 sacks this year after 6.0 as a rookie), it’s another hit to the Texans’ defensive depth. They played without cornerback Jonathan Joseph yesterday, and they previously lost inside linebacker Brian Cushing for the year.

It puts more pressure on rookie outside linebacker Whitney Mercilus to perform, as well as their offense to keep the team from needing as many stops.

While I'm excited to see Mercilus get more snaps, I wish it wasn't because of this.
    "It's a Namaste. It means respect. It just means, 'I see the God in you.' It's me paying my respect to the game of football."
    -Arian Foster

Thanks Dodgersuck

vCash
    Obviously not good but it'll be nice to see Mercilus with extend consistent time

vCash
    yeah it sucks, but i really think mercilus is going to be more effective for us going down the stretch than reed. we have the division wrapped up and itll allow reed to hopefully come in fresh for the playoffs while giving mercilus a lot of snaps to gain experience. reed and barwin have kinda been disappointing on the outside this year.

side note: bradie james had an mri today for hamstring

p.s.
    i really miss cushing.

vCash
    As long as he comes back in time for the playoffs and healthy it's OK.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Rolando McClain was waived from the Raiders, I know we have the worst waiver right now but should we take a shot if somehow no one wants him