Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If you had a vote, select who you would vote for (note: max of 10 votes per person)

Voters
293. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Bonds

173 59.04%
  • Roger Clemens

149 50.85%
  • Curt Schilling

140 47.78%
  • Craig Biggio

181 61.77%
  • Kenny Lofton

40 13.65%
  • Sammy Sosa

74 25.26%
  • Mike Piazza

222 75.77%
  • Jack Morris

54 18.43%
  • Jeff Bagwell

162 55.29%
  • Lee Smith

46 15.70%
  • Tim Raines

80 27.30%
  • Alan Trammell

58 19.80%
  • Edgar Martinez

112 38.23%
  • Fred McGriff

49 16.72%
  • Larry Walker

83 28.33%
  • Mark McGwire

80 27.30%
  • Don Mattingly

75 25.60%
  • Dale Murphy

35 11.95%
  • Rafael Palmerio

38 12.97%
  • Bernie Williams

53 18.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulte212 View Post
    Just because Kenny Lofton is my absolute favorite player ever, I thought I would remind everyone of how remarkable he was...

The dude led the league in stolen bases 5 times, was a 6-time All-Star, and a 4-time Gold Glove winner. He played in the 6th-most games in center field since 1954. From 1995 to his last year in 2007, he only missed the playoffs TWO times...TWO!

His 622 career stolen bases rank 15th all-time. For you stat people out there, his WAR is 65.3--which is good for 79th ALL TIME (and similar to guys like Manny Ramirez, Robbie Alomar, Ernie Banks, and Gary Carter). In terms of just center fielders, he ranks 10th all time.

Lofton was really exciting to watch, and by my estimation, a lot better than merely "good." He was one of the best (perhaps the best) leadoff hitters of the 90's. He deserves to be in!!
    I voted for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    ciabian is the biggest homer/rival hater I've ever seen.
    Really? do you spend most of your time in your teams forum? I am assuming you mean me, because you misspelled my name. I'm a fan of LA teams, my rivals are Bay Area teams i don't care about Seattle either way, I never said Edgar Martienez didn't have a good career. I'm not sure where you are getting this hater thing from, the debate i am having is one that has gone on before about edgar. It's not like he is this unanimous pick that everyone agree's on and I am picking a fight out of no where.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    But the DH is a legal position by rule. Nobody in a capacity to vote for the HOF should try and object to policy because they don't like it.
    well, it's not postion, pitcher/catcher/3rd base is a position, because it's the position the player takes on the field, DH is a spot in the line up, i never said it was illegal, i don't know why you and jeffy have come to that conclusion, it's just not a position, there are 9 positions on the field, not 9 plus some dude in the dugout, i never have accused him of doing thing illegal.

That being said, he was injury prone early on, and moved out of the field because he couldn't play in the field everyday, it is what it is. He wouldn't have accumulated the stats he did without being a DH 70% of his career.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulte212 View Post
    Just because Kenny Lofton is my absolute favorite player ever, I thought I would remind everyone of how remarkable he was...

The dude led the league in stolen bases 5 times, was a 6-time All-Star, and a 4-time Gold Glove winner. He played in the 6th-most games in center field since 1954. From 1995 to his last year in 2007, he only missed the playoffs TWO times...TWO!

His 622 career stolen bases rank 15th all-time. For you stat people out there, his WAR is 65.3--which is good for 79th ALL TIME (and similar to guys like Manny Ramirez, Robbie Alomar, Ernie Banks, and Gary Carter). In terms of just center fielders, he ranks 10th all time.

Lofton was really exciting to watch, and by my estimation, a lot better than merely "good." He was one of the best (perhaps the best) leadoff hitters of the 90's. He deserves to be in!!
    this is a very interesting argument you made, him missing the playoffs twice has more to do with the teams he was on, but he was a very exciting player who got out shadowed by the era he was in, idk if he will be first ballot, but i think he is a guy who might grow in stature as the years go on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Really? do you spend most of your time in your teams forum? I am assuming you mean me, because you misspelled my name. I'm a fan of LA teams, my rivals are Bay Area teams i don't care about Seattle either way, I never said Edgar Martienez didn't have a good career. I'm not sure where you are getting this hater thing from, the debate i am having is one that has gone on before about edgar. It's not like he is this unanimous pick that everyone agree's on and I am picking a fight out of no where.
    Ha. I've been here long enough to know your style. You've bashed on everything not LA time and time again and you're doing it here.

He's a baseball player and one of the better we've seen. You claiming he isn't worthy is just you being a homer.

Do closers deserve to be inducted? They pitch one inning a game.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Piazza
    Martinez
    Biggio
    Lee Smith
    I believe these are the clean players during that era...

Palmerio
    Bonds
    Sosa
    Clemens
    Shilling
    Big Mac
    These are believed to be the dirty players but its gonna be hard to keep any of them out with the numbers they put up... I believe all the players I listed will make it in eventually

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Ha. I've been here long enough to know your style. You've bashed on everything not LA time and time again and you're doing it here.

He's a baseball player and one of the better we've seen. You claiming he isn't worthy is just you being a homer.

Do closers deserve to be inducted? They pitch one inning a game.
    I don't bash on anything not LA, i love me some Frank Thomas, Craig Biggio, Bagwell, Randy Johnson, and Paul Kanerko, Migeul Cabrera, i always liked hanley even before he came to LA, and i always liked the Expos, it's a shame they are not still around.

Wait so if i say trammel doesn't belong that means i am being a homer too? Bagwell and Biggio weren't ever in LA, but i think they belong in the HoF.

vCash
    I voted for Biggio, Piazza (the locks out of the group), Jeff Bagwell (who like Griffey Jr was never linked to any wrong doing) and Jack Morris and Dale Murphy (best pitcher of the 80's and probably third best hitter of the 80's)

I'm fuzzy on Bonds. If you look at his numbers before 2001 he was a hall of famer. The steroids (allegedly) make him ineligible in my books though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Az_Dodgers_Fan View Post
    I voted for Biggio, Piazza (the locks out of the group), Jeff Bagwell (who like Griffey Jr was never linked to any wrong doing) and Jack Morris and Dale Murphy (best pitcher of the 80's and probably third best hitter of the 80's)

I'm fuzzy on Bonds. If you look at his numbers before 2001 he was a hall of famer. The steroids (allegedly) make him ineligible in my books though.
    Jack Morris is not the best pitcher of the 80's, hell he isn't even top 5, maybe not even top 10.

Dangerously over rated pitcher, by all accounts.

As for Murphy.

Evans and Murray were for certain better, and then you have Yount, Boggs, Henderson, Brett, and Schmidt likely ahead of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue24 View Post
    Piazza
    Martinez
    Biggio
    Lee Smith
    I believe these are the clean players during that era...

Palmerio
    Bonds
    Sosa
    Clemens
    Shilling
    Big Mac
    These are believed to be the dirty players but its gonna be hard to keep any of them out with the numbers they put up... I believe all the players I listed will make it in eventually
    You don't think Bagwell will get in?

vCash
    Excuse me while I put on my homer shades...

Bagwell
    Bonds
    Biggio
    Clemens
    Martinez
    McGriff
    Murphy
    Piazza
    Raines
    Schilling

vCash

vCash
    I want to know why someone would vote a closer in but not a DH.

Anyone?
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Biggio is a bigger slam dunk than Palmeiro and Schilling.
    Juicer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Juicer.
    They probably all juiced. Big friggin deal.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Jack Morris is not the best pitcher of the 80's, hell he isn't even top 5, maybe not even top 10.

Dangerously over rated pitcher, by all accounts.

As for Murphy.

Evans and Murray were for certain better, and then you have Yount, Boggs, Henderson, Brett, and Schmidt likely ahead of him.
    We get it, you don't like Jack Morris..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone2171 View Post
    We get it, you don't like Jack Morris..
    I don't have a problem with him.

It's when fans grossly over-rate him by saying things like 'best pitcher of the 80's' when he isn't even really close.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast