Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If you had a vote, select who you would vote for (note: max of 10 votes per person)

Voters
293. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Bonds

173 59.04%
  • Roger Clemens

149 50.85%
  • Curt Schilling

140 47.78%
  • Craig Biggio

181 61.77%
  • Kenny Lofton

40 13.65%
  • Sammy Sosa

74 25.26%
  • Mike Piazza

222 75.77%
  • Jack Morris

54 18.43%
  • Jeff Bagwell

162 55.29%
  • Lee Smith

46 15.70%
  • Tim Raines

80 27.30%
  • Alan Trammell

58 19.80%
  • Edgar Martinez

112 38.23%
  • Fred McGriff

49 16.72%
  • Larry Walker

83 28.33%
  • Mark McGwire

80 27.30%
  • Don Mattingly

75 25.60%
  • Dale Murphy

35 11.95%
  • Rafael Palmerio

38 12.97%
  • Bernie Williams

53 18.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    My ballot:

Barry Bonds
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    I understand there is a difference between them an yes, I get the potential Rose had to change the games played..

My point is they all cheated in some way. Which is wrong. IMO the steroids are worse because we know they had an effect on the outcome of several games... We don't know if Rosé ever threw games purposely..the potential was there but we don't know. For all we know he always bet on his team..

IMO if you let them in Rose deserves it too. Hope you can finally understand that.
    How about tossing Mantle out and most of the 1950's 1960's and 1970's guys out for taking greenies?

To be honest that's the first time ive about that. My point is this : no one is perfect and many have made various mistakes...if we are going to recognize Bonds and the others for the on field play then we should do the same to Rose. T

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    To be honest that's the first time ive about that. My point is this : no one is perfect and many have made various mistakes...if we are going to recognize Bonds and the others for the on field play then we should do the same to Rose. T
    Yes, but their sins are not equal, which is more or less, Bagwell's point.

Every decade of the hall of fame has a cheater in it. It's where people choose to draw the line in the sand and say 'that's wrong, and that isn't' is what becomes so controversial.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Yes, but their sins are not equal, which is more or less, Bagwell's point.

Every decade of the hall of fame has a cheater in it. It's where people choose to draw the line in the sand and say 'that's wrong, and that isn't' is what becomes so controversial.
    Totally recognize what he is saying. Guess we all have a moral line that we draw and certain things mean more to various individuals.

Personally, I think we will never know that amount of cheating that has gone on in MLB. PEDs, gambling or whatever.

Also, I recognize "their sins are not equal" but I don't see Rose's betting on games to be any worse than the juicers. Just my opinion though.

Side note. The part about the juicers that upsets me the most is most would have made it to the HOF without PEDs. What a waste !
    Last edited by Scully in 2012; 12-05-2012 at 08:55 PM.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    The Angels agreed to terms with righty Joe Blanton on a two-year, $15MM deal, tweets Jon Heyman of CBS Sports. The deal includes a third-year option, according to ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick (on Twitter). Blanton is represented by CAA Sports.

Blanton, 31, posted a 4.71 ERA, 7.8 K/9, 1.6 BB/9, 1.37 HR/9, and 44.6% groundball rate in 191 innings for the Phillies and Dodgers this year. The signing raises the question as to whether the Angels' rotation is set, with Jered Weaver, C.J. Wilson, Tommy Hanson, Blanton, and Garrett Richards, and without Zack Greinke. As Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweeted earlier today, the Angels could be considering signing two starters for less than what it would have cost to make a competitive bid for Greinke.

Earlier today, the Angels fortified their bullpen by adding lefty Sean Burnett on a two-year, $8MM deal.

Blanton hadn't been the subject of a ton of rumors so far in the offseason, but the Twins were another team known to have interest, and were said to be eyeing the right-hander as a "prime target" in Nashville.

Joe McDonnell of FOX Sports and Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times first reported a deal was close. Photo courtesy of U.S. Presswire.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#3vUKvBtZ32EymGoq.99
    Meh.

vCash
    voted for Clemens,Bonds,Schilling,Biggio and Bagwell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Meh.
    I like that Joe Blanton is on the ballot too..

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Gambling has a far more sinister history in baseball than improving individual performance of athletes I am afraid.

Primer 101. Gee thanks.

As a Manager he was able to employ his pen and his bench in an effort to win or lose games as directed by his gambling, not for the good of the team. That's vastly worse then some player juicing for 8 years in a row on his own.

Sorry, you have failed to grasp how Rose is different from a juicer - completely - try again.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    barry bonds lost credibility for cheating.
    You lost all credibility for trying to strip Barry Bonds of his credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    My ballot:

Barry Bonds
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    The HOF loses all credibility if Barry Bonds is not voted in.
    A thousand times this.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    I hate to be the cynic in the room, but is the because all the juicers got out while the gettin' was good?

vCash
    seriously, if Pete Rose can't get in because he bet, how the hell can guys on steriods get in? That's actually cheating. i don't understand the logic. Steroids not only build strength, but they also improve hand-eye coordination which I think... I THINK, helps a lot in hitting a baseball. Pete Rose isn't allowed in, fine! But anyone ever proven to have used steriods as they were playing should also not be allowed in.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 12-06-2012 at 08:47 PM.

vCash
    Bidge E O.....Bidge E O!!

vCash
    Edgar Martinez belongs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Steroids not only build strength, but they also improve hand-eye coordination
    According to who? The only thing I could find by Googling it was this terrible "article" comparing HRs, runs, and RBIs (lol) as "evidence".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    This is nuts, I count at least 11 guys who should be by my standards.

Also, if anyone wants to explain why they voted Piazza but not Clemens/Bonds I'm all ears.
    Piazza has never been formally linked to sterois use. Clemens and Bonds have been formally linked, involved in legal processes against them, and its pretty obvious they used.

Piazza has no evidence against him besides people who just pull **** out of their *****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    Piazza has never been formally linked to sterois use. Clemens and Bonds have been formally linked, involved in legal processes against them, and its pretty obvious they used.

Piazza has no evidence against him besides people who just pull **** out of their *****
    It's pretty obvious Barry Lamar Bonds was HOF material long before alleged usage. Try again.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast