Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If you had a vote, select who you would vote for (note: max of 10 votes per person)

Voters
293. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Bonds

173 59.04%
  • Roger Clemens

149 50.85%
  • Curt Schilling

140 47.78%
  • Craig Biggio

181 61.77%
  • Kenny Lofton

40 13.65%
  • Sammy Sosa

74 25.26%
  • Mike Piazza

222 75.77%
  • Jack Morris

54 18.43%
  • Jeff Bagwell

162 55.29%
  • Lee Smith

46 15.70%
  • Tim Raines

80 27.30%
  • Alan Trammell

58 19.80%
  • Edgar Martinez

112 38.23%
  • Fred McGriff

49 16.72%
  • Larry Walker

83 28.33%
  • Mark McGwire

80 27.30%
  • Don Mattingly

75 25.60%
  • Dale Murphy

35 11.95%
  • Rafael Palmerio

38 12.97%
  • Bernie Williams

53 18.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    They probably all juiced. Big friggin deal.
    Yeah. Most probably did. As for whether it is a big deal or not, that's a personal opinion. To each his own. I find it to be disappointing. Biggio irritates me because he is rarely if ever discussed as a possible juicer. I saw him while he was at Seton Hall. He was a puny lad. During his pro career he intentionally wore a uniform top too large for him in order to hide his muscularity -- from his lips to Bob Costa's lips to my ears. Bagwell probably juiced as did Berkman. I cannot look the other way, maybe Piazza too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I don't have a problem with him.

It's when fans grossly over-rate him by saying things like 'best pitcher of the 80's' when he isn't even really close.
    Didn't he win more games than any other pitcher in the 1980s or something like that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown View Post
    Bonds would have made it without steroids, but because he did use steroids, he should NOT be allowed in. Greedy ****in bastard
    The whole reason he did it and how he handled it so, really shows the lack of character in him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

vCash
    Larry Walker should def get in. Yea playing in colorado helped his number a bit but that shouldn't be held against him. He was also a GG guy hit for a high average. Def deserving.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Larry Walker should def get in. Yea playing in colorado helped his number a bit but that shouldn't be held against him. He was also a GG guy hit for a high average. Def deserving.
    The reason Walker should be in the HOF and Helton is at best borderline is that Walker actually hit well in a tough hitters par before he was in Coors - besides of course the fact Walker is better than Helton.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    The two biggest disappointments are:

1. Barry Bonds
    2. Big Mac.

Barry Bonds may have been considered one of the greatest players ever (certainly in the conversation) prior to the juice. He was easily a 1st time HOF. I will never understand why he would do anything remotely close to casting a cloud over what was a magnificent career.

Sure, the Bonds loyals will say "it was never proven" but we are all smart enough to know that your head doesn't get 2 inches bigger and your shoe size doesn't go up 2 sizes passed the age of 30 (no he didn't hit puberty again...and again).

As much as his career stats warrant a HOF vote, the PED issue makes me believe his name should not be placed next to the greats like: Mantle, Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, Koufax, Cobb, etc. He cheated and therefore is out...along with the rest of them.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    I have a feeling poor Tim Raines will get screwed by this class. He has been gaining some significant momentum.

Follow me on Twitter @MooseWithFleas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    I have a feeling poor Tim Raines will get screwed by this class. He has been gaining some significant momentum.
    This class could also help him if the voters decide to keep the roiders out. And IMO that seems pretty likely.

vCash
    So nobody wants to tell me why a closer deserves being voted in but a DH doesn't?
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    So nobody wants to tell me why a closer deserves being voted in but a DH doesn't?
    I agree with you. I think they just have to be extremely dominating considering they are not playing the "whole game".
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Didn't he win more games than any other pitcher in the 1980s or something like that?

So?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    I agree with you. I think they just have to be extremely dominating considering they are not playing the "whole game".
    Do you see a difference between DH and Closers in this situation?
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I don't have a problem with him.

It's when fans grossly over-rate him by saying things like 'best pitcher of the 80's' when he isn't even really close.

wins aren't in a pitchers control, look at Phil Hughes 2010 season...are you gonna say he was awesome that year because he had 18 wins?

vCash
    I voted Bonds, Clemens, Schilling, Biggio, Piazza, Raines, Trammel, Walker, Edgar, and Big Mac.

vCash
    Close to mine, but I can't see voting for Mac. Look at his career progression. He was just about done, and then he's Paul Bunyan. Unlike Bonds and Clemens he doesn't appear to have reached HOF status before he started.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast