Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If you had a vote, select who you would vote for (note: max of 10 votes per person)

Voters
293. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Bonds

173 59.04%
  • Roger Clemens

149 50.85%
  • Curt Schilling

140 47.78%
  • Craig Biggio

181 61.77%
  • Kenny Lofton

40 13.65%
  • Sammy Sosa

74 25.26%
  • Mike Piazza

222 75.77%
  • Jack Morris

54 18.43%
  • Jeff Bagwell

162 55.29%
  • Lee Smith

46 15.70%
  • Tim Raines

80 27.30%
  • Alan Trammell

58 19.80%
  • Edgar Martinez

112 38.23%
  • Fred McGriff

49 16.72%
  • Larry Walker

83 28.33%
  • Mark McGwire

80 27.30%
  • Don Mattingly

75 25.60%
  • Dale Murphy

35 11.95%
  • Rafael Palmerio

38 12.97%
  • Bernie Williams

53 18.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    The only thing I've heard with Piazza was a writer in NY wanted to write a piece on his bacne during his time with the mets and that he put on 20 lbs of muscle in the winter of 98 working out in Venice Beach. None of that holds serious weigh or proves anything though, as far as I'm concerned Mike was a clean player.
    He admitted in 2002 to using androstenedione early in his career, but andro was not banned in baseball until 2004. So it was legal.

Murray Chass was the guy your talking about, saying that since he saw that Piazza had acne on his back, he had to be a ‘roider.

Neither to the level of Bonds or Clemons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    The only thing I've heard with Piazza was a writer in NY wanted to write a piece on his bacne during his time with the mets and that he put on 20 lbs of muscle in the winter of 98 working out in Venice Beach. None of that holds serious weigh or proves anything though, as far as I'm concerned Mike was a clean player.
    He admitted in 2002 to using androstenedione early in his career, but andro was not banned in baseball until 2004. So it was legal.

Murray Chass was the guy your talking about, saying that since he saw that Piazza had acne on his back, he had to be a ‘roider.

Yeah, I remember him admitting that and it was still legal so I didn't bring it up. Yes, chase Murray is his name idk how I didn't remember that.

vCash
    Man this is the best HOF class I have ever seen.

Both Biggio and Piazza should be locks. My third choice would be Edgar Martinez who I don't think will get in because he played DH for a such a long period of time.

Bonds, Sosa, Clemons, Palmero, McGwire and Schilling all have to many links to steroids. I am not saying they should never get in, all these guys statisticly deserve a spot, but I don't think any of them should make it in their first attempt.

As for Larry Walker he was one of my faviorate players growing up but the question mark of playing in the high altitude where the ball supposedly carries farther is gonna hurt him.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    I really hope Bonds and Clemens get in, they were already first ballot hofers before their alleged use. Leaving te only 400/400 and 500/500 player out of the hall along with a 7 time Cy young award winner would suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    The definite for me:

Bonds
    Clemens
    Piazza
    Biggio
    Bagwell

Raines would also probably get my vote. Schilling is borderline to me, Lofton and Bernie are less borderline to me (so, no), Sosa is borderline....Yeah, I'd just go with those 5 guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    This is nuts, I count at least 11 guys who should be by my standards.

Also, if anyone wants to explain why they voted Piazza but not Clemens/Bonds I'm all ears.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    And sorry I don't believe in the DH. No to Martinez.
    Not to be flip, but it doesn't matter what you think. It's a rule. BTW, 28.8% of Edgars career was played with a glove on.

I forgot to click on his box which is why I didn't vote for him.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    The DH sucks

vCash
    There are many of pitchers who will tell you Edgar Martinez was the hardest out to get in the 90's. Thats pretty telling. His career OBP is 21st all time.

What does hurt him is the lack of power with just over 300 bombs.

vCash
    that's my thing too
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post

at the risk of creeping every one out, i have acne on my back and i don't use stetoid
    s
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Not to be flip, but it doesn't matter what you think. It's a rule. BTW, 28.8% of Edgars career was played with a glove on.

I forgot to click on his box which is why I didn't vote for him.
    a whole 28.8%, that's practically half his career....papi played a bunch of games at 2st early in his career but everyone thinks of him as a dh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    The DH sucks
    He was still an elite player and he was a DH.

That's gotta mean something.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    The definite for me:

Bonds
    Clemens
    Piazza
    Biggio
    Bagwell

Raines would also probably get my vote. Schilling is borderline to me, Lofton and Bernie are less borderline to me (so, no), Sosa is borderline....Yeah, I'd just go with those 5 guys.
    Awesome numbers for these guys!! But all five guys juiced! I just went with Trammell cuz I don't believe juicers should be in.

vCash
    I only voted Piazza because he's the only one I really care about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Awesome numbers for these guys!! But all five guys juiced! I just went with Trammell cuz I don't believe juicers should be in.
    No proof that Piazza juiced. Just because he was a power hitter in the steroids era, doesn't mean he used them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    No proof that Piazza juiced. Just because he was a power hitter in the steroids era, doesn't mean he used them.
    This in not the court of law. Proof in not needed. But common sense goes a long way when it come to steroid users. This is a very strong case of common sense! On top of it being obvious, he did admit to using androstenedione before it was banned, and that, is a steroid. And if people think he stopped juicing after that, well that's just silly.

vCash
    So what if he was smart and did stop using it? He admitted to using it and admitted to stop using it. Until a test comes out and says the Mike Piazza is positive for steroids, then I will believe that he played by the rules, and if that means he used a steroid when it was legal and stopped when it was illegal, then so be it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    So what if he was smart and did stop using it? He admitted to using it and admitted to stop using it. Until a test comes out and says the Mike Piazza is positive for steroids, then I will believe that he played by the rules, and if that means he used a steroid when it was legal and stopped when it was illegal, then so be it.
    Keep in mind, steroids have always been illegal. Fay Vincent sent a letter to each team in 1991 stating that players will be disciplined for using. It just took several years for the league to decide to enforce it.

At the end of the day, we know that he took them.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast