Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If you had a vote, select who you would vote for (note: max of 10 votes per person)

Voters
293. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Bonds

173 59.04%
  • Roger Clemens

149 50.85%
  • Curt Schilling

140 47.78%
  • Craig Biggio

181 61.77%
  • Kenny Lofton

40 13.65%
  • Sammy Sosa

74 25.26%
  • Mike Piazza

222 75.77%
  • Jack Morris

54 18.43%
  • Jeff Bagwell

162 55.29%
  • Lee Smith

46 15.70%
  • Tim Raines

80 27.30%
  • Alan Trammell

58 19.80%
  • Edgar Martinez

112 38.23%
  • Fred McGriff

49 16.72%
  • Larry Walker

83 28.33%
  • Mark McGwire

80 27.30%
  • Don Mattingly

75 25.60%
  • Dale Murphy

35 11.95%
  • Rafael Palmerio

38 12.97%
  • Bernie Williams

53 18.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

One of the Biggest Hall of Fame Classes to date: Discussion and vote thread

We have some legends up for candidacy this year for the first time.

Many of them both alleged and known PED users.

A lot of people put a lot of emphasis on being a first ballot hall of famer.

This year we have:

Barry Bonds: Arguably the greatest player of all time, his values as a player are through the roof, he holds the all time home run and walks record.

There is no question that he is clearly deserving statistically for Cooperstown.

But many will pass judgment on his late career spike to his already hall of fame career and may deem him not worthy.

Roger Clemens: There was a possibility of a late season comeback last year for Clemens after his trial was finished. It would have reset his clock, but he never did pitch in a game. Clemens is one of the greatest pitchers statistically the game has ever seen. But he too is challenged openly about his potential PED usage.

Sammy Sosa: 'Say it ain't so Sosa' is a fringe candidate statistically, and with his corked bat, and questionable PED usage, he may not get voted in.

Mike Piazza: The best offensive catcher to ever play the game, he might run into some question marks as well.

Curt Schilling: A worthy hall of famer statistically, has had some shadows and a loud voice throughout his career that could keep him out.

Kenny Lofton: Statistically, he is borderline in. But his career was never seen as a hall of famer, but rather a solid, good player. Will the voters even really consider him?

Craig Biggio: Biggio is a questionable call statistically, but he has the magic 3000 hits, and played for one team his entire career. He might not get in this turn, but he should be close.

You also have Jeff Bagwell and Tim Raines, long time deserving candidates who have inched closer, who might finally get in.

This should heat up soon with a lot of discussion here on the MLB forum, so I figured I would get us started with a stickied thread instead of each player getting their own thread.

I have added a poll for your voting habits.

vCash
    Mike Piazza
    Craig Biggio
    Jack Morris
    Rock Raines
    Alan Trammell
    Larry Walker

Last edited by OaklandFan75; 11-23-2012 at 04:31 PM.

vCash
    I dont see a voting poll.....

vCash
    My 10 are:

Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Jeff Bagwell, Tim Raines, Curt Schilling, Craig Biggio, Kenny Lofton, Mike Piazza, Edgar Martinez, Larry Walker

I feel Alan Trammel deserves it as well, but I left him off in favor of Tim Raines. Trammel, Walker, Lofton, Biggio, and Raines are the most borderline choices for me, and someone had to be left off, I haven't put enough thought into why I chose Trammel, or if I actually had a vote, if that is what I would actually do.

Note: I had to edit my original vote because I accidentally still had Trammell selected on my vote, so I had to hit edit, and change my vote. So that's why my name is still next to his as a vote, but I didn't affect the number.

vCash
    Jack Morris better not get voted in btw, it's the biggest joke that he is still on here.

vCash
    I really hope Bonds and Clemens get in, they were already first ballot hofers before their alleged use. Leaving the only 400/400 and 500/500 player out of the hall along with a 7 time Cy young award winner would suck.
    Last edited by Greedy22; 11-23-2012 at 11:09 PM.

vCash
    Bonds would have made it without steroids, but because he did use steroids, he should NOT be allowed in. Greedy ****in bastard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    We have some legends up for candidacy this year for the first time.

Many of them both alleged and known PED users.

A lot of people put a lot of emphasis on being a first ballot hall of famer.

This year we have:

Barry Bonds: Arguably the greatest player of all time, his values as a player are through the roof, he holds the all time home run and walks record.

There is no question that he is clearly deserving statistically for Cooperstown.

But many will pass judgment on his late career spike to his already hall of fame career and may deem him not worthy.

Roger Clemens: There was a possibility of a late season comeback last year for Clemens after his trial was finished. It would have reset his clock, but he never did pitch in a game. Clemens is one of the greatest pitchers statistically the game has ever seen. But he too is challenged openly about his potential PED usage.

Sammy Sosa: 'Say it ain't so Sosa' is a fringe candidate statistically, and with his corked bat, and questionable PED usage, he may not get voted in.

Mike Piazza: The best offensive catcher to ever play the game, he might run into some question marks as well.

Curt Schilling: A worthy hall of famer statistically, has had some shadows and a loud voice throughout his career that could keep him out.

Kenny Lofton: Statistically, he is borderline in. But his career was never seen as a hall of famer, but rather a solid, good player. Will the voters even really consider him?

Craig Biggio: Biggio is a questionable call statistically, but he has the magic 3000 hits, and played for one team his entire career. He might not get in this turn, but he should be close.

You also have Jeff Bagwell and Tim Raines, long time deserving candidates who have inched closer, who might finally get in.

This should heat up soon with a lot of discussion here on the MLB forum, so I figured I would get us started with a stickied thread instead of each player getting their own thread.

I have added a poll for your voting habits.
    what about rafel palmero? is in both the 3000 hit and 500 home run club and has the same cloud over his head that bonds, sosa, etc do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown View Post
    Bonds would have made it without steroids, but because he did use steroids, he should NOT be allowed in. Greedy ****in bastard
    yeah that's the weird thing about him, he was a hall of famer, but chose to cheat later, no one made him cheat, it was his decision, and he should suffer the consequences.

vCash
    The definite for me:

Bonds
    Clemens
    Piazza
    Biggio
    Bagwell

Raines would also probably get my vote. Schilling is borderline to me, Lofton and Bernie are less borderline to me (so, no), Sosa is borderline....Yeah, I'd just go with those 5 guys.

vCash
    Piazza
    Bonds
    Clemens
    Edgar Martinez (9 seasons of 5+ fWAR value and 8 seasons with WRC+ of 150 or more, only 22 guys have done the latter)
    Bagwell
    Trammell

Biggio is always up in the air to me, but 3000 is still important enough he gets in eventually.

And Edgar Martinez's bat is always underrated even as a DH for a good portion of his career.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-23-2012 at 05:47 PM.

vCash
    Jack Morris is the only guy I would vote for.

vCash
    Bonds, Bagwell, Clemens, Schilling, Palmeiro and Piazza are no brainers to me. Some of the others are slightly more borderline. I think Biggio will get in because he seems to be well respected and has 3k hits. I wouldn't have an issue with Raines, Martinez, Sosa, Lofton, Walker, or Williams getting in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown View Post
    I see what you did there

vCash
    This is nuts, I count at least 11 guys who should be by my standards.

Also, if anyone wants to explain why they voted Piazza but not Clemens/Bonds I'm all ears.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast