Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Sam Smith on Boozer and Bulls Record

True wisdom is back.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/ask-sa...-11232012.html

Earlier on the trip, the Bulls have involved Boozer more, and he's had more than 20 and 10 in both contests. Last season Bulls fans looked at Boozer's 15 points per game and were disappointed, but the real issue wasn't Boozer's abilities (his efficiency from midrange and in the paint were both among the best in the league), it was that he wasn't receiving enough opportunities. I did a bit of research to see how Boozer performed last season when he actually received as many opportunities as a No. 2 scorer should. Arguably the best 2nd option of all time (or at least in Bulls history) Scottie Pippen averaged about 16 shots per game from 1990-98, so I used that as a standard for about how many shots a 2nd scorer like Boozer should get. It turns out that last year in games where Boozer took at least 15 shots, he averaged 21 points on 56% shooting, compared to 12.6 points on 52% shooting when he shot fewer than 15 times. Also, Boozer averages over 10 rebounds per 36 minutes in his career. I firmly believe that if Boozer is utilized correctly, as a second scorer and not as a role player (ala Luol Deng under Vinny Del Negro), he can be the 20-10 player that he was in Utah.

Sam: Yes, the eternal Booz debate, though as many would be quick to tell you, They know Scottie Pippen and Carlos Boozer is no Scottie Pippen. Boozer usually gets the hook for his defense, which is the priority of the coach. Boozer might be better with someone like Mike DíAntoni, though heís a better coach on defense that given credit for. But Thibodeau is going to have to make some tough decisions for himself the way the offense has stumbled late in games and maybe ride Boozer more than he cares to at times. Perhaps he should just look away if he considers the view hideous.

Most predictions for the Bulls this season has been a realistic .500 record. What if they get lucky, what's the best case scenario?

Sam: 42-40? I think thatís what some are overlooking in this 5-6 start. They were generally supposed to be around .500 without Rose, and then if Rose were to return and look good maybe get up to 47 or 48 wins and go from there. The Rockets won a title after a midseason shakeup and 47 wins in 1995. No, Iím hardly suggesting that. But you lose a lot of close games when you are a .500 type team, and the Bulls appear right on schedule.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    shots per game is a terible way to judge a player, when a guy shoots 15+ shots its because he is scoring well, but when boozer doesnt score well, he stops shooting and gets benched. so with that said this thread is pointless, I bet almost every players stats go up when they take more shots because durring those games they where on and the ball was going through them.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    shots per game is a terible way to judge a player, when a guy shoots 15+ shots its because he is scoring well, but when boozer doesnt score well, he stops shooting and gets benched. so with that said this thread is pointless, I bet almost every players stats go up when they take more shots because durring those games they where on and the ball was going through them.
    Nah man its Sam Smith dude is a gospel.

vCash
    Please don't use psd to promote your personal blog

vCash
    True wisdom.

vCash
    I do agree that Boozer needs to be used more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    I do agree that Boozer needs to be used more.
    Agreed.

vCash
    JB bringing the ****ing troll claps back