Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Outlook on players bryan colangelo brought to the raptors

http://hoopshype.com/galleries/hoops...slideIdslide-0

A lot of the problem with colangelo was he looked for cheap depth for the bench and roaster, and didnt have many assets to work with, and continued to overpay roll players. Yes colangelo was a 2 time executive of the year, but the only reason why he won executive of the year the first time was because steve nash's loyalty to the suns organization allowed him to bring in nash. There were a lot of pieces to work with for toronto when he came in in 2006, and a 1st round draft pick.

When you look at the moves done, Colangelo didn't do a whole lot to keep chris bosh happy in toronto, with all the bums he's signed and garbage he's taken from trades, the team didnt look better. I originally though colangelo, as of late, has been making better moves. The rudy gay trade, though for an overpaid allstar, it was a good trade, a good value for caldy+ davis. This team is bound to make the playoffs next year, with more experience coaching with casey, and with the removal of bargnani + shedding cap from kleiza contract.

overall, Colangelo is doing better as of late, he wasnt doing a good job before, but lately, he's been making better moves. I would've like to let him fix his mess, than have someone else come in, and take credit for it. Though, I rather miss the playoffs and hope stern helps out Jerry colangelo and his family, by allowing the raptors to rigg the lottery and get wiggins. Wiggins, canadian born, playing for the raptors? Think of the revenue and publicity! It would be just like when (patrick ewing was drafted 1st overall for the knicks) and like lebron for cleveland, and rose for chicago.
    Last edited by FriedTofuz; 05-21-2013 at 03:02 AM.
    Try staring at this picture for more than a minute without getting a headache

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    http://hoopshype.com/galleries/hoops...slideIdslide-0

A lot of the problem with colangelo was he looked for cheap depth for the bench and roaster, and didnt have many assets to work with, and continued to overpay roll players. Yes colangelo was a 2 time executive of the year, but the only reason why he won executive of the year the first time was because steve nash's loyalty to the suns organization allowed him to bring in nash. There were a lot of pieces to work with for toronto when he came in in 2006, and a 1st round draft pick.

When you look at the moves done, Colangelo didn't do a whole lot to keep chris bosh happy in toronto, with all the bums he's signed and garbage he's taken from trades, the team didnt look better. I originally though colangelo, as of late, has been making better moves. The rudy gay trade, though for an overpaid allstar, it was a good trade, a good value for caldy+ davis. This team is bound to make the playoffs next year, with more experience coaching with casey, and with the removal of bargnani + shedding cap from kleiza contract.

overall, Colangelo is doing better as of late, he wasnt doing a good job before, but lately, he's been making better moves. I would've like to let him fix his mess, than have someone else come in, and take credit for it. Though, I rather miss the playoffs and hope stern helps out Jerry colangelo and his family, by allowing the raptors to rigg the lottery and get wiggins. Wiggins, canadian born, playing for the raptors? Think of the revenue and publicity! It would be just like when (patrick ewing was drafted 1st overall for the knicks) and like lebron for cleveland, and rose for chicago.
    Seems like a contradiction to me. He overpaid role players and tried to get cheap depth. Role players pretty much are your depth on a 9-12 man team (the 13-15 roster spots aren't really relevant in my mind). If anything, he overpaid for depth, limiting his ability to bring in major impact players.

I think Colangelo has been given every opportunity to make this team relevant and failed to do so. I have 0 problem with the person, but definitely feel it is time for a new regime and a new plan.

vCash
    We wouldn't make the playoffs if the new GM starts the rebuild/tank for Wiggins
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    We wouldn't make the playoffs if the new GM starts the rebuild/tank for Wiggins
    I have never followed this logic. Are tankers actual fans of basketball? If you want Wiggins you do a deal with a potential lottery team next year for their draft pick. Then beat them to improve your chances. Don't lie on the street corner waiting for stern to give you something. Tanker must life at home with their parents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Seems like a contradiction to me. He overpaid role players and tried to get cheap depth. Role players pretty much are your depth on a 9-12 man team (the 13-15 roster spots aren't really relevant in my mind). If anything, he overpaid for depth, limiting his ability to bring in major impact players.
    I definitely saw the contradiction too.

I also disagree with the part of the OP that says that he didn't surround Bosh with much. He paired him up with talented PGs. He also tried different 2nd options beside him like JO, Marion and Hedo (the last one being the #1 free agent that offseason). He even brought in some of Bosh's friends to make him more comfortable.