Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Nicks, or Cruz....who's better?

just a way to have a fun debate on who do we think is the better receiver for the Giants....it's a tough pick on which one is better, but based on this link, this is why I think he's the best.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e04Q...eature=g-all-u
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    From a pure talent perspective, yes, Hakeem Nicks is our BEST WR. The problem with Nicks has never been with his play or performance, it's been how long he can stay on the field to put his skills on display. Unfortunately, he has yet to play a complete season for us. Hopefully, next year can be his first.

As far as who is more VALUABLE to the team, I'd have to lean slightly toward Cruz at this point, simply because the guy stays healthy and he plays a very important position for us in the slot.

Fact is, though, if we want to go far in the playoffs this year and beyond, we'll need both of them on our roster, and both playing healthy. They complement each other so well.

vCash
    Number 88

vCash
    They compliment each other so well in the passing game, I think there both good, they both excel in there position.

Nicks is more talented and has better hands but can't seem to stay healthy.

I think Nicks could still put up numbers without cruz in the line up

But Cruz can't produce the same numbers without having Nicks on the outside.

I'd say Nicks.

vCash
    I've seen our offensive differences with and without a healthy Hakeem Nicks, and I don't think that's a coincidence. He's a top 5 wide receiver when healthy. 88 is the guy here.

vCash
    and that's the thing, Cruz plays a position that's more important, but I felt that Hakeem Nicks was special, ever since he scored his 1st NFL touchdown, and I believed that Nicks has the speed to run like Cruz, but my dumb*** colleagues thought I was stupid for saying Hakeem Nicks was the better receiver than Cruz, and this is how this thread started out.
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

vCash
    Nicks has the better hands ...cruz is the homerun..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    Nicks has the better hands ...cruz is the homerun..
    Hakeem can be the homerun receiver as well, but he's just used as the "blanket security" role receiver more often, but the dude has breakaway speed.

vCash
    Nicks. Beast.

vCash
    Victor Cruz. He is our 3rd down receiver and deep threat

vCash
    When Healthy Nicks, but thats not a knock on Cruz, he is great as well.
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    From a pure talent perspective, yes, Hakeem Nicks is our BEST WR. The problem with Nicks has never been with his play or performance, it's been how long he can stay on the field to put his skills on display. Unfortunately, he has yet to play a complete season for us. Hopefully, next year can be his first.

As far as who is more VALUABLE to the team, I'd have to lean slightly toward Cruz at this point, simply because the guy stays healthy and he plays a very important position for us in the slot.

Fact is, though, if we want to go far in the playoffs this year and beyond, we'll need both of them on our roster, and both playing healthy. They complement each other so well.
    Pretty much this..nicks can do soo much and adds a different dimension when on the field to our O also better run blocking WR ..

But don't think losing Cruz is something we can just go oh whatever with either we need both !

Better? Cruz is amazing but it's nicks he just needs to stay healthy .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    Hakeem can be the homerun receiver as well, but he's just used as the "blanket security" role receiver more often, but the dude has breakaway speed.
    Thank you ppl forget appearantly the screens we'd toss nicks and he'd break for even TDs ..and he's a bigger guy (maybe why he's hurt Cruz doesn't want the hits he's a smaller guy nicks is like boldin sized he can run threw guys ..Cruz runs past bc we DON'T WANT HIM HIT TOO MUCH..yes he can take it lol .)

vCash
    Who cares whose better? Their both on our team and both very good receivers.

A relevant question is who would you rather pay? And the answer to that question is undoubtedly Victor Cruz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Who cares whose better? Their both on our team and both very good receivers.

A relevant question is who would you rather pay? And the answer to that question is undoubtedly Victor Cruz
    it was meant to be a fun debate bro, chill out a bit, and besides, at least 13 other people decided to just play around with the question...and besides, could you determine who's better?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast